• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The lack of a run game

PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:
I already schooled you ladies before the season, and once again before this game on this topic. It's obvious that I live in your head, and enjoy doing so. You and the girls should change your Tampax if you want to talk football.

Everything I said pre-game this week was correct. That the O-line would continue to suck, as Bobby has stated in different, more politically-correct terms, and that Akem should be starting over Curran. Curran was not injured, bobby just got tired of his mental errors and inserted Akem, who then proceeded to confirm my evaluations. Keep reading my posts and learn something, or, continue being Ursa Minus.

Curran was injured. He went to the locker room in the 2d quarter with what looked like a shoulder injury, maybe a separation according to a medical professional sitting next to me. Brint told me he got injured in the second series.

I sat in the second row behind the Griz bench. Curran was pulled after he caused a motion penalty, and never returned. He was standing 10 feet from me the rest of the game, with no ice on his shoulder. His body language indicated that he was pissed that he was not in the game. I know you call yourself a "player rep", but you are nothing more than fake news on this board, spinning the facts to advance your agenda.

He went to the locker room during the 2d quarter, or someone wearing no 6 dd (according to the people around me, one of whom is a former Griz player). You need to pay more attention. He's right in front of you and you don't see him taken to the locker room during the 2d quarter? So, you are saying you saw him standing in front of your in the second half. I didn't notice him or look for hm, but I don't know where he was. Yes, I saw him taken out after the false start in the first half.

Ask Brint if he got hurt.

So, you and Brint are the self-anointed authorities on everything Griz? Why don't you let Brint speak for himself. I know he tries hard to distance himself from the MSNBC of Griz Nation, but you continue to stalk him.

CDAGRIZ said:
4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:
I already schooled you ladies before the season, and once again before this game on this topic. It's obvious that I live in your head, and enjoy doing so. You and the girls should change your Tampax if you want to talk football.

Everything I said pre-game this week was correct. That the O-line would continue to suck, as Bobby has stated in different, more politically-correct terms, and that Akem should be starting over Curran. Curran was not injured, bobby just got tired of his mental errors and inserted Akem, who then proceeded to confirm my evaluations. Keep reading my posts and learn something, or, continue being Ursa Minus.

Curran was injured. He went to the locker room in the 2d quarter with what looked like a shoulder injury, maybe a separation according to a medical professional sitting next to me. Brint told me he got injured in the second series.

I sat in the second row behind the Griz bench. Curran was pulled after he caused a motion penalty, and never returned. He was standing 10 feet from me the rest of the game, with no ice on his shoulder. His body language indicated that he was pissed that he was not in the game. I know you call yourself a "player rep", but you are nothing more than fake news on this board, spinning the facts to advance your agenda.

Great insight. The thing about ice is that it can make whatever it touches colder, and it is necessarily applied to every injury no matter what; even buttcrack warts. Injured people also never look pissed.

You are trying to be relevant... to no avail. Lots of professional comedians out of work, but yet you proceed. I suggest you find another avocation, and not within the sports industry.

PlayerRep said:
UM had 26 runs for 133 yards, 3 TD's and an average of 4.6 per rush. Eastwood and Sneed averaged 4.5 and 5 yards per carry. Eastwood scored 2 rushing TD's. The other 2 running backs each had 2 carries.

UM had 1 rush in the 1st quarter. No rushes by rb in 1st drive of 2d quarter. 1 in the second drive, for a short TD. 0 in the 3d drive of 2d quarter. 1 in 4th drive of 2d quarter.

Drake had 37 rushes for 78 yards, and a 2.1 average per carry. 49 of those came on the fake punt. So, .8 average by the running backs and qb in regular rushing. That's the definition of the lack of a running game.

So, from your "funny math", as Dub-ya might say, are we to deduce from your post that the Griz running game was just stellar yesterday??? :lol:

What a hack!

4theluvofgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Great insight. The thing about ice is that it can make whatever it touches colder, and it is necessarily applied to every injury no matter what; even buttcrack warts. Injured people also never look pissed.

You are trying to be relevant... to no avail. Lots of professional comedians out of work, but yet you proceed. I suggest you find another avocation, and not within the sports industry.

I see you're done mowing your dirt. Remember that varsity baseball letter? It's in your butt, right?

