• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM at home vs. kittens (Sat Feb 4)

HookedonGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Those guys are the biggest bunch of whiny bitches you can find. Whenever we beat them, which is 13 in a row now, they blame the refs. Just checked and the total fouls were 29-23. Both teams in bonus with 10 mins left in game. That dude is a bitch.

Are they? Are we?

Aren't you embarrassed those guys are blaming the refs and saying the game was fixed. That is crazy talk.

I don't agree with them, but you are acting like Bobcat Nation is acting way different than every other (EGRIZ) board after a loss...He is taking two people's comments and acting like that is what every CAT fan is saying.

HookedonGriz said:
grizonbob said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Wow announcers said Hall had 22 pts. I would have guessed 9 or 10z. Seemed quiet for him. Impressed with Frey. Havent seen him before. Has he been this good all year? Anybody?

Haven't seen Frey on film, but I've followed him a bit in Chronicle stories. He got off to a bit of a slow start, but I believe he's been averaging around 18 pts in the last half dozen games or so. He has quite a bit of talent, and he'll give opponents, including the Griz, a lot of headaches in the next few years.

Suppose that playing in the "pro" leagues in Europe for a year or two helped make him much more seasoned than your average true freshman in college.

Yes I believe he's a 21 year old freshman who already played some pro ball. Not sure how all that works. Those 3 years (compared to an 18 year old) are huge. Sounds like those college hockey players who finally skate for a college team when they are 23 year old freshman.

I would be interested in the explanation as to why a kid can play professionally overseas and then come here to play college. Nothing against the kid but that does change my perception of him. Still a good player but not nearly as impressive as a true freshman ie just out of high school. Can Americans go play 2-3 years overseas to develop then return to US for college? I bet not. Anyway thought he played very smart and polished.

cmtgrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
grizonbob said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Wow announcers said Hall had 22 pts. I would have guessed 9 or 10z. Seemed quiet for him. Impressed with Frey. Havent seen him before. Has he been this good all year? Anybody?

Haven't seen Frey on film, but I've followed him a bit in Chronicle stories. He got off to a bit of a slow start, but I believe he's been averaging around 18 pts in the last half dozen games or so. He has quite a bit of talent, and he'll give opponents, including the Griz, a lot of headaches in the next few years.

Suppose that playing in the "pro" leagues in Europe for a year or two helped make him much more seasoned than your average true freshman in college.

Yes I believe he's a 21 year old freshman who already played some pro ball. Not sure how all that works. Those 3 years (compared to an 18 year old) are huge. Sounds like those college hockey players who finally skate for a college team when they are 23 year old freshman.

I would be interested in the explanation as to why a kid can play professionally overseas and then come here to play college. Nothing against the kid but that does change my perception of him. Still a good player but not nearly as impressive as a true freshman ie just out of high school. Can Americans go play 2-3 years overseas to develop then return to US for college? I bet not. Anyway thought he played very smart and polished.

Frey was born in 1997.. So in 2017 he is 19 or 20..

Look it up.

SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Those guys are the biggest bunch of whiny bitches you can find. Whenever we beat them, which is 13 in a row now, they blame the refs. Just checked and the total fouls were 29-23. Both teams in bonus with 10 mins left in game. That dude is a bitch.

Are they? Are we?

Aren't you embarrassed those guys are blaming the refs and saying the game was fixed. That is crazy talk.

I don't agree with them, but you are acting like Bobcat Nation is acting way different than every other (EGRIZ) board after a loss...He is taking two people's comments and acting like that is what every CAT fan is saying.

Saccat, a couple of things, I challenge you to find a post where I say this is what the Bobcat fanbase was saying. I posted ONLY what Belgradebobcat was saying.

Secondly, I have been a member of Egriz for 16 years, and I have never seen a post from a Griz fan accusing any competition between the Cats and Griz being FIXED. I don't care what you try to say after this, it doesn't happen, and don't even try to tell me Belgradebobcat is joking either. Because you damn well know he isn't joking. Yes, as an Egrizzer, I admit that this board posts some very stupid s--t after Griz losses. I'm guilt of it and I willingly admit that. But, this is now the second serious fixing post I have seen on BN in just three years, as another BN member went on a two-day rant about the 2015 Cat-Griz football game being fixed because of the Griz punter flopping. I'm sure you remember that convo too. That dude was not kidding either.

