• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs Wofford Gameday Thread

Skookum-Jim said:
Congrats to Wofford College. They are much better than I thought. Although ,I don't think they are going any farther.
maybe, maybe not. But Wofford will be playing next week!

"They won't get much further"??? they ran ALL OVER our supposedly staunch defense, especially when it mattered most. How about some credit. We got beat by a team that played better. Better than a team we thought deserved all this credit.

Congrats to wofford!!! Nice running game!! tough to defend!! Hope goes well with you in the future!! Good job to our boys!!!

dungeonjoe said:
Skookum-Jim said:
Congrats to Wofford College. They are much better than I thought. Although ,I don't think they are going any farther.

No disrespect man. You guys are very good and definitly tough to beat. Good luck next week.

I'm not saying Bobby wouldn't be a good coach somewhere but it is time for him to move on. With the facilities we have & the players that want to come here we should have much better showing's than 1st & second round exits every year. I wish Bobby luck but I hope he moves on down the road & lets the Griz program pick up where it left off with Joe Glenn.

2006 semifinal 19-17 loss to Umass at home
2005 1st round 35-21 loss to Cal Poly at home
2004 Championship game 31-21 loss to JMU
2003 1st round loss 43-40 to W Ill at home
2002 2nd round loss 24-20 to McNeese St at home

Skookum-Jim said:
dungeonjoe said:
Skookum-Jim said:

No disrespect man. You guys are very good and definitly tough to beat. Good luck next week.
Thanks, you folks play great ball. Period. We were able to keep it close and the breaks came our way with some great ball.

Greenacres Griz said:
I'm not saying Bobby wouldn't be a good coach somewhere but it is time for him to move on. With the facilities we have & the players that want to come here we should have much better showing's than 1st & second round exits every year. I wish Bobby luck but I hope he moves on down the road & lets the Griz program pick up where it left off with Joe Glenn.

2006 semifinal 19-17 loss to Umass at home
2005 1st round 35-21 loss to Cal Poly at home
2004 Championship game 31-21 loss to JMU
2003 1st round loss 43-40 to W Ill at home
2002 2nd round loss 24-20 to McNeese St at home

Uhhh... Glenn was coach when the Griz lost AT McNeese in '02.

But you're right. This reminds me of Dennehy's last year in Missoula when the Griz made three straight first round exits. I don't believe the Griz will ever win a national title under Hauck. But as long as the Griz keep beating up on creampuff schedule and dominating a punchless conference, the powers that be will continue to nod their heads with approval over Bobbyball, no matter how ugly it is.

AtHomeInTheDahlbergDen said:
"They won't get much further"??? they ran ALL OVER our supposedly staunch defense, especially when it mattered most. How about some credit. We got beat by a team that played better. Better than a team we thought deserved all this credit.

they scored 14 under thier average!!! Our defense was much better then anybody they played this year...bobbie ball was the difference... plain and simple.

The Griz coaches are still trying to figure out how to stop the Wofford offense. They could not figure it out all day, and it came down to them not getting a stop at the end like they have done all year. I am not letting the offense off the hook either, as they left way to many points on the field. The Griz O and D played poorly.

stubbins said:

they scored 14 under thier average!!! Our defense was much better then anybody they played this year...bobbie ball was the difference... plain and simple.
alright, go to our D and try telling them "Nice job, you held them 14 points under their average!!" and see what their reaction is. i have class w/ joyce monday morning and I'm sure he'd disagree if i told him they played great D on saturday.

I thought the D played fine (it's surely not their fault that they got three turnovers, and the O gave them nothing to show for them!) -- but, unfortunately, the O that showed up today was the same one that has played for the Griz all season long, inconsistent as hell. I think that's what you get when you try to shove players into some preconceived system, rather than make the system fit the players you have. Just my :twocents: -- and I've thought it since Phenecie arrived as UM's OC.

stubbins said:

alright, go to our D and try telling them "Nice job, you held them 14 points under their average!!" and see what their reaction is. i have class w/ joyce monday morning and I'm sure he'd disagree if i told him they played great D on saturday.

14 under thier average and 3 turnovers is not good defense?

WOF UM
FIRST DOWNS................... 22 18
RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 60-333 38-114
PASSING YDS (NET)............. 53 211
Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 7-4-2 30-18-0
TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 67-386 68-325
Fumble Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 0-0
Punt Returns-Yards............ 0-0 0-0
Kickoff Returns-Yards......... 6-106 5-123
Interception Returns-Yards.... 0-0 2-16
Punts (Number-Avg)............ 1-39.0 3-43.7
Fumbles-Lost.................. 1-1 0-0
Penalties-Yards............... 3-15 4-40
Possession Time............... 32:32 27:28
Third-Down Conversions........ 8 of 13 8 of 16
Fourth-Down Conversions....... 2 of 3 1 of 2
Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 4-4 5-5
Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 4-32 0-0

Just got these stats.

am i the only one who thinks that, in terms of pure physical ability, wofford was the worst fcs team the griz faced this season? that the griz got beat by a gimmicky offense? that wofford will get their clocks cleaned in the next round? and finally... that the griz came out unprepared when it counted the most: after turnovers, and after the td to put them up by five - they should've had PLANS ready to capitalize on such situations, or at least make a decent play, as opposed to totally screwing up the two point conversion, or coming in after the turnovers with pretty much NO CLUE as to how to gain a couple of yards on a really mediocre wofford defense.

wait, did i say 'mediocre'??? crappy is more like it.

sorry, but wofford has the talent of a mid-level DII school. they are small and slow. too bad the griz coaches couldn't have come up with schemes to deal with that.

argh! said:
am i the only one who thinks that, in terms of pure physical ability, wofford was the worst fcs team the griz faced this season? that the griz got beat by a gimmicky offense? that wofford will get their clocks cleaned in the next round? and finally... that the griz came out unprepared when it counted the most: after turnovers, and after the td to put them up by five - they should've had PLANS ready to capitalize on such situations, or at least make a decent play, as opposed to totally screwing up the two point conversion, or coming in after the turnovers with pretty much NO CLUE as to how to gain a couple of yards on a really mediocre wofford defense.

wait, did i say 'mediocre'??? crappy is more like it.

sorry, but wofford has the talent of a mid-level DII school. they are small and slow. too bad the griz coaches couldn't have come up with schemes to deal with that.
If Wofford is crappy, what does that make you?

argh! said:
am i the only one who thinks that, in terms of pure physical ability, wofford was the worst fcs team the griz faced this season? that the griz got beat by a gimmicky offense? that wofford will get their clocks cleaned in the next round?

It would be interesting to identify the precise moment in time where Griz fans decided the Griz were the Harlem Globetrotters and the rest of the teams in the subdivision were those clueless white guys who always got their ass kicked.

Wofford is a very good team. You don't win the SoCon and beat the two time defending national champions and come to Missoula and beat us with mid level D II talent. I think you are doing a disservice to Wofford and to our team by saying those things.

I noticed a couple of things today. Our corners were not as physical as they were last year and they were unable to consistently get outside leverage. This made it very hard for our pursuit. The option takes Biermann out of the game.

Woffords skill players were fast and I thought Utterback was the only backer with the speed to get close to them.

Back