4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

He went to the locker room during the 2d quarter, or someone wearing no 6 dd (according to the people around me, one of whom is a former Griz player). You need to pay more attention. He's right in front of you and you don't see him taken to the locker room during the 2d quarter? So, you are saying you saw him standing in front of your in the second half. I didn't notice him or look for hm, but I don't know where he was. Yes, I saw him taken out after the false start in the first half.

So, you and Brint are the self-anointed authorities on everything Griz? Why don't you let Brint speak for himself. I know he tries hard to distance himself from the MSNBC of Griz Nation, but you continue to stalk him.

Brint is one of my good friends. I like his tailgate. I like his parents. We text during the games sometimes, as we did yesterday. We see each other at qb club. Brint gets fed a lot of information. Why are you so jealous of people who actually have good information about the Griz?

4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
UM had 26 runs for 133 yards, 3 TD's and an average of 4.6 per rush. Eastwood and Sneed averaged 4.5 and 5 yards per carry. Eastwood scored 2 rushing TD's. The other 2 running backs each had 2 carries.

UM had 1 rush in the 1st quarter. No rushes by rb in 1st drive of 2d quarter. 1 in the second drive, for a short TD. 0 in the 3d drive of 2d quarter. 1 in 4th drive of 2d quarter.

Drake had 37 rushes for 78 yards, and a 2.1 average per carry. 49 of those came on the fake punt. So, .8 average by the running backs and qb in regular rushing. That's the definition of the lack of a running game.

So, from your "funny math", as Dub-ya might say, are we to deduce from your post that the Griz running game was just stellar yesterday??? :lol:

What a hack!

I've heard you're actually the one who sports a vanity 5 cap but shits the bed whenever 4 footers aren't good and you have to count your third breakfast ball. More like a 13.

4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

What a hack!

You and others can deduce what you want. I just provided the stats from the stats sheet. Other than saying Drake's running game was really bad yesterday, I made no comment on the stats or the running games. And, as opposed to you, who has never gotten a stat right in his life, I believe my stats are correct.

Why are you so jealous of people who can provide correct stats?

Ursus1 said:
With the pressure Sneed was under I do not think it is they are better pass blockers. Bobby knew was an issue when took the job but really haven't seen much transfer help. Thought he would get a couple JC or dropdowns that would make the starting lineup, but that wasn't the case. Thought for a few years now Germer would make something out of the crew, but not showing up.

Under-rated post. Time for Germer to earn his paycheck. How many years will we have to wait for results from this position group? I know my comment won't be popular, but think of the last time you felt good about the Griz O-line...

4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

What a hack!

The term you're grasping for is Fuzzy Math. It was President George H. W. Bush, not his son, that popularized the term.

You post like old people screw.

SoldierGriz said:
Ursus1 said:
With the pressure Sneed was under I do not think it is they are better pass blockers. Bobby knew was an issue when took the job but really haven't seen much transfer help. Thought he would get a couple JC or dropdowns that would make the starting lineup, but that wasn't the case. Thought for a few years now Germer would make something out of the crew, but not showing up.

Under-rated post. Time for Germer to earn his paycheck. How many years will we have to wait for results from this position group? I know my comment won't be popular, but think of the last time you felt good about the Griz O-line...

Last year was the last time I felt good about the o-line.

4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

From yesterday's game thread:

"Re: OFFICIAL: Drake Game Day Thread
Report this post Quote
Post by Da Boyz Mom » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:02 pm

uofmman1122 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:56 pm
Is Curran injured? I didn’t see him in the game after his false start, figured that was why.
TV said he went to the locker room for some type of injury but I don't know when or how it happened."

Hey Growler, I thought you said you watched Curran from your second row seat, as he was right in front of you? Looks like you missed him going to the locker room. Why would he go to the locker room in 2d quarter, and why would the tv guys say it was for some type of injury--if he was fine and standing in front of you for the whole game after he came out.

Man, you really have lost anything you once had regarding football.

After 18 years of UM message boards, one would think that you would have learned never challenge Brint or me on the facts.

PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
4theluvofgriz said:

From yesterday's game thread:

"Re: OFFICIAL: Drake Game Day Thread
Report this post Quote
Post by Da Boyz Mom » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:02 pm

uofmman1122 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:56 pm
Is Curran injured? I didn’t see him in the game after his false start, figured that was why.
TV said he went to the locker room for some type of injury but I don't know when or how it happened."

Hey Growler, I thought you said you watched Curran from your second row seat, as he was right in front of you? Looks like you missed him going to the locker room. Why would he go to the locker room in 2d quarter, and why would the tv guys say it was for some type of injury--if he was fine and standing in front of you for the whole game after he came out.

