• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WGS Tunes

There is just that 'somethin' about coming back into Montana(N,S,E, or W)that brings out the 'Montana juices' in me. I always got jacked when I'd see the highway sign, 'Welcome to Montana.' Usually accompanied by my 'arm and fist pump.' Ooh, yeah! Always had that satisfied, comforting feeling of 'I'm HOME!'

Borrowing from 'Boomer Sooner,'

'I'm Montana born and Montana bred, and when I die I'll be Montana dead.'✊

"The Zoo" by the Scorpions. Seems an obvious one. Great guitar riff for the crowd.

"I meet my girl, she's dressed to kill
And all we gonna do
Is walk around to catch the thrill
On streets we call the zoo

We eat the night, we drink the time
Make our dreams come true
And hungry eyes are passing by
On streets we call the zoo

Enjoy the zoo
And walk down to Front or Main Street
You wanna be excited too
And you will feel the heat

We eat the night, we drink the time
Make our dreams come true
And hungry eyes are passing by
On streets we call the zoo"

Last edited:
These comments are priceless, and generational. Our shared times at UM/Missoula bring up memories in all of us, some more entertaining than others.🤣

John Steinbeck's quote about Montana pretty much sums it up for me:
"I'm in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But for Montana, it is love. And it is difficult to analyze love when you are in it."😍

I ran across lots of quotes about Montana. Two stood out:

Norman MacLean('A River Runs Through It),
"The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana."😱

Not to leave little bro out,
"The greatest thing about Bozeman is how it used to be."🤠
--Anon

If I'm lucky enough to be in the stands for a Griz game, I'm lucky enough. If they play the good old corny favorites like Thank God I'm a Country Boy and Cotton eyed Joe then I'm perfectly happy. I really don't care about the rest of the music. I realize that I'm probably an anomaly.

Shout - Otis Day & the Knights
Song 2 - Blur
Rock n Roll pt 2 - Gary Glitter
Sandstorm - Darude
Love Drunk - Boys Like Girls
Stacy’s Mom - Fountains of Wayne
Sicko Mode - Travis Scott
We Will Rock You - Queen
Mountain Time - Ian Munsick
American Bad Ass - Kid Rock
Enter Sandman - Metallica
I need to add a lot of these. Are all of them played in the stadium? I'm finalizing a playlist, and I don't know that all of these do, but I also drink too much.

If I'm lucky enough to be in the stands for a Griz game, I'm lucky enough. If they play the good old corny favorites like Thank God I'm a Country Boy and Cotton eyed Joe then I'm perfectly happy. I really don't care about the rest of the music. I realize that I'm probably an anomaly.
WE are an anomaly.

I think it's time to retire some of these stadium gems. I hear Guns and Roses is planning a 40th anniversary tour in 2025. 40th!
They weren't jamming Goodnight Irene at the stadium when I was in school. In fact the music played while the teams warmed up was what the players listened to.
Time to move on.

This has been my kid's walkup song for almost two years now because she likes Edwin Diaz. I think it could fit during the media timeout between before the start of the fourth quarter or something. Could get the students going when the beat drops at 1:15. Just a thought.

This has been my kid's walkup song for almost two years now because she likes Edwin Diaz. I think it could fit during the media timeout between before the start of the fourth quarter or something. Could get the students going when the beat drops at 1:15. Just a thought.

They're already playing that song in the stadium. I've heard it on the TV broadcasts. Had no idea what it was or who did it of course because I'm old. Haha.

I had no idea who Edwin Diaz is. Timmy Trumpet was awesome. WOW! 'Edwin Diaz's top entrances 2022' on You Tube.

I had no idea who Edwin Diaz is. Timmy Trumpet was awesome. WOW! 'Edwin Diaz's top entrances 2022' on You Tube.
It’s a pretty electric entrance. The thing that kinda sucks is he had the same music when he played for Seattle, but it only became a “thing” when he went to the Mets. As an aside, if anyone has the chance to go to Citi Field, you won’t regret it. It’s my second favorite ballpark I’ve attended behind Petco.

It’s a pretty electric entrance. The thing that kinda sucks is he had the same music when he played for Seattle, but it only became a “thing” when he went to the Mets. As an aside, if anyone has the chance to go to Citi Field, you won’t regret it. It’s my second favorite ballpark I’ve attended behind Petco.
I’d love to. Been a life long Mets fan since ‘86 when I was nine and first started paying attention to MLB. It’s been a long hard road since then.

Back