• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Total Domination

poorgriz

On the football field, and now the MSU hoops teams both sweep um. First time in history that’s ever happened. MSU has won the all sports trophy for like ten years in a row. In case there are any griz fans out there still wondering which school is little bro, you can give it up now. The tide has officially turned, and from here on out, um takes a back seat to the flagship that is MSU, in pretty much everything. Sorry folks, but that’s reality. Can um ever recover and catch MSU? I suppose it’s possible but probably not going to happen, and if so it would probably take decades. Thank God for Waded Cruzado.

poorgriz said:
On the football field, and now the MSU hoops teams both sweep um. First time in history that’s ever happened. MSU has won the all sports trophy for like ten years in a row. In case there are any griz fans out there still wondering which school is little bro, you can give it up now. The tide has officially turned, and from here on out, um takes a back seat to the flagship that is MSU, in pretty much everything. Sorry folks, but that’s reality. Can um ever recover and catch MSU? I suppose it’s possible but probably not going to happen, and if so it would probably take decades. Thank God for Waded Cruzado.

MSU will always be the 2nd best engineering school in the state. Tech’s washouts make the Dean’s list in Bozeman.

So still little bro’ for me

poorgriz said:
Nah man, the fact that you need to come on here and make a post like this makes it pretty clear who still is. :lol:

Ok i'll take the bait!. No one can deny that MSU the last couple years have been dominant over the Griz in the Big 3. (if 2of3 in football is dominant)
Your comment about wondering if they will ever recover is hilarious, your run is still in its infancy so slow your role.
From 86-2009 Griz won 23of 24 against the cats in football. from 2011 2020 Griz won 15of16 in mens basketball.
I thonk the Griz will recover just fine and a lot sooner than it took the Cats.

uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
Nah man, the fact that you need to come on here and make a post like this makes it pretty clear who still is. :lol:

Nailed it! :lol:

Mavman said:
Ok i'll take the bait!. No one can deny that MSU the last couple years have been dominant over the Griz in the Big 3. (if 2of3 in football is dominant)
Your comment about wondering if they will ever recover is hilarious, your run is still in its infancy so slow your role.
From 86-2009 Griz won 23of 24 against the cats in football. from 2011 2020 Griz won 15of16 in mens basketball.
I thonk the Griz will recover just fine and a lot sooner than it took the Cats.
Mav, check your football stats: MSU won 3/4 between 2002 and 2005. I agree the Cats have a way to go before equaling Montana's dominance of the mid 80s to 2001, but it wasn't quite that dominant.

CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:

Nailed it! :lol:

I agree. The on the field performance and even the performance of MSU the school itself speak for themselves lately but still too many "little brother" attitudes.

Not sure you can call it total domination in Basketball when the cat Basketball teams beat the Griz Basketball teams by a combined 6 points on Saturday. You would think with the Lady Griz having an all Freshmen backcourt and the cat women having an all Senior backcourt that you guys would have been able to wipe us out on your home floor and not need a missed layup in the final seconds to win. Wouldn't that be hilarious if the Griz and/or Lady Griz eliminated the cats at the conference tournament in a couple weeks. I sure wouldn't wanna face either of them with how well they are playing, and on a neutral court in Boise? I'd be bracing yourself! So don't act like your a million miles ahead of us in Basketball. March is around the corner!

poorgriz said:

You’ve won the series trophy for 6 years in a row. Not 10. Griz won the first 3. If you are going to spew your insecure garbage, at least spit some facts.

poorgriz said:

Good job so far on the year. Basketball tournaments should be fun. Sounds like the cats will win both from your post and likely make a little run in the NCAA tournament. A preemptive congrats on that also. I can see why the Griz have turned you into a weirdo. Didn't realize your mens basketball team just won their first game in Missoula since 2010, and won 1, I repeat, 1 game against the Griz from 2011 to 2020. Take a minute to wrap your head around that. Unless that's a typo that's hard to even believe, but it does explain your exasperation. The fact is that your little streaks don't hold a candle to what we've done to you. So no harm, no foul. I hadn't heard of the all sports trophy so that's pretty cool too. Maybe in a couple decades UM will recover and win another football game as it's been just over a year since our last win against you. Your lack of perspective is impressive, but again, understandable.

Lady Griz are 85-30 vs. the Lady Cats. Sweep for the next 27 years and you can yap some more. And don’t comeback with any living in the past bs. Last weekend is in the past isn’t it?

The cats are having an undeniably very good last 3 years. If only our poor grizzlies knew what it was like to have 2 or 3 good years in a row……

This is the most little brother post ever. Like running to tell mom as soon as you finally beat big bro in the video game

Meh. Montana could get swept by MSU and still win the conference in regular season in basketball, and host deep into the playoffs in football, if UM took care of business the rest of the season. That just beat the rival stuff gets you nowhere.

Since we are all being honest in this thread... comparatively, um is a large community College when compared with MSU, on any metric you can cherry pick. As far as community colleges go, um has excellent athletic programs.

FlyCastingCat said:
Since we are all being honest in this thread... comparatively, um is a large community College when compared with MSU, on any metric you can cherry pick. As far as community colleges go, um has excellent athletic programs.
If you compare enrollment to Big Sky schools like Davis, Weber, NAU, and Sac State, you could say the exact same thing about MSU.

FlyCastingCat said:

Easy there sugartits. MSU isn't even best ag college, or engineering college in the conference

Alaska Griz said:
poorgriz said:

Good job so far on the year. Basketball tournaments should be fun. Sounds like the cats will win both from your post and likely make a little run in the NCAA tournament. A preemptive congrats on that also. I can see why the Griz have turned you into a weirdo. Didn't realize your mens basketball team just won their first game in Missoula since 2010, and won 1, I repeat, 1 game against the Griz from 2011 to 2020. Take a minute to wrap your head around that. Unless that's a typo that's hard to even believe, but it does explain your exasperation. The fact is that your little streaks don't hold a candle to what we've done to you. So no harm, no foul. I hadn't heard of the all sports trophy so that's pretty cool too. Maybe in a couple decades UM will recover and win another football game as it's been just over a year since our last win against you. Your lack of perspective is impressive, but again, understandable.

This is all so fun. Cat fans, check back in a decade and see how things stand.

FlyCastingCat said:

I guess having a world-renowned forestry and wildlife biology program widely considered as one of the best in the world is commonplace.

Back