• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Griz Football Recruiting- 4 Transfers, 22 HS & 4 Walk-ons

griz5700 said:
Ursa Major said:
go96griz said:
Alaska Griz said:
sorry if it goes against your "red flag" theory, but I when you put the numbers of the class and the numbers of states we drew from and the fact that we got a bunch of Washington kids just last year, it holds no water. Hint...try using a bigger sample size.

Might want to look into adjusting the tin foil hat too.
And have your doctor put you on a trial run of antidepressants. Maybe you'll be less of a dick to people.

Sorry to provide another angle guys. Critical thinking isn't for everyone.

Everything is great. 3-5.
I think most people would welcome respectful critical and disparate thought. Your messages get lost with your presentation. This is what happens when you talk down to people.

Ursa Major said:
griz5700 said:
Ursa Major said:
go96griz said:
Might want to look into adjusting the tin foil hat too.
And have your doctor put you on a trial run of antidepressants. Maybe you'll be less of a dick to people.

Sorry to provide another angle guys. Critical thinking isn't for everyone.

Everything is great. 3-5.
I think most people would welcome respectful critical and disparate thought. Your messages get lost with your presentation. This is what happens when you talk down to people.

Please stick to recruiting. No one else gives a damn.

CB/Ret- Braxton Reiten 5'9" 170 (Columbia Falls HS) Columbia Falls, MT (Walk-on)

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4510884/braxton-reiten

Paytonlives said:
CB/Ret- Braxton Reiten 5'9" 170 (Columbia Falls HS) Columbia Falls, MT (Walk-on)

Posted this a week ago when telling you guys who I thought were the best Montana kids still available:

So here is another Class A player:

Braxton Reiten (Columbia Falls) - 5'9", 170 lbs. - WR and Return Specalist

Braxton piled up 1,303 yards on 74 catches along with 22 receiving touchdowns his senior season for the Wildcats. He is also an excellent returner. Would fit right into the Z-receiver position in the Stitt offense.

Extremely productive his senior season. Quick twitch kid who can make things happen in the return game. Quality walk-on for Montana. Good get.

VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:

Posted this a week ago when telling you guys who I thought were the best Montana kids still available:

So here is another Class A player:

Braxton Reiten (Columbia Falls) - 5'9", 170 lbs. - WR and Return Specalist

Braxton piled up 1,303 yards on 74 catches along with 22 receiving touchdowns his senior season for the Wildcats. He is also an excellent returner. Would fit right into the Z-receiver position in the Stitt offense.

Extremely productive his senior season. Quick twitch kid who can make things happen in the return game. Quality walk-on for Montana. Good get.

Thanks for insights.

grizaremoregooder said:
When will we know if Tyree Range is coming to Missoula?

No idea. The fact he hasn't signed with someone else already makes me think things are in play and we have a shot. I don't think his visit is total rumor.

HookedonGriz said:
grizaremoregooder said:

No idea. The fact he hasn't signed with someone else already makes me think things are in play and we have a shot. I don't think his visit is total rumor.
Isn't he supposed to be a transfer? If so, I'd imagine we won't know tell he enrolls, most likely find out for sure when fall camp opens unless Kyle can get some solid info sooner.

HookedonGriz said:
grizaremoregooder said:

Unless a FBS swoops in... he will be here in the Spring...

My concern is not WA v OKL or ID vs FLA but the complete lack of Canadian players! These are kids who are healthy (they've had Obamacare their whole lives), and 10 times less likely to be shot between now and the first spring practice. Tough enough to drink beer that has alcohol in it. Fit enough to play on a bigger field, and get the 10 yards with fewer downs, so very efficient. And have listened to BTO on the Canadian prairie their whole lives so they are used to "loud and cold" and being "the best in space". Plus we are a former British colony so some of them can probably kick.

SaskGriz said:
My concern is not WA v OKL or ID vs FLA but the complete lack of Canadian players! These are kids who are healthy (they've had Obamacare their whole lives), and 10 times less likely to be shot between now and the first spring practice. Tough enough to drink beer that has alcohol in it. Fit enough to play on a bigger field, and get the 10 yards with fewer downs, so very efficient. And have listened to BTO on the Canadian prairie their whole lives so they are used to "loud and cold" and being "the best in space". Plus we are a former British colony so some of them can probably kick.

Apparently there are some problems with immigration :D

SaskGriz said:

Bravo. :thumb: POTY UM

IntuitiveGriz said:
Stitt said...

