• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2009 Griz Football Recruiting List

AZGrizFan said:
putter said:
With TJ, Swink and Thompson our DB's could have some serious speed next year.

And just think how good we'd be if Swink could actually PLAY DB. :roll:

Really? Swink did very well IMO for transferring in so late. Started everygame I think and did very well besides a few plays getting beat deep. Him and Thompson were both very good tacklers.

BDizzle said:
AZGrizFan said:
And just think how good we'd be if Swink could actually PLAY DB. :roll:

Really? Swink did very well IMO for transferring in so late. Started everygame I think and did very well besides a few plays getting beat deep. Him and Thompson were both very good tacklers.

Meh. I am NOT impressed with Swink...Would have loved to see an NC game with Thompson healthy.

JMHO, though. :|

Swink played very well this season. Thompson wasn't hurt. AZGrizFan, you don't know what you're talking about.

AZGrizFan said:
BDizzle said:

Meh. I am NOT impressed with Swink...Would have loved to see an NC game with Thompson healthy.

Who is Tramaine Johnson?

AZGrizFan said:
BDizzle said:

Pretty sure Swink was the one playing hurt. Remember all the questions about him even playing in the playoffs. Rumors of a broken arm or something.

BDizzle said:
AZGrizFan said:

Pretty sure Swink was the one playing hurt. Remember all the questions about him even playing in the playoffs. Rumors of a broken arm or something.

Not entirely sure but I think it was a thumb, or a bone in his hand.

I actually liked how Swink played when healthy, he was pretty good in run support as well, and could provide QB pressure in some situations. In fact I think thats how he hurt his hand, blitzing a QB and jamming it hard on a facemask.

I think the top 4 CBs this year (TJ, Swink, Thompson, McCord) are going to a be a very tough group to pass on. Add in Schann, Stoll, and Cummings at the safety spot, this secondary is going to be great.

Re/MaxGriz said:
BDizzle said:

I actually liked how Swink played when healthy, he was pretty good in run support as well, and could provide QB pressure in some situations. In fact I think thats how he hurt his hand, blitzing a QB and jamming it hard on a facemask.

I think the top 4 CBs this year (TJ, Swink, Thompson, McCord) are going to a be a very tough group to pass on. Add in Schann, Stoll, and Cummings at the safety spot, this secondary is going to be great.

:agree:

ronbo said:
We're adding alot of speed at WR. We seem to be going back to smaller faster guys like 2004.

Mariani
Cady
Sambrano
Pelczar

And it's a good thing too, because we needed to add speed at WR.

You can't have a lethal airiel attack without it. SPEED KILLS

Re/MaxGriz said:
BDizzle said:

I realize Swink played hurt...TJ didn't play at all.

I sure hope you're right. It just seemed like whenever the Griz were giving up a big pass play this year, it was Swink on the coverage.

AZGrizFan said:
Re/MaxGriz said:

I sure hope you're right. It just seemed like whenever the Griz were giving up a big pass play this year, it was Swink on the coverage.

I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that initially teams started to throw away from TJ. After TJ went down with injury Swim picked up other teams top recievers and teams continually tried to test him. I thought he did a very good job as our #1 cornerback. At that position I don't care who you are your going to give up some big plays and your going to stand out for it. Its the nature of being a CB

Baller1 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that initially teams started to throw away from TJ. After TJ went down with injury Swim picked up other teams top recievers and teams continually tried to test him. I thought he did a very good job as our #1 cornerback. At that position I don't care who you are your going to give up some big plays and your going to stand out for it. Its the nature of being a CB

IF a team's "continually" testing you, you ought to have at least ONE interception before the NC game. And more than 6 passes defensed.

didn't Swink get a pick in the JMU game, right before the half? That was a huge play. And i thought he caused a fumble @ EWU when the Eags were near the goal line, another big play.

garizzalies said:
didn't Swink get a pick in the JMU game, right before the half? That was a huge play. And i thought he caused a fumble @ EWU when the Eags were near the goal line, another big play.

Not to mention making a great play to break up the fourth down pass that was JMU's last gasp.

Back