• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM is 5th best average ranked FCS team in past 3 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
poorgriz said:
Oh, and do you honestly think the griz will have any chance of slowing down the Cat offense next fall? With the likes of Mellott, Chambers, Sumner, Coon, Snell, Johnson, Pickering, White..... the list goes on, behind that dominant O Line? Good luck with that.

No. The Griz will need to outscore the cats...and produce a couple of key turnovers...which they will at home.

SoldierGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Oh, and do you honestly think the griz will have any chance of slowing down the Cat offense next fall? With the likes of Mellott, Chambers, Sumner, Coon, Snell, Johnson, Pickering, White..... the list goes on, behind that dominant O Line? Good luck with that.

No. The Griz will need to outscore the cats...and produce a couple of key turnovers...which they will at home.

SDSU showed it can be done.

It can be done.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

It can be done.

Yep...gonna need All American caliber O-linemen and QB to get er done.

Hopeful.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

It can be done.

Yep...gonna need All American caliber O-linemen and QB to get er done.

Hopeful.

You're not wrong.

There is one truth in football, that no team can escape. Your offense goes as your offensive line is. That is the reality.

I feel great about our line and our offense around that line, more than I have in years. Our offense is about to surprise some people, for just that reason.

poorgriz said:
Yes. We figured it out in 2021, can do it again.

kemajic said:
poorgriz said:

The Cat offense that played in Missoula in 2021 was not in the same hemisphere whatsoever, compared to what is there today. Also, UM is not SDSU.

poorgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Thx, 1122.

It is undeniable that the Griz are already a top program under Hauck. It is undeniable that the Big Sky is a top conference. It is undeniable that Hauck is the right coach for the Griz.

It is undeniable that posters who refuse to use the facts, post mainly based on their Narratives, are biased, are lazy and don't do their homework, etc., are full of it and are frequently wrong. And they complain about way too much about things, on which they are wrong.

You say that because he's "your guy" and because you pushed for (and possibly paid for) getting him back on the promise of RTD... so now you're all in with Bobby, damn the results. He hasn't proven jack this 2nd go round, in terms of RTD. Return To Dominance is what that stands for. the griz have not dominated the conference at all, haven't dominated the Cats whatsoever, and of course have not dominated on the national scale, not even close. The griz have dominated crappy teams, and that's it. Somehow I don't think that's what you all had in mind with RTD. So the question becomes, when is the RTD happening? 2023? 2024? 2030?

Coach Sixx and his staff have dominated the police blotter.

I prefer where we are, a ridiculously successful program who does it the right way, has a value system, holds people accountable, and doesn’t put lives of innocent people at risk every time someone reaches for their keys.

Just my opinion, though.

poorgriz said:
kemajic said:

The Cat offense that played in Missoula in 2021 was not in the same hemisphere whatsoever, compared to what is there today. Also, UM is not SDSU.
If you guys play on the road this year like you did last year (almost as awful on the road as a bobcat coach on a Saturday night after a game), you will absolutely lose in Missoula, and might not even get a seed. I'd be more worried about that than what we're doing over here, if I were you.

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:
You say that because he's "your guy" and because you pushed for (and possibly paid for) getting him back on the promise of RTD... so now you're all in with Bobby, damn the results. He hasn't proven jack this 2nd go round, in terms of RTD. Return To Dominance is what that stands for. the griz have not dominated the conference at all, haven't dominated the Cats whatsoever, and of course have not dominated on the national scale, not even close. The griz have dominated crappy teams, and that's it. Somehow I don't think that's what you all had in mind with RTD. So the question becomes, when is the RTD happening? 2023? 2024? 2030?

Coach Sixx and his staff have dominated the police blotter.

I prefer where we are, a ridiculously successful program who does it the right way, has a value system, holds people accountable, and doesn’t put lives of innocent people at risk every time someone reaches for their keys.

Just my opinion, though.

Bozeman State is a trashy program run by trashy coaches who literally only care about winning. They are hiding behind their policy in not shitcanning these clowns. “We’re not win at all costs, it’s just literally our actual policy to take no action until a verdict.” Can you imagine? They‘ve set a precedent. Hypothetically: Multimillion dollar fraud? Quadruple homicide? Nah, he’s only been accused. Pay that man his taxpayer money. Fucking idiots. I hope RHS (all 3 of them) and the Midas Car Care or whatever that thing is in the NxNWxW end zone burn to the ground and all the crazy Californians who run the town turn the land into dog park.

uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
If you guys play on the road this year like you did last year (almost as awful on the road as a bobcat coach on a Saturday night after a game), you will absolutely lose in Missoula, and might not even get a seed. I'd be more worried about that than what we're doing over here, if I were you.