18 HS kids all planned to red-shirt, 4 Transfers for immediate help, on the DL (3).
There was a gap at QB (SR and RS-FR), so brought in JR with two years eligibility for competition/depth).
Identified 10 MT kids with FBS ability, then built class around the MT kids.
These kids are friends, tight-nit, from social media.
Brought the recruits in for game-day environment, see the difference from mid-major FBS conferences.
UM has larger attendance than 46 FBS schools, and better atmosphere.
13 of 18 attended UM Camp this summer (saw beautiful Msla in the summer, parents too).
This is a well rounded class.
First class felt good about but had to continue Delaney class when hired. 2 full cycles totally his own.
Now has to develop class in Fall, great potential, possibly some pros.
Some have the talent to play right-a-way, but will red-shirt to keep them with their class/friends.
Wants them to just do school, lift, just show up to practice instead of having to game plan too.
He wants to get to 12 around scholarships graduating every year. (5 classes X 12 = 60)
Feels he has 3 guys that can start at QB this fall. (Phillips, Hill, Jensen)
Dick and Wilson have ability to play other positions (WR/Safety), but are brought here to play QB.
He elaborated that Dick is a great QB, everybody raises their bar of play around him.
They look at: Tape, Transcripts, Camp (fit with team, are they a team guy, not "look at me" guy).
Semore coached at Tulsa and Ok State, Dad is from Ok, that is the connection to Ok players this class.
Former Colo Mines coach, now Tulsa coach, turned UM onto RB Moses. Tulsa signed someone else.

I like Coach Stitts thinking. Looks like we were a young team and now he is putting the pieces together. 2017 will be a great year for the Griz

SaskGriz said:

great stuff right there.... :lol:

HookedonGriz said:
Latest on this Thurber ordeal? Kyle?

"MIssouian:
Thurber is out of Kennedy Catholic High School in Burien, Washington and was also a late recruit. Montana contacted him just this past week in fact to offer him a preferred walk-on spot.
Though he participated in Kennedy Catholic's signing day celebrations Wednesday, Thurber said he only Wednesday night received word he'd been accepted to enroll at Montana."

Since I am the one who brought this to the board, let me be one of the first to welcome Mr. Thurber to Griz Nation. Obviously, there was some confusion as to his status as late as Wed. evening at the Kalispell social, even among the coaches.. Fortunately those issues were resolved, and we can look forward to seeing this fine young man in maroon and silver for years to come..
Welcome, Jared..Go Griz!!

birdieman said:
kyle_sample said:
birdieman said:
go96griz said:
That is strange, Thurber retweeted 4 hours ago a story from his school which contained mentioned his Montana commit.

When I got there, I saw they only had 22 players listed on the handout..After checking it with my list, saw that Thurber was the missing player...The program had not started yet, so was able to talk to a couple different coaches..Both said it was his decision, but neither would elaborate the details as to why, just that social media played a part in it..

That would be strange. Thurber told me last night that he sent in his application. And he's shown in a picture today wearing Griz stuff. He's a walk-on. Without talking to Jared today, I would guess that he wasn't on the list because walk-ons weren't listed.

Hope you are right, Kyle...I spoke to two separate coaches about it, asking specifically why he was not on the list, thinking probably just some administrative issues...????..Am sure you will get the scoop..

Missoulian reported as confirmed that Jared is a member of the Griz, as a PWO. Reiten is also a PWO, per this article....

http://missoulian.com/sports/colleg...cle_1079e642-eb0d-505f-b252-63fe4738584e.html

Included in the late adds is Columbia Falls wide receiver and return man Braxton Reiten. He and Washington receiver Jared Thurber have both accepted preferred walk-on spots at Montana.

birdieman said:
HookedonGriz said:
Latest on this Thurber ordeal? Kyle?

"MIssouian:
Thurber is out of Kennedy Catholic High School in Burien, Washington and was also a late recruit. Montana contacted him just this past week in fact to offer him a preferred walk-on spot.
Though he participated in Kennedy Catholic's signing day celebrations Wednesday, Thurber said he only Wednesday night received word he'd been accepted to enroll at Montana."

Since I am the one who brought this to the board, let me be one of the first to welcome Mr. Thurber to Griz Nation. Obviously, there was some confusion as to his status as late as Wed. evening at the Kalispell social, even among the coaches.. Fortunately those issues were resolved, and we can look forward to seeing this fine young man in maroon and silver for years to come..
Welcome, Jared..Go Griz!!
That is good news. This kid is going to turn out to be a steal. Height and speed are two things that can't be coached. There might be some other issue why he didn't receive much interest but that might be something he can be coached up on.

This might be posted somewhere else, but how is a PWO different from a regular walk-on? Thanks in advance.

SaskGriz said:
This might be posted somewhere else, but how is a PWO different from a regular walk-on? Thanks in advance.

PWO can start practicing before school is in session, WO has to wait until starts

Back