• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Updated Weber State Scouting Report

pussycatkillerz said:
k4ZVUxE.jpg

X 10,000

Half or more of the excitement for this game is the answer to which Griz team shows up on Friday? The Good One that just poured SLU into a meat grinder, or the Bad One that played in Bozeman a couple of weeks ago.
If it's the good one, we will know early on. If it's the bad one, we won't know until midway through the third quarter.

Another factor I haven’t seen mentioned, Who benefits from the game being on Friday the 13th?

of your 5,922 posts here at eGriz, that might have been your most valuable input.

wbtfg said:
Another factor I haven’t seen mentioned, Who benefits from the game being on Friday the 13th?

I watched the Weber/Kennesaw game and then re-watched our game with Weber. I noticed a couple of things:

* For as much as the Weber fans say that their long-snapper/punter won't gift us points again, I think it's still a weak point. Against KSU, Weber had a turnover on downs due to a bad snap where the punter had to go down on one knee to secure the ball. I could see something similar happening again. Unlike KSU, the Griz will more than likely take advantage of those short fields and score points on Weber mistakes.

* Constantine can be turnover prone, especially when pressured. He threw three INTs against us and threw one INT to KSU (but had two more almost picks in that game). I can see us getting some picks, especially the way our DL gets their hands up and tips the ball at times. As noted in the GFP, the Griz seem to be getting better in the turnover category while Weber seems to be getting worse.

* Against KSU, Weber only scored 19 points with their offense, getting 6 (plus the XP) on a scoop and score. 20-26 points is not going to be enough to beat the Griz.

This game will probably be closer than the first one but I like our chances.

Da Boyz Mom said:
I watched the Weber/Kennesaw game and then re-watched our game with Weber. I noticed a couple of things:

* For as much as the Weber fans say that their long-snapper/punter won't gift us points again, I think it's still a weak point. Against KSU, Weber had a turnover on downs due to a bad snap where the punter had to go down on one knee to secure the ball. I could see something similar happening again. Unlike KSU, the Griz will more than likely take advantage of those short fields and score points on Weber mistakes.

* Constantine can be turnover prone, especially when pressured. He threw three INTs against us and threw one INT to KSU (but had two more almost picks in that game). I can see us getting some picks, especially the way our DL gets their hands up and tips the ball at times. As noted in the GFP, the Griz seem to be getting better in the turnover category while Weber seems to be getting worse.

* Against KSU, Weber only scored 19 points with their offense, getting 6 (plus the XP) on a scoop and score. 20-26 points is not going to be enough to beat the Griz.

👍🏻

Da Boyz Mom said:

Good job mom. :thumb:

Back