• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Welcome Lisa Kiefer

Here's a link to the watch Ms. Kiefer at the FIBA U20 Tournament. Germany's games start on Tuesday 7/13 and they play 5 games against "Group A" over 6 days:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCWMLIhjA2fVe-BhwnG52XHUfhfFQx_E7

The starting times on youtub show in your local time (e.g., game 1 against Croatia [played in Sofia Bulgaria] starts at 17:00 hrs [+3 GMT], but shows for me as 7 AM Pacific [-7 GMT] time for the link).

I'm pretty sure I can still watch the games at the same link after the live broadcast has ended -- I'm not getting up at 4am for 3 of the games!

GrizBaba said:
Here's a link to the watch Ms. Kiefer at the FIBA U20 Tournament. Germany's games start on Tuesday 7/13 and they play 5 games against "Group A" over 6 days:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCWMLIhjA2fVe-BhwnG52XHUfhfFQx_E7

The starting times on youtub show in your local time (e.g., game 1 against Croatia [played in Sofia Bulgaria] starts at 17:00 hrs [+3 GMT], but shows for me as 7 AM Pacific [-7 GMT] time for the link).

I'm pretty sure I can still watch the games at the same link after the live broadcast has ended -- I'm not getting up at 4am for 3 of the games!

Thanks for the link. And yeah, the game was available to rewatch right after the live stream finished.

As for Kiefer, she's wearing #10 on the dark (red) team with the 2 knee braces/sleeves. She didn't play a whole lot (6 mins) as she seemed to rotate in for what seemed like Germany's best player (#11 who is at UCLA and is 6'4"). She did seem to move well for someone 6'2" and I liked that she didn't sag off so much on perimeter defense. According to the stats she had 2 defensive rebounds and 2 turnovers.

https://www.fiba.basketball/europe/challengers/u20women/2021/player/Lisa-Kiefer

I watched (some) and saw her play briefly. Yes, she does move very well for someone at 6' 2" (187 cm) - she has a lot of energy! Hope we get to see her play more in these games to see some offense too.

I've gotta watch again - darn work is too distracting!

GrizBaba said:
I watched (some) and saw her play briefly. Yes, she does move very well for someone at 6' 2" (187 cm) - she has a lot of energy! Hope we get to see her play more in these games to see some offense too.

I've gotta watch again - darn work is too distracting!

I know! Don't you just hate it when work gets in the way of what's important!

I watched most of the 2nd game (Germany's loss to Latvia) and was disappointed in much of Germany's frontcourt play - specifically what seemed to be making about 10% of their layups. I have no "real" percentage, but they missed layup after layup when I was watching.

Germany's #11, who plays for UCLA, and #12 couldn't buy a layup. They were just throwing up crap shots. Perhaps they were intimidated by Latvia's #10 (whom I initially thought was Ms. Kiefer :^). She was head and shoulders the best player on the floor - in my opinion.

With the rigid "structure" of German sports, I don't think we'll be seeing much of Lisa play in this tournament. The little we do see of her, I like.

Back