• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

To renew or not to renew?

My gut reactions, fair or not:

1. Yes, sometimes it seems expensive. But what do you spend for a day of skiing? Or for that matter, go to the show and get popcorn, pop and candy.

2. INFLATION: My husband and I were talking . . . In the past 20 years, the price of a motorcycle has increased about 10X---and that's for a dirt bike; street bikes are worse. Our salaries have increased maybe 3X. So for Griz football tix to increase now is probably wayyyyy overdue--and far less of an increase than some things.

3. It kind of tees me off to hear the students or parents whining about the athletic fee increase, especially since I've paid students big bucks (before we had season tickets) for football tickets they paid very little for. I think sometimes they actually make money on the whole process.

4. If the powers that be ever want to can the football program because it's too expensive, they need to look at the intangibles that draw students. Granted, many students don't care about sports---but there's a whole aura that goes with a university with a winning tradition, and I know that's what draws some students here.

5. We're not rich by any means, but each year our anniversary present to each other is Griz football season tix. If the price goes up, will we continue? OF COURSE! As long as physically possible!!!

Just my thoughts.

YIKES!! I did NOT put that little green guy in there flipping off. Geez---sometimes the keyboard and I don't get along. Sorry

Grizfanatic -- I liked the little green guy and I thought it was very appropriate!! I agree about the increase, however, I would like to see the Dennison god go away as we are now supposed to pay for thier/his sqrew-up!

If any of you are serious about giving up tickets and not just whinning pm me and I'll take care of them.

Grizfanatic, The students are getting screwed in the grand scheme of things. A 24,000 seat stadium on The CAMPUS of the U of M and only about 3,000 student seats available. That is horse sh--t in a huge way and I am not even a student. Students are the REAL college football fans because they purely love it for their school. Not because of money, or any of the other reasons that most of the mongering alumni have become accustomed to backing Griz football for. Anyway, I live almost 300 miles one way and will gladly renew my seat, pay for gas and eat places like Outback steakhouse ect.. and not bitch a single word even if the Griz go 8-3 or god for bid 9-2. Can't wait to see the Griz running game pound the football all season long!

Long time guest, Finally I decided to Griz up and start posting. Hey try understanding the shock of 180 per hit....plus the hike up in GAA membership when you have 6 tickets......alumni here! Hell yes I am renewing all 6.

How many graduate from UM each year? 300? 500? 1000? I don't know and am too lazy to look it up, however I do know that a percentage of them will want tickets and that my friends is an ongoing thing. Anyone who gives up tickets now because of a "small" increase may never get them back. You can whine if you like but don't sell your tickets....in fact I am looking for two more.

...I love Hoagieville.. Great cheeseburgers and fries..
But a man's gotta pony up and take his wife out for a nice dinner once in awhile, ya' know? :)

havgrizfan said:
Grizfanatic, The students are getting screwed in the grand scheme of things. A 24,000 seat stadium on The CAMPUS of the U of M and only about 3,000 student seats available...
With the expansion last year, student seating was increased to 3,600. Ideally, students would get more seats, but I was glad to see they got something out of the expansion.

Speaking of the expansion, I would have liked it to be 24,000 seats instead of 23,117, but Hogan was conservative. I can't fault him for that - it's better to have sellouts and strong demand. It would have been nice to have those NE wings just little larger.

Back