• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM @ Arkansas

CleanHOUSE said:
PlayerRep said:
CleanHOUSE said:
PlayerRep said:
Vasquez played 21 minutes, so Falls obviously didn't play 31 minutes at point guard.

You don't know why Falls played 31 minutes. I think UM has lots of options and depth, although young depth. I think that Falls players 31 minutes because Travis wanted him in there, and he was asking various contributions.

Coaches recruit for multiple years, not just one season. It's hard to recruit for just one season, because of the transfers rules. Only JC's are guaranteed to be able to play right away. Wh do you think the Portland pilot could have played right away?

Is it your view that a player who has 7 turnovers like Pridgett did, is just servicaeable and is getting big minutes only because there are no other options. Could it not be that he is good and the coach wants him in there, just like with Falls.

Do you know anything about basketball? Just curious.

Pridgget has a history of being a dominant force and everyone knew that as our best player he had to take a chance and force the issue last night. So I wouldn't ask people who you are not sure if they know anything about basketball bad basketball questions, if they indeed don't know anything it will just confuse them more, if they do know basketball it will make you look bad and like you are resorting to a false equivalence. Like Falls can do pretty pass sometimes and some people think he's fun to watch, but it doesn't make you a bad person if you are not smitten with him as a player and think he has concerning weaknesses in his skill set. You both have valid perspectives on what his role is and why it is what it is.

We all know how biased you are. I will say and ask anything I want. It's clear that Brave doesn't understand basketball. Most of what he says shows his lack of understanding of the game. Are you going to defend him for his basketball knowledge?

Biased about who I agree with? Braves84 is just saying he thinks Falls fits better in a role player role and your saying Falls adds the most value playing starter minutes? You both have reasonable evidence to support your thoughts. Go ahead and ask anything you want lol.
You ask: "Is Pridgett just a serviceable player because he had 7 turnovers?" My answer: No. Is my answer based on one game? No. Are Braves84's opinions based on one game? No. Can two players play minutes for different reasons? Yes. Do I know anything about Brave84s basketball knowledge? No.

Meant you were biased against Falls. Look at your Net Liability thread.

You are welcome to defend Braves. I will wait for you to tell us how you think he is knowledgeable basketball.

My Pridgett comment was addressed to Braves. I doubted he could answer it.

I have never said this: "Falls adds the most value playing starter minutes?": Please stick to what I actually say.

You asked Falls was a net liability. I said he was a net positive.

Braves doesn't think Falls is very good. Only serviceable. I defended Falls from that stuff, and said Davis isn't going to play a serviceable player for 31 minutes, I like him, and let's see how he plays.
after he fully recovers from his injury.

Some of you think Falls can't shoot. I don't agree and provided some stats.

You said Ogine and Rorie improved their shooting. I pointed out that the 3 of them shot almost exactly the same from 3 last year, and Falls was only a sophomore.

I think posters should stick more to facts and stats, and not just push their impressions or their agenda.

braves84 said:
PlayerRep said:
In his frosh year, Falls shot 41.4% and 40.7% from 3.

Oguine and Rorie shot 33.9 and 35.7 from 3 that year. Last year they shot, from 3, 34.7, same as Falls, and 35.6. Moorehead shot 30.3 from 3 last year.

I think Falls can shoot fine and can and will improve.

A couple of you are too biased to look at things objectively.
Falls is shooting 2 for 11 from the field, assists to turnovers is 6 to 11 this year so far. If your o.k. with that than that's on you.
I've never said he shouldn't be playing, he's a good big sky bench player, and that's o.k.

He is just coming off an injury to his shooting hand, and there have been 2 games. Do you really not understand that an injury to one's shooting hand, affects one's shooting? If you think that defines where Falls is or will be, then you don't have a clue about hoops or sport. Bench players don't play 31 minutes. Good bench players are more than serviceable, in my parlance.

PlayerRep said:
CleanHOUSE said:
PlayerRep said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Pridgget has a history of being a dominant force and everyone knew that as our best player he had to take a chance and force the issue last night. So I wouldn't ask people who you are not sure if they know anything about basketball bad basketball questions, if they indeed don't know anything it will just confuse them more, if they do know basketball it will make you look bad and like you are resorting to a false equivalence. Like Falls can do pretty pass sometimes and some people think he's fun to watch, but it doesn't make you a bad person if you are not smitten with him as a player and think he has concerning weaknesses in his skill set. You both have valid perspectives on what his role is and why it is what it is.

We all know how biased you are. I will say and ask anything I want. It's clear that Brave doesn't understand basketball. Most of what he says shows his lack of understanding of the game. Are you going to defend him for his basketball knowledge?

Biased about who I agree with? Braves84 is just saying he thinks Falls fits better in a role player role and your saying Falls adds the most value playing starter minutes? You both have reasonable evidence to support your thoughts. Go ahead and ask anything you want lol.
You ask: "Is Pridgett just a serviceable player because he had 7 turnovers?" My answer: No. Is my answer based on one game? No. Are Braves84's opinions based on one game? No. Can two players play minutes for different reasons? Yes. Do I know anything about Brave84s basketball knowledge? No.

You are welcome to defend Braves. I will wait for you to tell us how you think he is knowledgeable basketball.

I have never said this: "Falls adds the most value playing starter minutes?": Please stick to what I actually say.

Braves doesn't think Falls is very good. Only serviceable. I defended Falls from that stuff, and said Davis isn't going to play a serviceable player for 31 minutes, I like him, and let's see how he plays.

