• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Was McDowell a Top 25 FCS QB Last Year?

Cliff actually ran for 13 of 36 net of sacks. Great numbers? No, but you're being a little disingenuous by continuing to say he rushed for 2. Good players sometimes struggle against great defenses. I mean, if the bub QBs are better as you suggest, why didn't they put up big numbers against the GRIZ?

Oh yeah. Defense.
Officially, 2 yards. Look at the stats.

Really? Bergen probably would have bolted...he'd have never seen the ball. That scheme is NOT sustainable...
UM would run its own scheme with Mellott. Not the Cat scheme. I believe Mellott’s completion percentage was slightly better than McDowell’s.

UM would run its own scheme with Mellott. Not the Cat scheme. I believe Mellott’s completion percentage was slightly better than McDowell’s.
How'd each do in the Griz/Cat game? I believe he (Mellott) didn't complete a single pass in the first half, if I remember correctly.

How'd each do in the Griz/Cat game? I believe he (Mellott) didn't complete a single pass in the first half, if I remember correctly.
UM shut down Mellott passing. UM had great D, and T Hauck had worked on D scheme against Cats for a year.

How did the 2 qb’s do in all-conference honors? Who’s faster? Who averaged over 8 yards per carry? Who didn’t go to Portal?

If you think McDowell was better qb than Mellott, have at it.

UM shut down Mellott passing. UM had great D, and T Hauck had worked on D scheme against Cats for a year.

How did the 2 qb’s do in all-conference honors? Who’s faster? Who averaged over 8 yards per carry? Who didn’t go to Portal?

If you think McDowell was better qb than Mellott, have at it.
So what you're saying is that all conference QB's can be shut down by great defenses...got it.

Back