• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TV Channels for Griz games

biga75 said:
The local broadcast affiliates (usually Fox or ABC) typically pick up the SWX broadcasts.

Mine doesn't but at least with Pluto I saw a few games not on Root.

'68griz said:
SWX is not on Dish, and that's what we have.

If you live in Montana, you can get SWX with their app on your ipad or smartphone. You can also buy adapters that will allow you to plug those devices into your smart tv and watch it on the big screen.

cclarkblues said:
'68griz said:

If you live in Montana, you can get SWX with their app on your ipad or smartphone. You can also buy adapters that will allow you to plug those devices into your smart tv and watch it on the big screen.

I live in Montana, tried the app and says I am not in their area despite my location service on my smartphone shows me in Montana. Since SWX is not an option for my regular TV service my location must not be okay for them. Tried last year and just now, doesn't work.

From SWX

Frequently Asked Questions

My cable provider doesn't carry SWX, what can I do?
If your cable company doesn't carry SWX in its lineup, we urge you to contact the company and ask that they offer SWX to their customers. The other option is to watch SWX over the air on the appropriate channel with the use of an antenna (see Fig. 1-1).

Antenna won't get it either.....some Montana residents are screwed

Ursus1 said:
cclarkblues said:
'68griz said:

I live in Montana, tried the app and says I am not in their area despite my location service on my smartphone shows me in Montana. Since SWX is not an option for my regular TV service my location must not be okay for them. Tried last year and just now, doesn't work.

Ursus, I have DirectTV and don't get it either, but I do get it on my ipad and iPhone. I do think it is available on local channels so maybe that has something to do with it.

cclarkblues said:
Ursus1 said:
cclarkblues said:
'68griz said:

Ursus, I have DirectTV and don't get it either, but I do get it on my ipad and iPhone. I do think it is available on local channels so maybe that has something to do with it.

Minus the WIU game, what’s changed from last year? Still same parameters outlined in prior agreements. Non-Root games on streaming Pluto & GG, hit & miss depending on your provider & location for cable/over-the-air broadcasts. There’s still radio free or fee on GG.

bgbigdog said:
cclarkblues said:
Ursus1 said:
cclarkblues said:

Minus the WIU game, what’s changed from last year? Still same parameters outlined in prior agreements. Non-Root games on streaming Pluto & GG, hit & miss depending on your provider & location for cable/over-the-air broadcasts. There’s still radio free or fee on GG.

SWX on a TV would be great if I got it vs. Watching online relying on connection speed and not being able to DVR it. But not much I can do so I got that going for me

From SWX’s site:

SWX stands for Sports & Weather Right Now. We're committed to providing Eastern Washington and North Idaho with the best in local sports coverage, and 24-hour-a-day weather from the best meteorologists in the Northwest

In smaller print beneath you’ll note that it says “Montana should just go pound sand, bastards!”

Guess that settles it.

Back