• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trumaine

PlayerRep said:
$26 million in 2018, compared to an average of $15 million in the prior two years. I think he feels fine.

"A five-year, $72.5 million pact, Johnson’s contract breaks down rather lavishly. Here’s how, according to ESPN’s Rich Cimini:

Signing Bonus: $20 million signing bonus
Fully guaranteed: $34 million
2018 Base Salary: $6 million (fully guaranteed)
2019 Base Salary: $8 million (fully guaranteed)
2020 Base Salary: $11 million (guaranteed for injury only, becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the league year)
2021 Base Salary: $13 million
2022 Base Salary: $14.5 million
Cap Charges: $10 million (2018), $12 million (2019), $15 million (2020), $17 million (2021), $18.5 million (2022)
As you can see in the photo below, Johnson just became a much richer man. With his signing bonus and base salary, he will make $26 million in 2018 alone."

"After earning more than $30 million over the last two years on tags, the defender’s new deal with the Jets will provide him with his biggest payday yet."

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/16/trumaine-johnson-contract-breakdown-jets-cb-will-make-26m-in-2018/

Yeah, but once it's taxed at 90% it will barely buy a house in the south hills. I know, we don't have a tax rate that high yet, but some sure want one.

DuCharme said:
fanofzoo said:
Grisly Fan said:
fanofzoo said:
Bet he was happy he left after that sh*t show.

Yeah, pretty crappy to be playing in the Super Bowl. Wonder how it was for players of the other 30 teams?

Oh you mean playing for a crappy super bowl team that shouldn't have been there.

Opposed to playing for the Jets. Hmm...

Staying home and counting the extra millions takes the sting out of it.

fanofzoo said:
DuCharme said:
fanofzoo said:
Grisly Fan said:
Yeah, pretty crappy to be playing in the Super Bowl. Wonder how it was for players of the other 30 teams?

Oh you mean playing for a crappy super bowl team that shouldn't have been there.

Opposed to playing for the Jets. Hmm...

Staying home and counting the extra millions takes the sting out of it.

That made me laugh.

PlayerRep said:
Grisly Fan said:
Bertram said:
tourist said:
How much was Cooper Kupp missed?

Kupp in the lineup , Rams would have won
Kupp and a healthy Gurley (I think his ACL is messed up again -- or his head is). The Rams were missing two of their best offensive weapons. Would the Pats have won missing Edelman and Gronk? I bet not.

Good point on Edelman and Gronk.

Obviously no one believes in really good defense and the next man up philosophy. I really enjoyed the game as I love shut- down D and I saw 2 of them go at each other for most of the game.
btw - one of The Pats best safeties - a 10 yr veteran named Patrick Chung - broke his arm in the 1st half. The Rams (my favorite team growing up) never were able to take advantage of Chung's absence. The whole game Sean McVay and Goff looked overwhelmed by the magnitude of the game.

Tons of people on Egriz are always talking about how we need to dominate in the trenches. DOLA.
The Pats dominated in the trenches. When Goff was intercepted late in the game and the Pats were inside their own 10, I knew and every smart FB fan knew and surely the Rams coaching staff knew that the Pats were going to run the ball. Their OL dominated and they ran the ball up the middle right past Suh and Donald.

The real MVP of the game was the Pats D as a whole. They shut down KC for 0 points in the first half and the high-powered Rams O for 0 TDs. The Saints may have been robbed of a catch, but they had the lead after their FG and couldn't shut down the Rams from driving down and getting a game-tying FG.

Cooper Kupp played in 8 games for the Rams and is a definite difference maker (doesn't every Griz fan know that?) But without Kupp the Rams rang up 54 on the Chiefs, and 30+ on 5 other teams, including a red-hot Dallas D. Josh Gordon , a worthless person but a really good receiver was ineligible for the most important games of the year. It was obvious the Pats had no deep threat.So if they had had a healthy, non-stoned Josh Gordon, they may have scored more than 13.

No Kupp, no Gordon, no Chung for most of the game, and a Todd Gurley that says he was healthy but wasn't used much. Shit happens in this game. I know America and the NFL loves 54-53 final scores with stars on Offense scoring at will. I loved this game. I'm weird. I love watching really good Defenses going at each other and seeing which O can crack through first and last. As usual Belichek and Brady found a way to win. Not always - but often.

debellatio said:
tourist said:
reinell30 said:
Tru needs to stay healthy and play an entire season. Then he needs to make the pro-bowl so people can know who he is. That is if he wants to be recognized?

All too often, these talented players end up on teams with no chance of winning anything, like the Jets, and during their twilight years, demand to be traded to a team with Super Bowl aspirations, to get that RING. Tru had the Super Bowl aspirations in his hands, but went for the money.

I don't think the Rams offered him a contract. They tagged him the previous 2 years because they could do it on the cheap. They couldn't tag him again so they let him walk without an offer. At least that is the way I understand the situation.
They also signed Peters and Talib before he decided where to go, so it feels like the departure decision was mutual.

ranco said:
PlayerRep said:
$26 million in 2018, compared to an average of $15 million in the prior two years. I think he feels fine.

