• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why

poorgriz said:
MrMischief said:
https://youtu.be/-LLxMaomcvo

36:49 is the start of the play, 4th and 14.

lol, and if you watch this clip exactly at the 37:40 mark and still try to say that receiver had complete control of the ball through hitting the ground..... you're an idiot. :lol:

If you watch that clip and say that you know definitively the receiver didn't have control, then you are an idiot. Without better definition and slow mo, and probably blown up stills, I don't see how anyone could know for sure. I'm good with the call, and certainly don't think it could have been overturned.

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:
lol, and if you watch this clip exactly at the 37:40 mark and still try to say that receiver had complete control of the ball through hitting the ground..... you're an idiot. :lol:

If you watch that clip and say that you know definitively the receiver didn't have control, then you are an idiot. Without better definition and slow mo, and probably blown up stills, I don't see how anyone could know for sure. I'm good with the call, and certainly don't think it could have been overturned.

This. People are freaking out over something, that even after watching the video multiple times, you can't tell whether it was a catch or not. You can also not tell if the ball hit the ground or not. So for people to be adamant about what the call should have been, I call BS.

HelenaHandBasket said:
mthoopsfan said:

This. People are freaking out over something, that even after watching the video multiple times, you can't tell whether it was a catch or not. You can also not tell if the ball hit the ground or not. So for people to be adamant about what the call should have been, I call BS.
I agree, but the Bobs getting mad on eGriz is fantastic.

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I agree, but the Bobs getting mad on eGriz is fantastic.

It was a catch!!!!!

Did I do that right?

Best angle to me is at the 37:25 mark looking straight at the play. He obviously has control as he's going to the ground, but then it gets murky...does the ball move when he hits the turf or was it "moved" by the defender as they're rolling? My opinion...replay inconclusive. Call on the field stands.

As for the game, msu may be one dimensional, but they still beat Eastern in Cheney on that horrific excuse of a field. Maybe EWU is down this year, but that's still not an easy task. Fvck the cats, but that was a good win for them.

Griz2k said:
Best angle to me is at the 37:25 mark looking straight at the play. He obviously has control as he's going to the ground, but then it gets murky...does the ball move when he hits the turf or was it "moved" by the defender as they're rolling? My opinion...replay inconclusive. Call on the field stands.

As for the game, msu may be one dimensional, but they still beat Eastern in Cheney on that horrific excuse of a field. Maybe EWU is down this year, but that's still not an easy task. Fvck the cats, but that was a good win for them.

Get outta here with that nonsense..... the Cats suck! I think EWU has only lost on that field like 13 times or something, and the Cats have I believe three of them. Have the griz ever won on that field?

Griz2k said:

Agreed.

Poor D on both sides.

MSU, with #10, looks like mostly an RPO type of O. QB2 is a little better passer, but can also run. QB1 is a better runner, who can pass a little bit. Looks like both of them are gamers. It also looks like both team's offenses will have to score a lot. Their D isn't going to win them any games.

Of course, this is just the beggining. The Ds might get better.

oldrunner said:
Griz2k said:

Agreed.

Poor D on both sides.

MSU, with #10, looks like mostly an RPO type of O. QB2 is a little better passer, but can also run. QB1 is a better runner, who can pass a little bit. Looks like both of them are gamers. It also looks like both team's offenses will have to score a lot. Their D isn't going to win them any games.

Ya, Cat D will look a lot different in a few more games, i.e. getting both starting safeties back, a DL back, improving scheme, etc.

I haven't watched the entire game, but neither team looks like anything more than an early playoff out with their respective defenses.

poorgriz said:
oldrunner said:
Agreed.

Poor D on both sides.

Ya, Cat D will look a lot different in a few more games, i.e. getting both starting safeties back, a DL back, improving scheme, etc.

Which one is the safety suspended for banned PEDs? I wonder if his play will be as good as when he competed while doping.

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:

Which one is the safety suspended for banned PEDs? I wonder if his play will be as good as when he competed while doping.

I’d think it will be difficult playing safety when he returns at 132 pounds.

poorgriz said:
oldrunner said:
Agreed.

Poor D on both sides.

Can you pls elaborate. Thx

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
oldrunner said:
Agreed.

Poor D on both sides.

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

The Cats are going to start over and put in a brand new D. What they have obviously isn’t working.

Clearly a catch and down by contact. In any case, Cats have done what the Griz have never done…beat EWU on that fugly turf. Credit where credit is due.

Same thing happened for Oregon at Wazzu Saturday, though I might argue that it was slightly easier to discern that the WSU receiver didn’t have full control of the ball when he hit the ground. Certainly not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

I can understand an impassioned “that should be a catch” declaration, but that’s simply not the modern rule. I add that the probable reason for this rule being changed a few years ago is that it’s easier for the ref to call.

mthoopsfan said:
garizzalies said:
The Cats are going to start over and put in a brand new D. What they have obviously isn’t working.
So four games in and they are changing to a new defensive scheme? Do we know any specifics?

Why wouldn’t they change that meat-grinder of an O they run? At this rate, it will churn through all their RBs and QBs, I mean RBs and RBs who throw, before their big date night with ESPN.

If a team wants to run triple option, they should consider moving to the state of Kennesaw where I hear it’s always lovely—not blustery bozo!

garizzalies said:
mthoopsfan said:
So four games in and they are changing to a new defensive scheme? Do we know any specifics?

Why wouldn’t they change that meat-grinder of an O they run? At this rate, it will churn through all their RBs and QBs, I mean RBs and RBs who throw, before their big date night with ESPN.

If a team wants to run triple option, they should consider moving to the state of Kennesaw where I hear it’s always lovely—not blustery bozo!

No, not drastically changing the scheme. I think we'll pretty much always be a 4-2-5 as long as Vigen is HC. I was more referring to, Garza needs to make some adjustments to some schemes... the "keep everything in front of you, and bend but don't break" D in the current scheme is giving up WAY too many big plays, even though it's been against great passing teams. The talent is there with the secondary, and getting the two starting safeties back will help. Need to just find a way to beat a pretty good UCD team, then get a couple easy games while we work on some things and get some players back healthy, before the big showdown against Weber.

Back