• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ty Gregorak

get'em_griz

DONOR
Looks like he’s not quite done with football. He’s going to be the color analyst for ROOT Sports this fall.

https://twitter.com/gregrachac/status/1174160189806850048?s=20

He will be awesome at that. He’s always a great interview and listen so this will be a great fit for him. And some extra coin on top of his Stryker gig and TG is doing just fine.

Good for Ty! I could see him being good on TV. I always enjoy the coaches perspective in TV broadcasts.

HookedonGriz said:
He will be awesome at that. He’s always a great interview and listen so this will be a great fit for him. And some extra coin on top of his Stryker gig and TG is doing just fine.

Totally agree. Great guy. Excited for him

flyfishgriz said:
I wouldn’t piss down his throat if his heart was on fire.

why? because he did what he felt was best for his family instead what was best for flyfishgriz...really have to hate a guy that puts his own family first.

Maybe I am remembering it wrong, but when Gregorak left Missoula he still had hopes of being a head coach. He also still dreamed of being a coach at the FBS level. Leaving Missoula had nothing to do with his family, it was more to do with not liking Stitt and his own massive ego.

Any way you paint it, a lateral career move to your bitterly hated rival is incredibly disrespectful to the community and college that supported you for 15 years. If he had been offered the head coach position at MSU, I dont think griz fans would care, but taking the same job for likely the same pay is absurd. Especially since he isn't from Bozeman.

Because I wanted to make sure my memory was correct, I found this old missoulian article that confirmed my hunch.

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/gregorak-leaving-griz-for-montana-state/article_dd59228c-af1a-5be1-accc-d5d408c63847.html

Grizbballfan14 said:
Maybe I am remembering it wrong, but when Gregorak left Missoula he still had hopes of being a head coach. He also still dreamed of being a coach at the FBS level. Leaving Missoula had nothing to do with his family, it was more to do with not liking Stitt and his own massive ego.

Any way you paint it, a lateral career move to your bitterly hated rival is incredibly disrespectful to the community and college that supported you for 15 years. If he had been offered the head coach position at MSU, I dont think griz fans would care, but taking the same job for likely the same pay is absurd. Especially since he isn't from Bozeman.

Because I wanted to make sure my memory was correct, I found this old missoulian article that confirmed my hunch.

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/gregorak-leaving-griz-for-montana-state/article_dd59228c-af1a-5be1-accc-d5d408c63847.html

He took the MSU job in part to have his kids closer to their grandparents, who live in Bozeman, and so he could remain within striking distance of his son by prior marriage who lives in Minneapolis. He also thought coaching with Choate was a good career move.

While he had a handshake deal with Choate before he was offered the DC at Hawaii, he honored his MSU handshake in part for the family reasons.

Also note that his wife played volleyball for Cats,
And had previously not been offered the volleyball job at UM.

Don’t understand how taking a job with a rival
is disrespectful. It’s business. He was being pushed out by Stitt. Not aware that any of his former Griz player friends cared. Why should fans care or be offended?

PlayerRep said:
Grizbballfan14 said:

He took the MSU job in part to have his kids closer to their grandparents, who live in Bozeman, and so he could remain within striking distance of his son by prior marriage who lives in Minneapolis. While he had a handshake deal with Choate before he was offered the DC at Hawaii, he honored his MSU handshake in part for the family reasons.

is disrespectful. It’s business. He was being pushed out by Stitt. Not aware that any of his former Griz player friends cared. Why should fans care or be offended?

So true. The fans who called him Traitorak shouldn't give a hoot about betrayal by someone doing so in the name of supporting their family. If they need a beef, stick with fans who switch allegiance from one rival to another when the other rival becomes a dominant force in the FCS.

This love/hate relationship egrizzers have with TG is comical.

Course, same could be said about Stitt, Jensen, etc., etc.

Folks just need to take the advice of the princess in Frozen....let it go, let it go....

horribilisfan8184 said:
PlayerRep said:
Grizbballfan14 said:

He took the MSU job in part to have his kids closer to their grandparents, who live in Bozeman, and so he could remain within striking distance of his son by prior marriage who lives in Minneapolis. While he had a handshake deal with Choate before he was offered the DC at Hawaii, he honored his MSU handshake in part for the family reasons.

So true. The fans who called him Traitorak shouldn't give a hoot about betrayal by someone doing so in the name of supporting their family. If they need a beef, stick with fans who switch allegiance from one rival to another when the other rival becomes a dominant force in the FCS.

I agree with you all. we all make life decisions based on family and personal things. I think he was a great coach and has proved himself. He has coached in the Big Sky for years so he has a great insight on all the programs. He seems to be articulate and has a sense of humor. I look forward listening to him analyzing games. There are a few guys that I think are just great at color commentary like Todd Blackledge in NCAA and Tony Romo in NFL and they add a bunch to the game. I think he is perfect for this job.

AZGrizFan said:

Folks just need to take the advice of the princess in Frozen....let it go, let it go....
How dare you! Elsa is the queen! The queen in Frozen!

zootownrox said:
AZGrizFan said:

How dare you! Elsa is the queen! The queen in Frozen!
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Back