• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 MT HS Football

Mineral Griz said:
no love for the beaverS.................Go Dillon. BEST team in A :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb:

That is right, there is "No love for the beavers".

At least among anyone I know.

Grizzlies1982 said:
Mineral Griz said:
no love for the beaverS.................Go Dillon. BEST team in A :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb:

Also a weird post because I have had Dillon as the #1 team in A the entire year. It's like Alabama going into a game saying, "No one believed we could win."

VimSince03 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Mineral Griz said:

Also a weird post because I have had Dillon as the #1 team in A the entire year. It's like Alabama going into a game saying, "No one believed we could win."

Vim, I think you misunderstood me.

You've had it right. Dillon has deserved to be ranked #1.

I was simply stating that I don't know anyone who loves Dillon (the curse of being too successful). :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
VimSince03 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Mineral Griz said:

I was simply stating that I don't know anyone who loves Dillon (the curse of being too successful). :ugeek:

Haha you misunderstood me then because I was agreeing with you about the post. No worries.

Week 10 is updated. Final week of the regular season for AA with every seed undecided other than Billings Senior as they will be the #1 seed no matter what. I included links to the A, B, 8-Man, and 6-Man playoff brackets. Will breakdown each playoff and choose a winner prior to the games starting on Friday. Stay tuned!

Big AA game here in Billings this weekend, as #1 Senior (9-0) takes on #5 West (6-3) on Friday night. While Senior already has the number 1 seed locked up, West could significantly improve their playoff seeding by beating Senior, and finishing with a 7-3 record, as opposed to losing and finishing 6-4.

grizband said:
Big AA game here in Billings this weekend, as #1 Senior (9-0) takes on #5 West (6-3) on Friday night. While Senior already has the number 1 seed locked up, West could significantly improve their playoff seeding by beating Senior, and finishing with a 7-3 record, as opposed to losing and finishing 6-4.

The only way West can earn a Top 4 seed is if they win and Capital loses. That would give them the #4 seed. West has been a great surprise this year. Underclassmen are leading their team in several categories with Demarcus Carr being one of the best running backs in AA as a sophomore.

VimSince03 said:
grizband said:

The only way West can earn a Top 4 seed is if they win and Capital loses. That would give them the #4 seed. West has been a great surprise this year. Underclassmen are leading their team in several categories with Demarcus Carr being one of the best running backs in AA as a sophomore.
The cancellation of the Flathead and Glacier games will apparently affect playoff seeding this year. Flathead (5-3) and Sentinel (4-4) sit 6th and 7th right now, but each has a maximum of 9 games this year.

Edit: Just noticed that Helena, which currently sits in 2nd place, will only finish with 9 games this year too.

grizband said:
VimSince03 said:
grizband said:

The cancellation of the Flathead and Glacier games will apparently affect playoff seeding this year. Flathead (5-3) and Sentinel (4-4) sit 6th and 7th right now, but each has a maximum of 9 games this year.

Edit: Just noticed that Helena, which currently sits in 2nd place, will only finish with 9 games this year too.

Because of those cancellations, it has actually made the playoff brackets a little easier to sort out. I broke down the scenarios in the Week 10 post for AA. There is a scenario where Flathead can be the #4 seed and a scenario where Sentinel could be eliminated.

VimSince03 said:
grizband said:
VimSince03 said:
grizband said:

Because of those cancellations, it has actually made the playoff brackets a little easier to sort out. I broke down the scenarios in the Week 10 post for AA. There is a scenario where Flathead can be the #4 seed and a scenario where Sentinel could be eliminated.
Was just about to figure out those scenarios myself, so I'll check your work instead! Thanks Vim!

grizband said:
VimSince03 said:
grizband said:
VimSince03 said:

Was just about to figure out those scenarios myself, so I'll check your work instead! Thanks Vim!

Basically, if Flathead wins and both Capital and West lose, Flathead finishes with the #4 seed. Flathead would finish with a 6-3 record and those other two teams would be 6-4. One less loss means Flathead gets the higher positioning.

