• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Surprised everyone

mtgrizrule said:
Catsrgrood said:
Copper Griz said:
yellowstone60 said:
I am MORE than sure, Bank on it !

I hope you are right and I think the Griz get a win at home. Anderson is a beast. No question about it, but this will three years in a row that the Cats are very one dimensional. I am confident we will see better defensive schemes by the Griz. Really the game comes down to giving Sneed some time. If he gets it he has the receivers to do some damage. Once again this game comes down to the trenches. It will be interesting for sure and I bet there is no walking/trotting out of the tunnel this year.

The game will be interesting for sure. I don’t see a blowout happening either way. I never predict a winner on this one because it’s such a 50/50 game.
To your point about making sure Sneed has time to get it to the receivers, that will be a really interesting matchup to watch.
The strength of the Cats D is undoubtedly their D-line and the weakness to the Griz offense undoubtedly has to be their O-line. The Cats secondary is as good as it’s been in years too, so I think they’ll stick with the receivers pretty well. The weakness is the LB’s and they’ve been susceptible to big plays on the outside all year, a la JLM. So that’s where I’m really hoping the Cats have a plan.

I would definitely run Akem and Toure out of the slot some as well. That leaves the Cats the choice of moving a LB or Safety outside on JLM or Sulser, or sticking with either of the 2 (Akem/Toure) in the slot. Either way, that is a matchup nightmare for the Cats. Also sprinkle in a lot of 3 TE sets to improve our run blocking and test the Cat LB coverage skills on TE's. Their is a lot Rosenbach can do to test the Cat linebackers in pass coverage.

As for defending the Cats, rotate Buss, Olson, Robertson, Miller spying on him. I'd say Hauck too, but Anderson could absolutely destroy Hauck 1 on 1. Hauck just doesn't have the size to take on Anderson as a spy. Hell Anderson might do that to the others at a 50/50 clip. I wish we had Anderson. That guy is the very definition of Football Player.

Anderson ain’t destroying Buss or Olson. He might OUTRUN them, but he ain’t destroying them.

Back