• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Let the coaching Carousel begin...

Paytonlives

Staff member
Oregon State looking for a new coach. Please don't let this become another Stitt bashing. But there will be a domino effect.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyJMoran/status/917461378780192768[/tweet]

grizatwork said:
Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
Waiving the remainder of his contract????
Weird? Appears No payout.
Hmmm. You don't waive your contract unless it is going to get embarrassing. Wonder what is going on.
Yep. Seems like there must be more to this story (which we will most likely never know :( ).

People out here are pretty shocked. The AD at OSU is an old friend of Andersen's. It genuinely strange. You can see from the players that were interviewed after that they lost all respect for him. He preached resilience, toughness, and team first. Then bails half way through the season. Hypocrisy at its finest. There is some speculation that he had a mental breakdown. Rumors also abound that Jonathan Smith might be in the running. Remember him? He was also one of the best QBs to ever play for OSU. This is gonna be interesting...

Hauck? That’s got to be a consideration, doesn’t it?

Most have forgotten that Anderson walked away from a great big ten job in Madtown to take the job @ OSU. Man travels to different drums.

HelenaHandBasket said:
bgbigdog said:

I would say no. OSU needs to make a splash. Haucks effort an UNLV is not what they will or should be looking for.

Was actually a joke, albeit a bad one. Sorry for any confusion. It’s just that I have trouble conveying concise, coherent thoughts. Likely too much posting while driving.

bgbigdog said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
bgbigdog said:

I would say no. OSU needs to make a splash. Haucks effort an UNLV is not what they will or should be looking for.

Was actually a joke, albeit a bad one. Sorry for any confusion in that I have trouble conveying concise, coherent thoughts.

Dropping Stitt would have been funnier.

Baldwin is a pretty logical choice. OSU has fallen to a point where getting a splashy P5 coach is probably pretty unlikely. The coordinator route in my opinion is the way they’ll go, and knowing what Baldwin brings (powerful offense, West Coast recruiter, head coach experience and affordability) I think he’s a legitimate option. Alex Grinch at Wazzu is probably an option as well. Very good D-coordinator.

ari gold said:
Baldwin is a pretty logical choice. OSU has fallen to a point where getting a splashy P5 coach is probably pretty unlikely. The coordinator route in my opinion is the way they’ll go, and knowing what Baldwin brings (powerful offense, West Coast recruiter, head coach experience and affordability) I think he’s a legitimate option. Alex Grinch at Wazzu is probably an option as well. Very good D-coordinator.
Actually, very good points, considering what the trend is in the Pac-12. While there's still some pretty good defense being played in the conferences, there's even more high-powered offense. Baldwin could be a fit.

IdaGriz01 said:
ari gold said:
Actually, very good points, considering what the trend is in the Pac-12. While there's still some pretty good defense being played in the conferences, there's even more high-powered offense. Baldwin could be a fit.

Seems Baldwin timed this perfectly. Ride HC for the extent he did...then P5 OC...next logical step is P5 HC. Good coach, that guy. Smart dude (lucky?) it may seem...

Does Rocky Long at SDSU get a look? He has done a great job at San Diego. Familiarity with the West coast. Then does that open the door for BH at SDSU?

PDXGrizzly said:
People out here are pretty shocked. The AD at OSU is an old friend of Andersen's. It genuinely strange. You can see from the players that were interviewed after that they lost all respect for him. He preached resilience, toughness, and team first. Then bails half way through the season. Hypocrisy at its finest. There is some speculation that he had a mental breakdown. Rumors also abound that Jonathan Smith might be in the running. Remember him? He was also one of the best QBs to ever play for OSU. This is gonna be interesting...

He said in the very beginning that if he couldn't win at OSU he'd walk. He hasn't won and so...

Sounds like integrity to me. Timing is tough but it wouldn't be easier later on. At least this gives the team a chance to retool for next year and beyond.

Back