• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Utah Tech Fight Song

CDAGRIZ said:
Is that the actual fight song that the band plays at games?

Yes.

They played the video of the song at halftime and I thought it was just some dumb hype-up video.

Then when UTT finally scored the band played it. It's so bad.

Also UTT's main sponsor is an MLM, which was something new I've not seen as a cornerstone sponser.

BWahlberg said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yes.

They played the video of the song at halftime and I thought it was just some dumb hype-up video.

Also UTT's main sponsor is an MLM, which was something new I've not seen as a cornerstone sponser.

Sheesh. I guess blazin' trails truly is all they know. Always be blazin'.

CDAGRIZ said:
BWahlberg said:
Yes.

Very sad history of that area with settlers from Arkansas/ Missouri getting killed by Mormon militia. All men, women and children wiped out.

CDAGRIZ said:
BWahlberg said:
Yes.

Bladin' > Blazin'

Oh, my god! And the 'promos' they ran during the game were of the same ilk: the bison blazed the first trails, then the sturdy pioneers followed those trails, and today's Utah Tech students are following those same trails .... and on and on. I was kind of mesmerized, trying to believe what I was watching.

This must be part of the rebranding from Dixie State to Utah tech but what third rate marketing firm thought that was a good idea, and who signed off on it? Really atrocious.

BWahlberg said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yes.

You talking about the Mormon church?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Brint how does a band even play this song?

Did they sing it as well?

Haha - they just played the beat part of it and the horns did the portions of the vocals.

I've now had this dumb song stuck in my head for 2 days.

Swear this was the type of public domain music that you'd find on video editing programs in the early 2000's like Roxio Creator. Would have been titled like hype music or up tempo sports instrumental.

'68griz said:
Oh, my god! And the 'promos' they ran during the game were of the same ilk: the bison blazed the first trails, then the sturdy pioneers followed those trails, and today's Utah Tech students are following those same trails .... and on and on. I was kind of mesmerized, trying to believe what I was watching.

"If you tell a big lie, and repeat it often, people will eventually come me to believe it."
-- Josef Goebbels

Back