:lol: :lol: :clap:

So according to this, out of the teams still currently in the FCS (which excludes Sam Houston and James Madison) ….. our composite ranking is 5th in the FCS. Behind NDSU, SDSU, MSU, and Sac State.

This puts us at 3rd in the Big Sky.

Losses to both our rivals in 2022.

1-3 against the cats since Bobby’s return.

No trips past the quarterfinals in how long exactly?

If we consider our peers to be the likes of the middle tier of the FCS, then we’re doing great. But if we are holding ourselves to the highest standard of the FCS, we are falling short.

brewskis said:
So according to this, out of the teams still currently in the FCS (which excludes Sam Houston and James Madison) ….. our composite ranking is 5th in the FCS. Behind NDSU, SDSU, MSU, and Sac State.

If we consider our peers to be the likes of the middle tier of the FCS, then we’re doing great. But if we are holding ourselves to the highest standard of the FCS, we are falling short.

Top 5 isn't the middle of FCS. Griz are 1-1 against the Cats in past 2 seasons. Would have done much better last year with a healthy QB. The Big Sky has been the best conference in FCS the past couple years. I think EWU is our rival along with MSU, and we beat them.

So, what do you propose? Just a bunch of bitching?

mthoopsfan said:
I think EWU is our rival along with MSU, and we beat them.
I believe now our rivals are MSDUI and Portland St. Only the BSC could come up with that.

Cats should have lost to Weber at home last year. Got a major break against a putrid EWU team. Had a very soft road schedule and will be brought back to reality this year. My one knock on Hauck is his inability to develop a QB. His view of needing upperclassmen to run the show has not served the team well. Hopefully that issue is going to be solved. The O line seems as good as it has been for some time. Running backs are excellent and tight end/receiver are strengths. The offense will be a force to reckon with. I would really like to see some D Line and CB drop downs. The defense will be good, but not as good as previous years. Cats are getting arrogant and that is great by me. Now to be unbiased as possible, Griz need to do better than averaging 5th best over the past three years. The FCS has less than 10 good programs. Probably 7 max. Griz need to be in the top 3 every year. I think Bobby and company will get it done and ease some tension this year. Last year was rough with QB injuries and no serviceable replacement. That simple.

kemajic said:
mthoopsfan said:
I think EWU is our rival along with MSU, and we beat them.
I believe now our rivals are MSDUI and Portland St. Only the BSC could come up with that.

I always thought it should be Idaho and the cats.

Now, I'm glad it's psu.

Copper Griz said:
Cats should have lost to Weber at home last year. Got a major break against a putrid EWU team. Had a very soft road schedule and will be brought back to reality this year. My one knock on Hauck is his inability to develop a QB. His view of needing upperclassmen to run the show has not served the team well. Hopefully that issue is going to be solved. The O line seems as good as it has been for some time. Running backs are excellent and tight end/receiver are strengths. The offense will be a force to reckon with. I would really like to see some D Line and CB drop downs. The defense will be good, but not as good as previous years. Cats are getting arrogant and that is great by me. Now to be unbiased as possible, Griz need to do better than averaging 5th best over the past three years. The FCS has less than 10 good programs. Probably 7 max. Griz need to be in the top 3 every year. I think Bobby and company will get it done and ease some tension this year. Last year was rough with QB injuries and no serviceable replacement. That simple.

Good post. This fan base really needs RTD. A long playoff run with home games would do friggin wonders. Hope this is the year.

mthoopsfan said:
brewskis said:

Top 5 isn't the middle of FCS. Griz are 1-1 against the Cats in past 2 seasons. Would have done much better last year with a healthy QB. The Big Sky has been the best conference in FCS the past couple years. I think EWU is our rival along with MSU, and we beat them.

I would propose higher standards. I for one think that we should EXPECT to be in the semis every year. Not having to buy our way into the playoffs and getting knocked out in the 2nd round.

brewskis said:
mthoopsfan said:

I would propose higher standards. I for one think that we should EXPECT to be in the semis every year. Not having to buy our way into the playoffs and getting knocked out in the 2nd round.

Do you think there's any Griz fan who doesn't want the team to do better? Higher standards? My god, why don't you save some typing and send more money to the program.

mthoopsfan said:
brewskis said:

Do you think there's any Griz fan who doesn't want the team to do better? Higher standards? My god, why don't you save some typing and send more money to the program.
So you how many more $$ would it have taken to stop the Cats running game? If I had given an extra $100 do you think Hauck would have pulled KB and put Britt in against Weber?

brewskis said:
mthoopsfan said:

Oh, was that the problem? Not enough of us were expecting us to be in the semis, so it didn't happen. So if we all just expect it, it will happen. Perfect!

Guys.... GUYS!!!! Get over here and start expecting harder!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back