You said Ogine and Rorie improved their shooting. I pointed out that the 3 of them shot almost exactly the same from 3 last year, and Falls was only a sophomore.

I think posters should stick more to facts and stats, and not just push their impressions or their agenda.

I DONT KNOW WHAT Braves84 basketball IQ is. This isn't the Falls thread, but yea I disagree with you. Braves84 wasn't responding to the Net Liability question, saying Falls is serviceable is not saying he's bad. Sorry I misunderstood your view, I thought your essential point was Falls is playing starting level minutes because he is a starting level player. And I don't think Rorie and Oguine were good shooters, they were solid and good enough to get hot from 3 once in a while. My frustration with Falls was not that he can't improve, its that IMO I haven't seen much evolution...hope Im wrong.

CleanHOUSE said:
PlayerRep said:
CleanHOUSE said:
PlayerRep said:

I DONT KNOW WHAT Braves84 basketball IQ is. This isn't the Falls thread, but yea I disagree with you. Braves84 wasn't responding to the Net Liability question, saying Falls is serviceable is not saying he's bad. Sorry I misunderstood your view, I thought your essential point was Falls is playing starting level minutes because he is a starting level player. And I don't think Rorie and Oguine were good shooters, they were solid and good enough to get hot from 3 once in a while. My frustration with Falls was not that he can't improve, its that IMO I haven't seen much evolution...hope Im wrong.

Your last sentence is about as accurate as can get. I too, hope you will be proven wrong. I am not sure why, his game hasn't evolved. The one fix he can do to improve his game, would be to find proper release. His side rotation really does negatively impact becoming a consistent good shooter. That coupled with short arming (almost shotput like) needs to go. He is so capable of being a more efficient player on offense. I think he, Manuel, and Vasquez would benefit from one another, by learning from one another. Vasquez is calm, under control, with a nice looking shot (the results will come, with time). Manuel's shooting technique should be applied to Falls. Falls ball handling (when under control), and penetrating would be a huge asset to Vasquez. Falls defense would help Manuel. Too bad, we cannot combine the 3. Then we'd have a terrific PG.

braves84 said:
Grizbballfan14 said:
This is a young team. What we saw today shouldn't be surprising. There will be turnovers and sloppy play offensively, especially against Power 5 competition. What has been encouraging so far is they don't look overwhelmed defensively, and play with a lot of energy.

One thing that is killing us is depth. An 8 man rotation is small, and half of those players are playing their first minutes as college basketball players. It will take time to build a rhythm and fully adjust to the college game. Getting Jared Samuelson healthy and then Selcuk becoming eligible later in the season will help add depth and provide more size. On the bright side the young guys are getting a lot of valuable minutes.

We have good shooters. They wont be cold all season. Manuel is lethal and when Samuelson comes back he can stretch the floor well as a post.

On the Timmy Falls front, he is coming off of an injury to his shooting hand. He is going to look rough for much of November. His shot doesnt look right and he hasn't been able to get much live action until very recently. Injuries take time to recover from, but especially one to your hand. Let's be patient.

Overall I would say that I'm impressed by the team. We obviously have a long ways to go but it will come with time.
So, what was falls issue when he shot around 37% from the field and 32% from 3 point land last year.
Like I said he is what he is, a serviceable role player in limited minuets.

Falls shot 38.1% and 34.7% from 3 last season. can you not even get your stats right?

Oguine shot 34.7% from 3, the same as Falls. Rorie shot 35.6% from 3, or .9% better than Falls. That's less than 1 shot made better over the whole season. Do you consider Oguine and Rorie to be serviceable too.

Moorehead, who shot better later in the year, was 35% and 31%. Was he serviceable too?

Oguine was 64 to 60 and assists to turnovers. Manual was 44-44. . Falls was 73 to 59.

The Griz went pretty far with a team of serviceable players, right, Braves?

CleanHOUSE said:
PlayerRep said:
CleanHOUSE said:
PlayerRep said:

This is what you said about Rorie and Oguine's shooting, just for the record: " Ogunie and Rorie developed into competent shooters".

I know shooting is more than shooting from 3, but since Falls, Oguine and Rorie, shot almost exactly the same from 3 last year, and Falls shot better than both of them from 3 the year before, why is Braves saying Falls is a bad shooter?

I know you don't know Brave's basketball IQ, but could you at least agree that Braves has a bad basketball IQ, or at least it isn't solid? Personally, I don't think it's even serviceable, by any standard.

PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:
PlayerRep said:
In his frosh year, Falls shot 41.4% and 40.7% from 3.

Oguine and Rorie shot 33.9 and 35.7 from 3 that year. Last year they shot, from 3, 34.7, same as Falls, and 35.6. Moorehead shot 30.3 from 3 last year.

I think Falls can shoot fine and can and will improve.

A couple of you are too biased to look at things objectively.
Falls is shooting 2 for 11 from the field, assists to turnovers is 6 to 11 this year so far. If your o.k. with that than that's on you.
I've never said he shouldn't be playing, he's a good big sky bench player, and that's o.k.

He is just coming off an injury to his shooting hand, and there have been 2 games. Do you really not understand that an injury to one's shooting hand, affects one's shooting? If you think that defines where Falls is or will be, then you don't have a clue about hoops or sport. Bench players don't play 31 minutes. Good bench players are more than serviceable, in my parlance.

Faint praise for they win titles.

Back