• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Traitor Trump

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
I have never looked at the Fox News website, so don't know what's on it. Don't care either. From Googling, I know Fox has been covering the HK protests and the extradition law.

I love HK. Yes, of course, I agree that China should abide by its agreement in HK. I can see why HK residents don't like the proposed extradition law.

Obama was soft on China. Trump is tougher on China. Especially on trade and IP.

Someone told me that the conviction rate in HK is 99.3%.

that's the conviction rate on the mainland. in hong kong, it has been very low, or so my limited search shows. feel free to provide more up-to-date statistics, if you can. you are a lawyer, you should know better search terms than me. try using baidu. ha.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-crime/article/1833802/low-conviction-rates-magistrates-courts-cause-alarm

Thanks. But what about the other courts in HK, the Court of First Instance and the District Court. You provided stats only for the Magistrates Court.

You are the researcher who claims to have attended Cambridge. Go for it. I actually don't care what the conviction rate is in China or HK. I am more into Griz football stats, and the US economic, job and stock market stats.

well, you were the one who brought up conviction rates. no research necessary, though. hong kong still has some rule of law, china hasn't had any for... at least 70 years, maybe a lot longer. i'm not a lawyer though, so what do you expect? i wouldn't tell you to go research glutamatergic feedback signaling in the locus coeruleus and fairly expect any kind of sophisticated answer.

but, i do agree, you need to keep with simple stats. much more down your ally.

Your response that 99% was China and not HK was sufficient. Then, in the same post, you provided incomplete and incorrect information. So I pointed that out. You are the one who provided the research/stats on the subject. I didn't ask for it. I am happy to stay in my lane, which is football, business and law. You should try staying in your lane. But you apparently seem to think that you are an expert in football, business and law.

argh! said:
tourist said:
Argh, its not just CNN, its the whole left wing press, including MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS and others, which have become propaganda outlets for anything anti-American, globalist, and one world government. I didn't know anything about Hong Kong until you mentioned it. Fox is negligent in its non-reporting on this story, without a doubt. I don't like fake news, no matter the source. Right now, Hong Kong looks like a lit fuse.

you forgot facebook, youtube, and the like - the new "news" sources. as for fox, given their support for trump, etc, i would have thought they would have reported this story front and center. as for hong kong, i guess we'll see what happens. the reason people were wearing white at that protest was because wearing white symbolized mourning in chinese culture. they aren't protesting the extradition law, per se, but the loss of their way of life, their freedoms. hong kong is a part of china, though, so i really don't think a whole lot can be done, other than for businesses to move out. i think the much bigger flashpoint will be taiwan, if (when) china tries to take it back. the u.s. and other countries have promised to help protect them, but we'll see.

anyway, on of the few things i agree with trump on is china. will it cause some pain in the u.s. to decouple with them economically? sure, but it is worth it. we hold the upper hand by far, i hope we don't f*** it up with them.

and for fun, watch this 49 second video. things get crazy at about the 18 second mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc6bxhOUKWg

This is how I felt the first time I was waiting for a light to change and about to cross the street in HK. It seemed that thousands of short people came charging towards me at a fast speed.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
tourist said:
Argh, its not just CNN, its the whole left wing press, including MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS and others, which have become propaganda outlets for anything anti-American, globalist, and one world government. I didn't know anything about Hong Kong until you mentioned it. Fox is negligent in its non-reporting on this story, without a doubt. I don't like fake news, no matter the source. Right now, Hong Kong looks like a lit fuse.

you forgot facebook, youtube, and the like - the new "news" sources. as for fox, given their support for trump, etc, i would have thought they would have reported this story front and center. as for hong kong, i guess we'll see what happens. the reason people were wearing white at that protest was because wearing white symbolized mourning in chinese culture. they aren't protesting the extradition law, per se, but the loss of their way of life, their freedoms. hong kong is a part of china, though, so i really don't think a whole lot can be done, other than for businesses to move out. i think the much bigger flashpoint will be taiwan, if (when) china tries to take it back. the u.s. and other countries have promised to help protect them, but we'll see.

anyway, on of the few things i agree with trump on is china. will it cause some pain in the u.s. to decouple with them economically? sure, but it is worth it. we hold the upper hand by far, i hope we don't f*** it up with them.

and for fun, watch this 49 second video. things get crazy at about the 18 second mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc6bxhOUKWg

This is how I felt the first time I was waiting for a light to change and about to cross the street in HK. It seemed that thousands of short people came charging towards me at a fast speed.

yes, it is quite a place, unlike any other. i was there about a year ago, during one of the strongest typhoons they've ever had. arrived about 45 minutes before it hit, and got stuck in the airport for a day.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
that's the conviction rate on the mainland. in hong kong, it has been very low, or so my limited search shows. feel free to provide more up-to-date statistics, if you can. you are a lawyer, you should know better search terms than me. try using baidu. ha.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-crime/article/1833802/low-conviction-rates-magistrates-courts-cause-alarm

Thanks. But what about the other courts in HK, the Court of First Instance and the District Court. You provided stats only for the Magistrates Court.

You are the researcher who claims to have attended Cambridge. Go for it. I actually don't care what the conviction rate is in China or HK. I am more into Griz football stats, and the US economic, job and stock market stats.

well, you were the one who brought up conviction rates. no research necessary, though. hong kong still has some rule of law, china hasn't had any for... at least 70 years, maybe a lot longer. i'm not a lawyer though, so what do you expect? i wouldn't tell you to go research glutamatergic feedback signaling in the locus coeruleus and fairly expect any kind of sophisticated answer.

Your response that 99% was China and not HK was sufficient. Then, in the same post, you provided incomplete and incorrect information. So I pointed that out. You are the one who provided the research/stats on the subject. I didn't ask for it. I am happy to stay in my lane, which is football, business and law. You should try staying in your lane. But you apparently seem to think that you are an expert in football, business and law.
"

geez, greenie, i just said i wasn't a lawyer and didn't know the law, and suggested that you were better qualified to search out meaningful legal statistics than me. you should at least try to be semi-accurate with your insults.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

"

geez, greenie, i just said i wasn't a lawyer and didn't know the law, and suggested that you were better qualified to search out meaningful legal statistics than me. you should at least try to be semi-accurate with your insults.

I was accurate. You should keep your mouth shut when you don't know what you are talking about.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

"

I was accurate. You should keep your mouth shut when you don't know what you are talking about.

zzzzz. i said what i know, and what i don't. you said hong kong courts had a 99% conviction rate. that is beyond wrong, it's dumb, and shows your lack of wherewithal about the world, where there is the rule of law, and where there isn't. all those knocks to the head are starting to show, greenie. you used to be more clever.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
"

zzzzz. i said what i know, and what i don't. all those knocks to the head are starting to show, greenie. you used to be more clever.

I wasn't trying to be clever. I had zero knocks to head in college football.

Back