• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Badlands Bowl

Richard Cranium said:
VimSince03 said:
Richard Cranium said:
I think Jobman was D MVP last year, but I think it should have been Jace Lewis.

Are we going to argue this again RC?

Nope just my opinion. I am interested in your opinions on what I posted up above.

Yeah Jace was a force in both the Badlands Bowl and Shrine Game but Jobman (Badlands Bowl) and LeTexier (Shrine Game-West) earned Defensive MVP's over him....basically because of turnovers they both attained during the games. Jace was worthy each time too. As for an opinion above, I'm finishing up the Defensive Roster write-up and will post it here soon. I break down the defensive line there.

Richard Cranium said:
I have been going to the Badlands Bowl for the past 10 years. I really enjoy watching the Montana Team whip the crap out of the Nodaks. Montana holds a decisive 17-6 lead in the series. Nodaks 6 wins have been by an average of 8 points. Montana's 17 wins have been by an average of 23 points. Montana has won 8 games by over 21 points, 5 games by over 30 points and 4 games by over 40 points. Nodak has won 3 of its 6 games by less than 3 points.

Those stats have a Griz - cat ring to them.

NativeGriz said:
Richard Cranium said:
I have been going to the Badlands Bowl for the past 10 years. I really enjoy watching the Montana Team whip the crap out of the Nodaks. Montana holds a decisive 17-6 lead in the series. Nodaks 6 wins have been by an average of 8 points. Montana's 17 wins have been by an average of 23 points. Montana has won 8 games by over 21 points, 5 games by over 30 points and 4 games by over 40 points. Nodak has won 3 of its 6 games by less than 3 points.

Those stats have a Griz - cat ring to them.

When I was composing those stats I thought the same thing. When the Griz win they win by 23 points and every 4 years when the cats win, they win by 6 points on average.

The defensive breakdown of the Montana roster for the Badlands Bowl is up for the lunch crowd!

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39926

I'll also assess the North Dakota roster. They once again have a very large offensive line but Montana has ran circles around them the past few years with better overall athleticism.

Thanks Vim. Do you see a scenario where Troy Anderson gets to play QB in this game. I think he opens up the offense more than the other 2 Qb's. Troy is big, strong and very fast with a pretty good arm.

Richard Cranium said:
Thanks Vim. Do you see a scenario where Troy Anderson gets to play QB in this game. I think he opens up the offense more than the other 2 Qb's. Troy is big, strong and very fast with a pretty good arm.

I'm sure Murdock will consider all options if he feels the need to do so. But knowing Murdock's system, the better fits are Nate Dick and Callahan O'Reilly in my opinion. Troy operated an attack that mostly ran the ball and then ran it some more. Dillon doesn't really run quick-passing offense like Nate and Callahan did in high school.

Anyway, I've done some initial scouting on North Dakota and my early impression is the same as past years: we are faster and more athletic than they are. I'll do a position group comparison between Montana and North Dakota and give my opinion on who wins later.

VimSince03 said:
I'll also assess the North Dakota roster. They once again have a very large offensive line but Montana has ran circles around them the past few years with better overall athleticism.

Any theories as to why Nodak has such large lineman? Nature (genetics) or Nurture (gravy)?

VimSince03 said:

With that said, North Dakota's DT tandem of Seth Braun (6'0", 275 - Bismarck Century) and Chauncey Turner (6'2", 295 - Bismarck St. Mary's) will be a handful for the interior of our offensive line. They are big and powerful off the line nearly every snap. Also, their best offensive lineman, Zach Willis (6'4", 300 - West Fargo), will anchor their offensive line and can step in on the defensive line as well. Zach is one of three NDSU signee's playing in this game. On the flip side, Zach will be getting a good test all game against Jaxen Hashley because I don't see a ton of plays on tape where Zach has to block a kid the size of Jaxen who is that good on his feet.

VimSince03 said:
The defensive breakdown of the Montana roster for the Badlands Bowl is up for the lunch crowd!

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39926

this is the best breakdown i have ever seen on montana high school players. a lot of work
was put into this. thanks a lot Vim. great insight.

Ursa Major said:
Any theories as to why Nodak has such large lineman? Nature (genetics) or Nurture (gravy)?

What if your dad and your grandpa were large humans, but they both became large humans by eating boatloads of gravy? Is that nature or nurture?

AllWeatherFan said:
Ursa Major said:

What if your dad and your grandpa were large humans, but they both became large humans by eating boatloads of gravy? Is that nature or nurture?

I believe that is gravi-ty.

Ursa Major said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Ursa Major said:

I believe that is gravi-ty.

:clap: :)

Roster move: After the first practice Sidney's McGinnis was moved from CB to WR, which is where the Griz plan to put him.

Back