• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber vs JMU: All the others have been appetizers…

codycleve said:
Weber needs a QB, and to clean up open field tackling. Missed tackles have extended drives for JMU. That is the thing that has stood out most about our D this year. No missed open field tackles that I ca recall, which is amazing.

Do we know how long the starting QB is to be out? What's the injury?

The fumble on the 5 really changed this game 10-14 point swing right there. Getting gashed in the run big time now.

I have to laugh when a team is down 17 points and they’re holding up 4 fingers for the 4th quarter like “we own this shit”….uh…..how about the OTHER three quarters?

Announcer just said JMU is averaging 18 yards per run in the second half.. getting gashed is an under statement.

Proud Griz Man said:
what are the observations? it is JMU 27 - Bbq state 10 with 3 mins left in 3rd. :shock:

Weber has 184 yards of offense in 3 quarters. 33 rushing attempts for 83 yards. And two turnovers (one a 95 yard fumble recovery for a TD)….it hasn’t been a good day for them.

Proud Griz Man said:
what are the observations? it is JMU 27 - Bbq state 10 with 3 mins left in 3rd. :shock:

The observations are that Weber has a pretty good defense, though I’d take ours every day and twice on sundays, they have a decent run game, but no passing attack. Both UM and MSU have better offenses than Weber. If I had to guess I’d say that as things stand in the conference right now, UM is #1, MSU 2, Davis 3, and Weber 4. Maybe weber improves once their starting QB gets back

not seeing it here - is it just power JMU running game or other ?

& coach hauck has often talked about JMU weight room training advantages.

codycleve said:
Announcer just said JMU is averaging 18 yards per run in the second half.. getting gashed is an under statement.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Proud Griz Man said:

The observations are that Weber has a pretty good defense, though I’d take ours every day and twice on sundays, they have a decent run game, but no passing attack. Both UM and MSU have better offenses than Weber. If I had to guess I’d say that as things stand in the conference right now, UM is #1, MSU 2, Davis 3, and Weber 4. Maybe weber improves once their starting QB gets back

I’d probably put EWU above Weebs at this point.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Yeah, probably. Their offense is lightly ears better for sure.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Might agree, and respect your opinion. But happy to say that EWU doesn't have a strong defense given their performance at WIU today, so imagine that they will hope to catch UM on a bad day.

Proud Griz Man said:
AZGrizFan said:

Might agree, and respect your opinion. But happy to say that EWU doesn't have a strong defense given their performance at WIU today, so imagine that they will hope to catch UM on a bad day.

Well I just started a thread on BSC takeaways this weekend, and one is that it’s probably a 3-team race for playoff bids…I don’t think EWU or Weebs is in at this point unless something dramatic changes.

Back