Grizzlies1982 said:
VimSince03 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Mineral Griz said:

Think the A is wide open at the moment. Sidney and Dillon lose toward the end. Sidney is definitely not as stout as record suggests and appear to have peaked to early. Billings Central is the sleeper out the east. They have steadily gotten better and rolled by the end of the year. Very young team. Miles City is also improved as year went along. Glendive will not do anything. Laurel is ok but not a world beater.

Glendivegriz said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
VimSince03 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

Think the A is wide open at the moment. Sidney and Dillon lose toward the end. Sidney is definitely not as stout as record suggests and appear to have peaked to early. Billings Central is the sleeper out the east. They have steadily gotten better and rolled by the end of the year. Very young team. Miles City is also improved as year went along. Glendive will not do anything. Laurel is ok but not a world beater.

Billings Central also has by far the easiest draw of all the Top 4 seeds in the Quarterfinals. They get to play either Browning or Frenchtown.

Glendivegriz said:

I agree, Class A appears wide open this year. Eastern A teams lost a huge number of very productive seniors from last year's squads. I know good PROGRAMS usually continue to do well. Though Dillon, Sidney, Miles City, Billings Central & Laurel all seemingly hardly missed a beat without last year's key players. I'm not certain if the talent level is as solid this year. Yet I am sure the younger kids have done a great job in stepping up!

I'm ignorant if Columbia Falls or Hamilton are the real deal since all I've seen is a box score for their games. Appears both did an impressive job during their regular seasons. Yet my hunch is this year's state champ will one of the five names in the paragraph above.

Hamilton & Billings Central each have a potentially easy quarter final game. Both also have a shot to win it all. However I suspect the winner of the potential Sidney & Dillon game has the inside track to become champs. Neither team is nearly as strong as last year's yet they are solid and will enjoy the home field advantage throughout. Both are tough places to win at. In a year where everyone seems competitive, but none are dominant, that home field advantage may prove to be the edge.

By the way big congratulations to Glendive and to Browning for really making a positive change in their programs. In recent years the Red Devils have taken a beating so I'm pleased to see their turn around. I'm also impressed with Frenchtown's kids sticking it out. Last year they had one single senior on the team and were pounded on a regular basis. This year they are enjoying the fruit of hanging in there when things looked bleak. Anything is possible so good luck to all! :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
Glendivegriz said:

I agree, Class A appears wide open this year. Eastern A teams lost a huge number of very productive seniors from last year's squads. I know good PROGRAMS usually continue to do well. Though Dillon, Sidney, Miles City, Billings Central & Laurel all seemingly hardly missed a beat without last year's key players. I'm not certain if the talent level is as solid this year. Yet I am sure the younger kids have done a great job in stepping up!

I'm ignorant if Columbia Falls or Hamilton are the real deal since all I've seen is a box score for their games. Appears both did an impressive job during their regular seasons. Yet my hunch is this year's state champ will one of the five names in the paragraph above.

Hamilton & Billings Central each have a potentially easy quarter final game. Both also have a shot to win it all. However I suspect the winner of the potential Sidney & Dillon game has the inside track to become champs. Neither team is nearly as strong as last year's yet they are solid and will enjoy the home field advantage throughout. Both are tough places to win at. In a year where everyone seems competitive, but none are dominant, that home field advantage may prove to be the edge.

By the way big congratulations to Glendive and to Browning for really making a positive change in their programs. In recent years the Red Devils have taken a beating so I'm pleased to see their turn around. I'm also impressed with Frenchtown's kids sticking it out. Last year they had one single senior on the team and were pounded on a regular basis. This year they are enjoying the fruit of hanging in there when things looked bleak. Anything is possible so good luck to all! :ugeek:

Yes, Glendive making playoffs was a nice surprise. Even with a losing record, the fact that they had some nice wins and played hard all year was a positive step. If anyone hasn't seen Glendives revamped stadium, it is worth the trip.

Class A First Round Predictions: http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42160

Class B First Round Predictions: http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42161

Class C 8-Man First Round Predictions: http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42165

Class C 6-Man First Round Predictions: http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42166

Here are my predictions. October Playoff Madness is upon us gentlemen!

Back