• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WGS Tunes

3-7-77

I was just surfin' some favorite tunes when I thought it might be a good idea to post those tunes played in Griz games in WGS, here in one convenient place for us Griz who only get to the TV or radio broadcast, and get the 'blah, blah, blah' of the play-by-play guys.

Start with the 'National Anthem', 'The State Song', 'Up With Montana', 'Free Fallin', 'Thank God I'm A Country Boy', 'Cotton Eyed Joe', and of course 'If You're Gonna Play In Texas You Gotta Have A Fiddle In The Band.'

My computer skills are non-existent, and I haven't been to a game in about 15 years, so other tunes may rate inslusion to the list.

Anyone interested, please go for it.šŸ‘

I know itā€™s not played but ā€œIn Without Knockingā€ by Mission Mountain Wood Band should be a staple although itā€™s not a real git em up song.

šŸŽµIā€™ll go in without knockinā€™ to the first saloon I see in this town

Ive been in the saddle 30 days ohhh Montana bound

Ainā€™t no time to be polite, I may be spoilinā€™ for a fight

Iā€™ll be buyin beer and throwin whiskey down

Iā€™ll come in without knockinā€™ and stay til the last dollars downšŸŽµ

I play this every time I cross the state border whenever I come homešŸ˜Š.

I know itā€™s not played but ā€œIn Without Knockingā€ by Mission Mountain Wood Band should be a staple although itā€™s not a real git em up song.

There is a giant CMR print at Tech
So damn cool
russell026.jpg

Shout - Otis Day & the Knights
Song 2 - Blur
Rock n Roll pt 2 - Gary Glitter
Sandstorm - Darude
Love Drunk - Boys Like Girls
Stacyā€™s Mom - Fountains of Wayne
Sicko Mode - Travis Scott
We Will Rock You - Queen
Mountain Time - Ian Munsick
American Bad Ass - Kid Rock
Enter Sandman - Metallica

My favorite was late in the 3rd quarter of one particular Griz beat down. It was a one time rendition of Mony Mony. Never ever play it again except in similar conditions.
So, let me know if anyone else remembers this. When I was a student in the early 2000s, we played that song most games, only during the part where the Bobs now do their chant, the students would say ā€œHey hey, whattaya say, letā€™s get fu*ked up.ā€

With the recent Mony Mony Bobcat stuff, I just figured it was another thing on a long list that the Copycats copied.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

So, let me know if anyone else remembers this. When I was a student in the early 2000s, we played that song most games, only during the part where the Bobs now do their chant, the students would say ā€œHey hey, whattaya say, letā€™s get fu*ked up.ā€

With the recent Mony Mony Bobcat stuff, I just figured it was another thing on a long list that the Copycats copied.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
When I was in grade school waaaay back in the late 80ā€™s early 90ā€™s it was ā€œOne Two Three get laid get fuqdā€

Just to hitchhike onto this topic for creating game day experience my suggestion is not related to music. In baseball when thereā€™s a strike out the crowd turns over an ā€œXā€. The same could be done from the North end zone for false starts. I think the crowd would really get into it. Especially if it was made a production emphasis.

Just to hitchhike onto this topic for creating game day experience my suggestion is not related to music. In baseball when thereā€™s a strike out the crowd turns over an ā€œXā€. The same could be done from the North end zone for false starts. I think the crowd would really get into it. Especially if it was made a production emphasis.
Fans on the front row of the NEZ should hav implied this themselves years ago.

I love this song and would love if WA Griz would play it.

I'm moving back to Montana next week from Minnesota and I will be stealing your idea of playing this song as soon as I cross the border. Montana bound!

Back