"A five-year, $72.5 million pact, Johnson’s contract breaks down rather lavishly. Here’s how, according to ESPN’s Rich Cimini:

2020 Base Salary: $11 million (guaranteed for injury only, becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the league year)
Cap Charges: $10 million (2018), $12 million (2019), $15 million (2020), $17 million (2021), $18.5 million (2022)
As you can see in the photo below, Johnson just became a much richer man. With his signing bonus and base salary, he will make $26 million in 2018 alone."

"After earning more than $30 million over the last two years on tags, the defender’s new deal with the Jets will provide him with his biggest payday yet."

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/16/trumaine-johnson-contract-breakdown-jets-cb-will-make-26m-in-2018/

Yeah, but once it's taxed at 90% it will barely buy a house in the south hills. I know, we don't have a tax rate that high yet, but some sure want one.

Way to inject politics into a sports forum. Doesn’t Fox News have a forum for like minded individuals?

fanofzoo said:
Grisly Fan said:
fanofzoo said:

Somebody’s black and gold is showing. I believe there’s a class action law suit you can join.

ranco said:
PlayerRep said:

I’ve had a few drinks so I will bite.

Why do so many people vote or believe in concepts that work against their own interest? Do you wonder why schools can’t afford to teach civics, the arts, or have textbooks that are more recent than the 1990s? Bridges and roads are in need of maintenance and/or upgrading?

70%, 90%, whatever. You do understand how marginal tax rates work?

mtgriz said:
ranco said:
PlayerRep said:

Why do so many people vote or believe in concepts that work against their own interest? Do you wonder why schools can’t afford to teach civics, the arts, have textbooks that are more recent than the 1990s? Bridges and roads are in need of maintenance and/or upgrading?

AOC would be happy to enlighten.

alabamagrizzly said:
ranco said:
PlayerRep said:

Way to inject politics into a sports forum. Doesn’t Fox News have a forum for like minded individuals?

Sorry, I thought this was egriz. I'm not sure about a Fox News forum, do you have a link?

fanofzoo said:
Grisly Fan said:
fanofzoo said:

Yeah it was a badly blown call and very well could have made a difference in the outcome of the game. Then again, the Saints could have fumbled when trying to dive into the endzone. I believe I saw that happen recently... And even with the bad call, the Saints could have won in OT but couldn't get it done. Whether the Rams deserved to be there given the outcome of the SB is debatable but it sure seemed like the Saints didn't either. If the Rams were so crappy then why did it come down to one play that made the difference?

mtgriz said:
ranco said:
PlayerRep said:

Why do so many people vote or believe in concepts that work against their own interest? Do you wonder why schools can’t afford to teach civics, the arts, or have textbooks that are more recent than the 1990s? Bridges and roads are in need of maintenance and/or upgrading?

If your interest is receiving fewer tax dollars then you should advocate for a 70% - 90% tax rate.

ranco said:
mtgriz said:
ranco said:
PlayerRep said:

If your interest is receiving fewer tax dollars then you should advocate for a 70% - 90% tax rate.

or maybe it will just make those consumed with accumulating as much money as possible, no matter if they need it or not, work even harder?

fanofzoo said:
mtgriz said:
ranco said:
PlayerRep said:

Why do so many people vote or believe in concepts that work against their own interest? Do you wonder why schools can’t afford to teach civics, the arts, have textbooks that are more recent than the 1990s? Bridges and roads are in need of maintenance and/or upgrading?

AOC would be happy to enlighten.

AOC = #dumberthanaboxofrocks

argh! said:
ranco said:
mtgriz said:
ranco said:

or maybe it will just make those consumed with accumulating as much money as possible, no matter if they need it or not, work even harder?

Good concept. I bet there would be a couple of takers.

Apparently the Jets are regretting paying Tru all that money. Granted this comes from a reporter who says he has sources.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821659-jets-rumors-trumaine-johnson-725m-contract-causing-massive-buyers-remorse

The Jets have massive buyer's remorse about Johnson's five-year, $72.5 million deal, according to sources.

Johnson appeared in only 10 games. The 29-year-old experienced a lingering quad injury that kept him out from Oct. 4 to Nov. 11.

However, Johnson's absence from the Jets' 2018 regular-season finale was more problematic. The cornerback was benched for what was formally called a "coach's decision," but ESPN's Josina Anderson reported the benching stemmed from Johnson missing meetings and practice.

his play was less than stellar—finishing the season with 40 tackles (35 solo), five passes defended, four interceptions and one forced fumble.

Johnson was responsible for several costly penalties on the Jets' road to 4-12. One particularly frustrating penalty came against the Cleveland Browns in Week 3 when Johnson was called for unsportsmanlike conduct on what would have been a stop on 3rd-and-10.

ranco said:
PlayerRep said:

You should study the term "marginal tax rate"… Different levels of income are taxed at different rates, the whole income isn't taxed at the highest rate.

Back