• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will the Griz make the playoffs or miss?

AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
We have to make the playoffs. The administration will look pretty foolish if we go 7-4 and don't get in. No more excuses.

...or if we lose to the Cats.

Good point. I'm hopeful all of this was communicated to the head ball coach before he inked the deal. Expectations are high, patience is low, excuses don't work. Beat MSU and make the playoffs.

behappp said:
Grizzly96 said:
EverettGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

Ha! I was going to answer the same. Sort of like that outstanding analyst Western Illinois had on their broadcast. One of his classics from Saturday: “Well, he either caught it or he didn’t”.

That guy clearly played the game.

The best was when they kept calling a “trick play” when we caught the defense offsides!!

One announcer:
“That must be a trick play because none of the lineman moved except the center.”

Other announcer:
“That is legal to do that and it catches the defense off guard sometimes”

WTF?

Those 2 have the potential to be a great comedy Duo. Sort of a Dumb and Dumber of the sports world :lol:

Calling Dodgeball on ESPN Ocho maybe?

Can we win 6 of the next 8 games? Let’s just play one Saturday at a time a see how things shake out but we need to win at home and win on the road twice.

Go Griz!

nzone said:
Can we win 6 of the next 8 games? Let’s just play one Saturday at a time a see how things shake out but we need to win at home and win on the road twice.

Go Griz!

Agreed. We shall see. Time will tell.

Beating the cats here in November is more important to me than squeaking into playoffs for opportunity to get hammered in next round.

first11 said:
Beating the cats here in November is more important to me than squeaking into playoffs for opportunity to get hammered in next round.

I hold the exact opposite opinion. I'd much rather be a playoff team than beat the Bobcats, but I respect you and your opinion. You're a good fella and people like you.

Not unless our O line improves substantially and fairly quickly - without that improvement, the Griz are a one dimensional team (extremely pass heavy) and much more easily defensible, especially when Sneed only gets a two count before he starts running for his life. No O line improvement=no playoffs.

Well I can't imagine the Griz playing much worse then they have been the last 3 weeks, and we are still 2-1 and one turnover away from 3-0. So I would hope the young team improves quickly and we can get 6 wins in the next 8 games and make the playoffs.

'68griz said:
I'm still looking at 7-4 -- doubt that'll be enough to make the playoffs.

Really, why do you think 7-4 would not be good enough with UM's schedule this year? I think 7-4 makes the playoffs easily. This year's schedule is MUCH better than last year. In 2017, UM's wins included 2 weak non-conference teams and 4 Big Sky teams in the bottom third of the conference. Only NAU was even close to a quality win.

This year, UM's non-conference schedule is WAY better than last year with a win against UNI and a close road loss to WIU. UM's remaining schedule includes UND and UC-Davis which are ranked. Sac St, and MSU are receiving votes, plus road games against Idaho and S. Utah, mean that the Griz can't get to 7-4 without several quality wins. With 24 teams in the playoffs, I think 7-4 record with UM's schedule is in.

I say miss. This O-Line will get better but not in enough time. Will lose to EWU and Weber, possibly Idaho and Sac. They have good teams this year. Defense will try to carry the day but won't have enough in the tank by the end of the year. This team will do well in 2019

putter said:
I say miss. This O-Line will get better but not in enough time. Will lose to EWU and Weber, possibly Idaho and Sac. They have good teams this year. Defense will try to carry the day but won't have enough in the tank by the end of the year. This team will do well in 2019

I’ll take that bet we don’t lose to EWU or Weber.....I don’t think we lose to Idaho or Sac, but for sure won’t lose to EWU or Weber.

We won’t lose another game. Impossible to lose to both Weber and eastern lol. Not sure how that would be possible we have the same odds loosing to both Weber and EWU as we do Alabama and Ohio ST.

Latest posts

Back