• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

wince

No, not inner voice. I though, 'you gotta be nuts.' This was early adolescence, and me and another friend were shown how to do it with a bungie cord type thing. Unconscious, reddish blue in the face, we had to take it off, or the David Carradine thing would would have ended this shit. After that, we went our separate ways. Dead by now, I have no idea. :(

AZGrizFan said:
tourist said:
I knew someone in high school who was into autoerotic asphyxia. The rush of regaining consciousness afterward was described to me like a drug high.
It’s all fun and games until you don’t regain consciousness.....

I’ll have to take their word on the “high” aspect....
Yep. Had occasion to research autoerotic asphyxia (AA) for one of my books. Estimates over the last decade range from 250 to 1000 death per year from failed AA attempts. I also found several articles from experts who felt (strongly, in a couple cases) that even the higher number was too low. Between mis-diagnoses as suicides and outright cover-ups, they thought the true number might be double the higher value. Not an overly bright thing to try, but no dumber than sniffing glue (which was considered an epidemic "back in the day").

Edit: I'm forever amazed at where some of these threads go. :eek:

funny a rookie receiver who had like 500 yards said he is not going to give up number 11 to Wentz. Let's see how that plays out.

retiredpopo said:
funny a rookie receiver who had like 500 yards said he is not going to give up number 11 to Wentz. Let's see how that plays out.

Money usually settles these issues pretty quickly.

alabamagrizzly said:
retiredpopo said:

Does the receiver want his qb to throw to him?

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:

what is even more inane is Pittman's number in college was #6 and he started the beginning of his rookie year with #86 before switching to 11. I figure Pittman will show up for camp and his locker will be empty and he will have a bus ticket to the Jets.

Maybe give Wentz the #11 jersey until he gets hurt, then give it back to Pittman. Who would have it the majority of the season?

MikeyGriz said:
Maybe give Wentz the #11 jersey until he gets hurt, then give it back to Pittman. Who would have it the majority of the season?

indy has a pretty good line so that improves Wentz's chances of not getting pummeled.. I would say give it to the player that will make your team a better team. Wentz already said he is fine with Pittman having number 11.

It's reassuring that he is OK with not wearing #11. How many Super Bowls has HE been in, won, and named Game MVP? He's no Tom Brady.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

Will the qb not throw to open #11 just cus he didn’t get his way?

No, but a qb may be looking for what he views as his main receivers and not see the lesser receiver.

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Will the qb not throw to open #11 just cus he didn’t get his way?

No, but a qb may be looking for what he views as his main receivers and not see the lesser receiver.

Even if the "main" receiver is covered and the "lesser" receiver is open? Sounds like the qb can't properly go through his progressions or is not a team player.

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Even if the "main" receiver is covered and the "lesser" receiver is open? Sounds like the qb can't properly go through his progressions or is not a team player.

Sounds like you never were a qb and never played football. Do you really not know that qb's have favored receivers?

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

Sounds like you never were a qb and never played football. Do you really not know that qb's have favored receivers?

So if he is the favorite, it doesn't matter if he is covered or not? Why have any other receivers?

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

So if he is the favorite, it doesn't matter if he is covered or not? Why have any other receivers?

Did you ever play qb, and what was the last level you played football at, if you played at all. You are showing that you don't have a clue about the game.

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

Did you ever play qb, and what was the last level you played football at, if you played at all. You are showing that you don't have a clue about the game.

No, I never played the organized game. I also already know that according to you, I don't contribute anything to the forum. Next!

I kind of doubt Wentz would be so obvious as to not hit a wide open Pittman in the end zone. my guess is he wants to win more than ever and will be super motivated after the last couple of years in philly. I could see a few just slightly high passes that Pittman has to reach for down the middle, very catchable passes albeit, but the kind that two you better catch and when you do you take a big shot from the defender. And again none of that might happen for all we know is those two are having breakfast together at a lake cabin somewhere.

...he better hit any open reciever...
...the next position he'll be in...
...duck blind north of fargo...

... :cool: ...

Back