• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

World Cup 2014

AllWeatherFan said:
Here are the World Cup scenarios for the U.S. for advancement to the Round of 16:

USA loses and Portugal beats Ghana by less than 4 (very likely): USA Advances

Nailed it.

statler & waldorf said:
Quick count. Of the 20, now 21 posts, you posted 8 times, 9 are of the "your damn head" category. Yes, soccer has one hell of a following.

Using Egriz as a microcosm for the soccer following in the US is pretty stupid. If you don't like it then fine, but some of us do, and those numbers are growing. Ask Seattle or Portland how popular soccer is in the USA.

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next few weeks, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to – The World Cup!

BELGIUM 2 - USA 1..........Phfffft! Oh, well. They had their shot.

We now return control of your television set to you. Until 2018 at the same time, when the control voice will take you to – The World Cup

:sleep: .

statler & waldorf said:
There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next few weeks, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to – The World Cup!

BELGIUM 2 - USA 1..........Phfffft! Oh, well. They had their shot.

We now return control of your television set to you. Until 2018 at the same time, when the control voice will take you to – The World Cup

:sleep: .
You know, some of us have watched all or part of most every World Cup game, and totally enjoyed it. If you don't like it, fine -- don't watch. The rest of us don't really care how you feel.

Lighten up, '68. You have obviously lost your sense of humor, probably about the same time you noticed your hair, teeth, and hearing aide were gone. You probably noticed these things missing before, but.....you forgot. Hells Bells, I even watched some of the World Cup. Of course, it had to compete with reruns of Marcus Welby, The Avengers, Charlies Angels, and Tavis Smiley, but by God, I did. I hope those games didn't interfere with your naps. Try to remember to push 'Record' next time. Try to rem....never mind. :lol:

statler & waldorf said:
Lighten up, '68. You have obviously lost your sense of humor, probably about the same time you noticed your hair, teeth, and hearing aide were gone. You probably noticed these things missing before, but.....you forgot. Hells Bells, I even watched some of the World Cup. Of course, it had to compete with reruns of Marcus Welby, The Avengers, Charlies Angels, and Tavis Smiley, but by God, I did. I hope those games didn't interfere with your naps. Try to remember to push 'Record' next time. Try to rem....never mind. :lol:
FWIW, I still have all my teeth and hair, don't wear hearing aids, don't take naps, don't watch any of the programs you mentioned ... and continue to work part-time. My comments have nothing to do with sense of humor; they have to do with recognizing that some people are interested in things you are not, and that's quite fine -- you just need to respect those other interests.

Watched that game in Orlando with 300 people from around the country and world...pretty awesome! Oh, and all you have to do is walk around Disney and look at the soccer women from around the globe and you will quickly become a soccer fan....my lord! :shock:

Well AWF, I hope you're happy! Your little soccer tournament has tipped the first domino. Germany should never, ever, ever be able to win at anything. Ever! I predict panzers patrolling the streets of Warsaw (again) by Christmas.

Friedrich Nietzsche

I watched the Mariner game instead.

They're the only thing that scores less often than a World Cup team....

EverettGriz said:
I watched the Mariner game instead.

They're the only thing that scores less often than a World Cup team....
I believe the word Mariner is now the antonym of an offensive juggernaut.

Ursa Major said:
Well AWF, I hope you're happy! Your little soccer tournament has tipped the first domino. Germany should never, ever, ever be able to win at anything. Ever! I predict panzers patrolling the streets of Warsaw (again) by Christmas.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Also sprach Zarathustra, pal!

Back