I can laugh a lot of stuff in this rivalry, but believing that a Big Sky Conference game in ANY sport, is fixed is quite simply the dumbest thing any rationale human being can think. There is absolutely no financial benefit to fixing eff--ng Cat-Griz sports. And financial gains are the ONLY reason sports get fixed. PERIOD.

George Ferguson said:
SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
Are they? Are we?

Saccat, a couple of things, I challenge you to find a post where I say this is what the Bobcat fanbase was saying. I posted ONLY what Belgradebobcat was saying.

Secondly, I have been a member of Egriz for 16 years, and I have never seen a post from a Griz fan accusing any competition between the Cats and Griz being FIXED. I don't care what you try to say after this, it doesn't happen, and don't even try to tell me Belgradebobcat is joking either. Because you damn well know he isn't joking. Yes, as an Egrizzer, I admit that this board posts some very stupid s--t after Griz losses. I'm guilt of it and I willingly admit that. But, this is now the second serious fixing post I have seen on BN in just three years, as another BN member went on a two-day rant about the 2015 Cat-Griz football game being fixed because of the Griz punter flopping. I'm sure you remember that convo too. That dude was not kidding either.

I can laugh a lot of stuff in this rivalry, but believing that a Big Sky Conference game in ANY sport, is fixed is quite simply the dumbest thing any rationale human being can think. There is absolutely no financial benefit to fixing eff--ng Cat-Griz sports. And financial gains are the ONLY reason sports get fixed. PERIOD.

I don't think it was fixed ( as a bobcat fan). Two people said that, the rest of us realize why we lost.

Defensive demons haunt Bobcats in loss to Grizzlies
http://skylinesportsmt.com/old-demons-haunt-bobcats-in-loss-to-grizzlies/

Had the Griz made FTs early on, this game would have been a blowout long before it was over. I'm glad the boys came alive in the second half.

Our crowd sucked ass. Period. This team deserves a rowdy crowd and all we can muster is a sleepy nap time crowd. It's a f@cking rivalry game! Come on! Get loud! Reported attendance was about 5500 but it sure didn't look like it in the expensive seats. GA was full, but that's only one side of the arena. Lame.

AllWeatherFan said:
Let's just enjoy the win. The thing that puts butts in the seats is winning.

And marketing. Effort goes a long way. I've talked to a few people in Missoula now and they had no idea it was Griz/Cat weekend.

Anyway, you're right, it feels good to beat the cats! FTC!

PeauxRouge said:
Had the Griz made FTs early on, this game would have been a blowout long before it was over. I'm glad the boys came alive in the second half.

Our crowd sucked ass. Period. This team deserves a rowdy crowd and all we can muster is a sleepy nap time crowd. It's a f@cking rivalry game! Come on! Get loud! Reported attendance was about 5500 but it sure didn't look like it in the expensive seats. GA was full, but that's only one side of the arena. Lame.
The average age of the spectator needs to be dropped by about 30 years in order for any Griz game to remotely close become rowdy. Not a dis, just the truth.

SACCAT66 said:
ShelbyGRIZfan said:
How many walks did #5 get away with?

Yours or ours.

There was 3 and one calls for MSU and all three the player took 3 steps, well one he took 4. They officiating is bad...we get that. It also helps to why BSC has issues in the tourney. Players have to play different here vs the rest of the nation. It's quite silly how players change from non conf to conf due to the change in officiating

HookedonGriz said:
grizonbob said:
cmtgrizzly said:

He's 19.

#alternativefacts???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:
grizonbob said:
cmtgrizzly said:

He's 19.

#alternativefacts???

My bad. I blame my own bobcat buddy who told he was 20-21. Still, he turns 20 in May which is still 1-2 years older than other freshman. That still makes a difference.

Lots of redshirt freshmen turning 20 this year I would assume?

Back