Man, you really have lost anything you once had regarding football.

After 18 years of UM message boards, one would think that you would have learned never challenge Brint or me on the facts.

I was watching on tv and he did go to the locker room and returned after the half. He was also shown several times on the sideline coaching up and encouraging the other receivers and not once looked discouraged or upset.

Who is 4theluvofgriz anyway and why does he think he’s so important? Y’all act like this guys a big deal. Growler? Never heard of him. Never once read a post by him so he must be a nobody.

PlayerRep said:

Those numbers are severely skewed by a 37 yard run that probably only occurred due to the situation it was in. Hauck basically alluded to that in the post game.

With those limited numbers, you’d think that some of those runs would have done a better job of catching the D off guard, most likely gaining more yards.

I’d have no problem attributing this to our dominant D, while at the same time not giving Drake’s D much credit for our running woes.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

Those numbers are severely skewed by a 37 yard run that probably only occurred due to the situation it was in. Hauck basically alluded to that in the post game.

With those limited numbers, you’d think that some of those runs would have done a better job of catching the D off guard, most likely gaining more yards.

I’d have no problem attributing this to our dominant D, while at the same time not giving Drake’s D much credit for our running woes.

25 for 96 is still almost 4 yards per carry.

No, I don't think more runs would have caught Drake off guard.

I don't give Drake D much credit for UM's rushing numbers, except they stuffed us on 3d and short a bunch of times, just like the prior week.

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

I don't give Drake D much credit for UM's rushing numbers, except they stuffed us on 3d and short a bunch of times, just like the prior week.

So in your original post you took out the fake punt to show that Drake only ran for 0.8 ypc. In my original post to start the thread, I took out the QB’s numbers and the one long run by Eastwood on 4th and 1 with all 11 defenders in the box to show that we had 1.4 ypc but you insist on keeping those numbers to skew the stats to show that our ypc is ok when it’s not.

You also misread my 2nd point. I wasn’t saying MORE runs would have caught Drake off guard. You pointed out the limited amount of attempts we had and I was saying those limited attempts should have been more surprising, gaining more yards.

On my third point I wasn’t giving Drake’s D any credit. I’m saying our O line can’t move a turd, let alone a D lineman. I give our D all the credit for Drake’s rushing woes though.

PR, normally your better with reading comprehension. Maybe that growler douche has you a bit out of sorts today. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

So in your original post you took out the fake punt to show that Drake only ran for 0.8 ypc. In my original post to start the thread, I took out the QB’s numbers and the one long run by Eastwood on 4th and 1 with all 11 defenders in the box to show that we had 1.4 ypc but you insist on keeping those numbers to skew the stats to show that our ypc is ok when it’s not.

You also misread my 2nd point. I wasn’t saying MORE runs would have caught Drake off guard. You pointed out the limited amount of attempts we had and I was saying those limited attempts should have been more surprising, gaining more yards.

On my third point I wasn’t giving Drake’s D any credit. I’m saying our O line can’t move a turd, let alone a D lineman. I give our D all the credit for Drake’s rushing woes though.

PR, normally your better with reading comprehension. Maybe that growler douche has you a bit out of sorts today. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

🤣

The question I have is why are we not running outside of the tackles. It seems like every time the running backs got the ball they went into the middle of the line and couldn't get anywhere.

Our online is not set up to do running plays. I am not saying they can't do them. But when they get to the line the tackles have their arms on their knees in starting pass protection. So they will never get lower than the d lineman they face. None of the line has a punch to shock the d line, every one of their first steps is back and stand straight up to try and catch the d lineman coming at them, by then they already lost the momentum battle.

Haven't read anything in this thread and just glancing as I scroll down the page.........

IMO I have never seen a Hauck coached team that has so blatantly given up on the running game. By that I mean they don't even seem to be trying to establish one....Makes me think either they are saving it for conference, not likely, or they realize they won't be running the ball much (take away QB scrambles) and have decided to emphases and hone in the short passing game....Use the short passing game to open everything else up...Also take advantage of a very good WR group.......Might not be a bad idea given the circumstances.....we'll see!

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
Ursus1 said:

Last year was the last time I felt good about the o-line.

They were and they are far from what we used to see year in and year out...last year was no exception. This year is a slide backward.

I will say that Hauck teams of the past started seasons much slower than they finished...they always improved. Hope that's the case this season.

Latest posts

Back