• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vote Dante Olson for Defensive POY

No "Bobcats Suck"? Dumb poll. I do see Ben Dover and Jack Mehoff are killing the write-in vote. What a legit operation.

LivingstonNative said:
kemajic said:
LivingstonNative said:
Clicked on the link and couldn’t find any place to vote! Insight please.
Did you scroll down to voting list?

At the bottom is advertisements and a vote for the Trump wall. LOL
I'm still voting for Dante and Dalton; can't understand what you're getting. I would vote for the wall if I saw it.

CDAGRIZ said:
I'm sorry, but is a player of the year award actually decided by an online poll? If so, is that really an award? I have to be missing something.

This is just a "fan favorite" vote. The actual player of the year award is not based off of this.

Are those tackle totals correct on that poll? I thought Dante led the FCS in tackles but not according to the poll. Maybe I'm wrong?

Griz2k said:
Are those tackle totals correct on that poll? I thought Dante led the FCS in tackles but not according to the poll. Maybe I'm wrong?

Considering this poll already forgot to put Dante on it for the first couple days, then spelled his name wrong initially, I wouldn't be surprised if they had his stats screwed up as well :roll:

Griz2k said:

SEMO got to play 1 game more than the Griz. You are correct Dante led at the end of the season but The SEMO guy was not too far behind and despite them losing badly had a pretty good game against Weber

RayWill said:
Griz2k said:

SEMO got to play 1 game more than the Griz. You are correct Dante led at the end of the season but The SEMO guy was not too far behind and despite them losing badly had a pretty good game against Weber

I could be wrong, but I don't think that playoff statistics are counted towards overall statistics for the year.

get'em_griz said:
RayWill said:
Griz2k said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think that playoff statistics are counted towards overall statistics for the year.

According to the NCAA stats page, Dante still led the nation in total tackles, as it's based on tackles/game.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/individual/34

get'em_griz said:
RayWill said:
Griz2k said:

In terms of NCAA records, playoff stats are counted. This started in about 2002. I recall that Chris Snyder didn't get credit for his first 2 years of playoffs. I think he would still be the all-time FCS scoring leader had he had those 2 years of playoffs, but I could be wrong.

PlayerRep said:
get'em_griz said:
RayWill said:
Griz2k said:

In terms of NCAA records, playoff stats are counted. This started in about 2002. I recall that Chris Snyder didn't get credit for his first 2 years of playoffs. I think he would still be the all-time FCS scoring leader had he had those 2 years of playoffs, but I could be wrong.

Correct. I remember reading Dickenson’s numbers would be off the charts if he got credit for his playoff stats.

And yes Dante led regular season in total tackles....probably in avg tackles per game too as he had like a 13.8 avg

Back