Re: Griz soccer 2017

Post by cmtgrizzly » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:56 pm

AZDoc wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:16 pm
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 pm
cmtgrizzly wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:23 am
Made the game on Sunday. They looked good. Burton will be a star for sure. Alexa looked pretty good as well. If she were a bit faster she would be really tough to stop. Center defender played very well. They could be real contender and maybe dominant in the Big Sky if Plakorus can get consistency from them.
They seem to be a better team this year. Move the ball real well when attacking. They've always been good on the defensive end but this years team seems to have an offensive edge they ain't had in a while. Our biggest offensive threat has yet to hit the net and yet we're 3-1 and still scoring goals. That says a lot.
Glad they are moving the ball. Against boise they absolutely did not the first half. I'm excited to see them play well

Maybe they can have success to rival what the softball team had last year

alabamagrizzly
Starter
I am a fan of: Montana Griz

Post by alabamagrizzly » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:57 pm

cmtgrizzly wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:56 pm
AZDoc wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:16 pm
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 pm
cmtgrizzly wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:23 am
Made the game on Sunday. They looked good. Burton will be a star for sure. Alexa looked pretty good as well. If she were a bit faster she would be really tough to stop. Center defender played very well. They could be real contender and maybe dominant in the Big Sky if Plakorus can get consistency from them.
They seem to be a better team this year. Move the ball real well when attacking. They've always been good on the defensive end but this years team seems to have an offensive edge they ain't had in a while. Our biggest offensive threat has yet to hit the net and yet we're 3-1 and still scoring goals. That says a lot.
Glad they are moving the ball. Against boise they absolutely did not the first half. I'm excited to see them play well

Maybe they can have success to rival what the softball team had last year
It wouldn't be unprecedented. Montana's been to the national tourney 3 times going 1-3. Most recent was 2011 when we faced Stanford and lost 3-0. They would go on to win the championship. Our 1st trip was in '99 where we lost to Texas A&M 2-1. In 2000 was our best showing beating Washington St 1-0 but we then lost to Washington in the next round 5-0.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's

84GRIZ
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by 84GRIZ » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:22 am

Nice write up with lots of info for this weekend's soccer games on Go Griz. Sounds like Howard had a pretty nasty gash on her leg from a cleat I would assume. Had to have 10 stitches, good news is it does not sound it was any type of knee injury. Did not say if she was available for the this weekend's games.

http://www.gogriz.com/news/2017/8/30/so ... lling.aspx

alabamagrizzly
Starter

Post by alabamagrizzly » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:38 am

84GRIZ wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:22 am
Nice write up with lots of info for this weekend's soccer games on Go Griz. Sounds like Howard had a pretty nasty gash on her leg from a cleat I would assume. Had to have 10 stitches, good news is it does not sound it was any type of knee injury. Did not say if she was available for the this weekend's games.

http://www.gogriz.com/news/2017/8/30/so ... lling.aspx
That's good news about Howard. I was kinda guessing that's what it was the way the ref called the trainers over immediately and that the other girl has an apparent ankle injury. You always are concerned with knees though and they had hers wrapped up pretty good when she walked off with support.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's

cmtgrizzly
2nd String
I am a fan of: UM Grizzlies

Post by cmtgrizzly » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:08 am

Playing on ESPN3 right now

cmtgrizzly
2nd String

Post by cmtgrizzly » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:43 am

UNI just a little faster and playing just a little better than we are and overall are in control of the game. Really windy. Going against wind this half

cmtgrizzly
2nd String

Post by cmtgrizzly » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Griz up 2-1. Going with the wind. Makes shooting a little easier. Momentum with the griz

cmtgrizzly
2nd String

Post by cmtgrizzly » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:30 pm

Now moving the ball and controlling the game for the most part

84GRIZ
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by 84GRIZ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Griz win 2 to 1. Lot's of freshmen contributing. Now they have a 20 hour bus ride home, ouch.
Last edited by 84GRIZ on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alabamagrizzly
Starter

Post by alabamagrizzly » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:09 pm

That's a big win for the Griz. UNI was 6-0 and had not allowed a goal all year. After two real tuff 1-0 losses to two good BIG10 schools including nationally ranked Nebraska, this was a great confidence booster heading into our match up against Oregon next week. The Fr are beginning to lead this team. Go Griz!

cmtgrizzly
2nd String

Post by cmtgrizzly » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Good team bonding :lol: . Good win!

AZDoc
Starter
I am a fan of: Griz

Post by AZDoc » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:34 am

alabamagrizzly wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:09 pm
That's a big win for the Griz. UNI was 6-0 and had not allowed a goal all year. After two real tuff 1-0 losses to two good BIG10 schools including nationally ranked Nebraska, this was a great confidence booster heading into our match up against Oregon next week. The Fr are beginning to lead this team. Go Griz!
I've been following...haven't forgotten. Been helping coach my 11 year old's soccer team and busy at night. Really impressed with these girls thus far. Loved watching them live in Boise and will get to some of the streamed games as the season goes on. Thanks for keeping us updated!
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare