• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What is your waaaaay to early TOP 10

bitterrootobserver said:
Griz fans are getting as bad as Cat fans. Really, the Griz beat a DII team and a bottom of FCS team in PSU. The fact of the matter is that the Griz haven't been elite in over a decade. They haven't beat the Cats in 4 or 5 trys. They've beat Eastern once in ten years? And Weber has handled them recently. It's gonna take more that some Bobby bravado to get over the hump. Until it happens I don't see how you can put them in the top 10.

Hence why I have them as 11-13 range.

kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:
The winning QB completed 54% of his passes for 5.6 yards per attempt.
The losing QB completed 50% for 4.8 yards per attempt and a pick.

Neither QB could start at Bozeman and they don't even utilize a QB in their offence.

Humphrey would have torn them both to shreds.
Both starting QBs are excellent when healthy; neither was after the first quarter. The downpour the first half had a lot to do with the depressed stats. That they would not start at Bozeman is preposterous, particularly since both can run. Maybe on Humphrey, remains to be seen. SHSU had one excellent receiver; Montana has several.
I will say akem is a very, very good receiver... Roberts is a good receiver.... With the rest it's pure speculation.... To say Montana has several excellent receivers until they prove it on the field is a stretch.

Cowboys84 said:
kemajic said:
Both starting QBs are excellent when healthy; neither was after the first quarter. The downpour the first half had a lot to do with the depressed stats. That they would not start at Bozeman is preposterous, particularly since both can run. Maybe on Humphrey, remains to be seen. SHSU had one excellent receiver; Montana has several.
I will say akem is a very, very good receiver... Roberts is a good receiver.... With the rest it's pure speculation.... To say Montana has several excellent receivers until they prove it on the field is a stretch.

Sulser is a very good receiver and a very dangerous runner. He was the learding receiver in the spring games. 8 receptions, 145 yards, 18.1 yards per reception. 2 TD's and long of 54.

Cowboys84 said:
kemajic said:

I can understand the confusion from a Bizon faithful. The short version is this: wide receivers are players to whom the QB throws the ball in an effort to advance the ball down the field. It can even happen multiple times per game when the teams aren’t playing dull, uninspired, doped-up football. You guys will likely get them, soon. Probably around the time you get Uber or a TGI Friday’s.

CDAGRIZ said:
Cowboys84 said:

I can understand the confusion from a Bizon faithful. The short version is this: wide receivers are players to whom the QB throws the ball in an effort to advance the ball down the field. It can even happen multiple times per game when the teams aren’t playing dull, uninspired, doped-up football. You guys will likely get them, soon. Probably around the time you get Uber or a TGI Friday’s.

I LOLed. It's true.

To be a Top 10 team, here is my take on what our prospects might be for the coming season. We all know that the QB position is the biggest X-factor to being a great team. In my opinion, we will be as good as our QB situation takes us. As you know, I am not a fan of Cam for several reasons. I love Brown's up-side, but he is a freshman too, so he will obviously take some time to develop. So, the QB position will either make-or-break us.
For the rest of the positions, we are perhaps the strongest, with as much depth (which has been an issue the past few years) as we have been in recent memory. Bobby has done a great job of building depth, which was our trademark during the glory-years. The one other position which has questions to me is the linebacker position. Other than Lewis, we have little starting experience and unknown depth at that position.

PlayerRep said:
Cowboys84 said:

Sulser is a very good receiver and a very dangerous runner. He was the learding receiver in the spring games. 8 receptions, 145 yards, 18.1 yards per reception. 2 TD's and long of 54.

Facts schmacts. Apparently he didn't watch Flowers. Or Simpson. Or White. Or Sulser.

That's right, bizon fan...the ONLY decent receiver we have is Akem. He's the only one you really need to guard...

hunt-ducks said:
To be a Top 10 team, here is my take on what our prospects might be for the coming season. We all know that the QB position is the biggest X-factor to being a great team. In my opinion, we will be as good as our QB situation takes us. As you know, I am not a fan of Cam for several reasons. I love Brown's up-side, but he is a freshman too, so he will obviously take some time to develop. So, the QB position will either make-or-break us.
For the rest of the positions, we are perhaps the strongest, with as much depth (which has been an issue the past few years) as we have been in recent memory. Bobby has done a great job of building depth, which was our trademark during the glory-years. The one other position which has questions to me is the linebacker position. Other than Lewis, we have little starting experience and unknown depth at that position.

Normally I would agree, but this year I actually disagree. With this defense, and with these weapons, and with the improved O-line play, I don't think our QB is the "X-Factor" that the position has been in years past. In years past our QB had to take this team on his back and carry them. I don't think Cam (or Brown, or whomever) is going to have to do that this year. A game "manager" will be just fine, IMHO.

Regarding the LB's, I love O'Connell, and watch out for Braxton Hill. And Matthews. :thumb:

Anyone basing their thoughts that this is going to be a banner season on those two games vs PSU and CWU are asking for disappointment. We'll have a solid team for sure, but we don't have a replacement for Sneed yet. Our depth is better, but we aren't as strong at the skill spots as we were last year with Knight out, Toure gone, Deming gone and Sneed gone. Our OL is better, but just how much better wasn't revealed in the PSU/CWU games.

Our run D was exposed by MSU and teams that watched that game will exploit it until it's fixed.

getgrizzy said:
Anyone basing their thoughts that this is going to be a banner season on those two games vs PSU and CWU are asking for disappointment. We'll have a solid team for sure, but we don't have a replacement for Sneed yet. Our depth is better, but we aren't as strong at the skill spots as we were last year with Knight out, Toure gone, Deming gone and Sneed gone. Our OL is better, but just how much better wasn't revealed in the PSU/CWU games.

Our run D was exposed by MSU and teams that watched that game will exploit it until it's fixed.

Do you think you'll ever drop the "we" charade? I'm almost certain that I could convince you I'm an albino velociraptor before you could convince me you're a Griz fan. Say something bad about the Bubbies and good about the Griz. [spoil]You won't.[/spoil]

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Facts schmacts. Apparently he didn't watch Flowers. Or Simpson. Or White. Or Sulser.

That's right, bizon fan...the ONLY decent receiver we have is Akem. He's the only one you really need to guard...

Azgrizfan... I was responding to the post by kemajic that Montana has several excellent receivers.. other than akem and Roberts who are both quality big sky players, there is sulser who.has shown a great deal of potential when he is on the field...
Flowers, Simpson or white is all speculation on what they might turn out to be.

getgrizzy said:

I'm not concerned at all about our skill positions. We are deep with quality at both RB and WR. Deming was good at TE, but we have 2-3 kids at that position who are just as good. I am still in the camp that believes we will be as good as our QB position. Yes, we should be able to run the ball more effectively. But we also have witnessed how the Bobcats, who were a powerhouse running team, could not win against great defensive teams because they could not pass the ball. Cam can look great on many passes, and certainly better than the parade of Bobcat QBs going through Bozeman the past few years. My concern about Cam is his inaccuracy, decision-making on throws, and propensity to throw interceptions. Yes, being a "game manager" can work for a team with a great defense, and an offense who can sustain drives. But a "game manager" also must be great at avoiding turnovers, and making great post-snap decisions. Not sure Cam is that guy.

getgrizzy said:

With regards to the areas you’ve addressed, our replacement for Sneed is Cam Humphrey. Bobby
Has said that he has the upmost confidence in Humphrey and I think he’ll end up doing a nice job. Toure was a good receiver but Akem is better. The reason everyone thought Toure was better was because he had to carry the load when Akem went down last year. Knight has been rumored to be able to make a return in October, if that’s the case then Ostmo, Harris and Childs just have to get us through September and they are more then capable of doing that. Losing Deming is a gut punch but Elwell and Grossman are established young guys who will likely end up having a big year.

Cowboys84 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Azgrizfan... I was responding to the post by kemajic that Montana has several excellent receivers.. other than akem and Roberts who are both quality big sky players, there is sulser who.has shown a great deal of potential when he is on the field...
Flowers, Simpson or white is all speculation on what they might turn out to be.

So, other than UM's several excellent receivers, UM may or may not have additional excellent receivers? That's quite the take quake. Kinda reminds me of when you started the clown car act show by trying to make jokes about suicides in the native community.

Griz should START the season ranked around 10th. I do think they have a good chance at moving up in the rankings. By the beginning of November (without serious injury) I think they could be around 5th-3rd. This spring was nice, but I don't know if I'm convinced they are a top 5 team to start the season.

CDAGRIZ said:
Do you think you'll ever drop the "we" charade? I'm almost certain that I could convince you I'm an albino velociraptor before you could convince me you're a Griz fan. Say something bad about the Bubbies and good about the Griz. [spoil]You won't.[/spoil]

You're an albino velociraptor??? Oof!
:shock:

Back