• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Statement from Jeremy Calhoun

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
retiredpopo said:
so funny that so many (not all of course) think that if JC would have played he would have had a great game and we would have beaten the cats. For all anyone knows he might have fumbled the ball more than once. He might have gotten stuffed on several carries.

don't get in the way of kem's narrative!
[/quote

Kem has a view. You are the one with the narrative.

kem uses his personal preferences to conjure situations that "would have" happened, without considering they might not have - i.e. the griz winning if calhoun plays the last two games.

Most people I know, including many posters on egriz, believe Calhoun was better than Eastwood. I assume Kem believes that Calhoun would have been more likely to gain more yards in the game, score on the goal line, not lose yards, and not fumble, than Eastwood. I know I do. My view has absolutely nothing to do with an agenda. It is based on watching Calhoun for 4 years and Eastwood for 1 year. In the case of Kem and myself, it is also based on having played college football. In my case, I was a high school running back too.

Also, note that Green/Hauck had put Calhoun back in the starting running back position for the last 2 games Calhoun played.

What's your basis or credentials for your view?

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
don't get in the way of kem's narrative!
[/quote

Kem has a view. You are the one with the narrative.

kem uses his personal preferences to conjure situations that "would have" happened, without considering they might not have - i.e. the griz winning if calhoun plays the last two games.

Most people I know, including many posters on egriz, believe Calhoun was better than Eastwood. I assume Kem believes that Calhoun would have been more likely to gain more yards in the game, score on the goal line, not lose yards, and not fumble, than Eastwood. I know I do. My view has absolutely nothing to do with an agenda. It is based on watching Calhoun for 4 years and Eastwood for 1 year. In the case of Kem and myself, it is also based on having played college football. In my case, I was a high school running back too.

Also, note that Green/Hauck had put Calhoun back in the starting running back position for the last 2 games Calhoun played.

What's your basis or credentials for your view?

oh, in a perfect world where calhoun's abilities were matched against eastwood, etcs, without the unexpected happening, i agree that calhoun would have made a difference. my basis and credentials are that i realize it isn't a perfect world, and you can't go back and claim one result or another based on hypotheticals. too many variables involved.

PlayerRep said:
retiredpopo said:
so funny that so many (not all of course) think that if JC would have played he would have had a great game and we would have beaten the cats. For all anyone knows he might have fumbled the ball more than once. He might have gotten stuffed on several carries. Bottom line is he did not play, reading some of these posts you would have thought he was Kareem Hunt. BH did what he wanted to do and more importantly has been give the power to do...time to move on. I seriously doubt JC will be an impact player next year where ever he ends up if he ends up anywhere, but if he is, more power to him.

Calhoun had not fumbled once this season. He had just rushed for almost 100 yards in the prior game. He averaged 5.0 yards per carry this season. He had lost only 3 yards rushing this season. He had had very good seasons the 3 prior years. He ended up with 5 fumbles in 4 years ago UM. Why would you think what you just said.

Personally, compared to what you just said, I think it was much more likely that he would have carried for 250 yards and had 4 TD's. With no fumbles.

I won't tell what I think of your post, but it's much worse than funny.
yup he might have scored 7 touchdowns and rushed for 500 yards but none of that happened he was not on the team and is not on the team nor will he ever be on the team again. BH did what he did all the bitching and complaining is not going to change that, no one will ever freaking know what would have been, it is time to move on that is why I think what I said.

If Calhoun was so integral to Bobby's plans, why was he used only enough to lose a year of eligibility?

PhxGriz said:
If Calhoun was so integral to Bobby's plans, why was he used only enough to lose a year of eligibility?
Because he was in the Dog house so to speak!

While I don't think what Bobby did was right, all this boils down to the fact that Calhoun screwed himself. He got himself in trouble & got suspended for the first 2 games. What would've happened to our season if he never got in the bar fight & ended up the #1 back from game 1 on? He dug his own grave.

PlayerRep said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
Me either. You'd have to ask Hauck that question.

Hauck doesn't believe that. Who are the "many" you said believe that? And why do they believe it? I assume you didn't just make this up?

How is this difficult to understand.....Jeremy comes to Hauck and asks him to sit out games, in the most important stretch of the season to extend his career at Montana.....it probably took Bobby 2 minutes to ponder these questions...

Is Jeremy a good RB? YES
Has he done everything off the field that I expect of my players? NO
Has he been performing in the classroom as I expect my players to do so? NO
Have I had to discipline him more than once for his actions off the field? YES
Has this kid really shown me anything that he deserves for me to help him out extending his career here? NO
Is he helping his team by sitting out the end of the season? NO

Easy decision, hes not worth the extra effort, hes not worth Bobby giving him special help with this, Bobby owes him nothing.

Again, how was what Hauck did good for him and bad for the team? Or, maybe you weren't addressing that point.

Personally, I think Jeremy playing the last 2 games, helping the Griz beat the Cats and get into the playoffs, and helping the team win a playoff game would have been a huge help to the team. Don't see how anything helped Hauck, other than him clearly making a statement that the coach runs the team and makes decisions like this, which is the way I always thought it was when I played college football and should be the way it is.

I didnt say Hauck did good for himself. I would have done the same thing Bobby did in this scenario.

Dillon said:
PhxGriz said:

Which is part of Bobby changing the culture of this program...

Listen people...Bobby has to do shit like this, make decisions like this to turn this team around. To give us all the teams we want and expect, he has to shake things up, he has to send messages to these players that say you know what, fuck you, youre not bigger then this program and we will move on without you.

I dont understand why everyone is not willing to except that these are necessary changes. The things weve been doing the last 7 years havent gotten us what we want.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Dillon said:
PhxGriz said:

Which is part of Bobby changing the culture of this program...

Listen people...Bobby has to do shit like this, make decisions like this to turn this team around. To give us all the teams we want and expect, he has to shake things up, he has to send messages to these players that say you know what, f*** you, youre not bigger then this program and we will move on without you.

I dont understand why everyone is not willing to except that these are necessary changes. The things weve been doing the last 7 years havent gotten us what we want.

Neither did the 7 years prior. Lol

In fact it has been 17 years

PlayerRep said:
grizband said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:
Just like JC screwed this team in 2018?

you really think the griz would've got in the playoffs by beating the bobs? and that if calhoun had played, they necessarily would have?

clairvoyant.
I fully believe if the Griz beat the Cats, they would have been included in the playoffs.

Me too.

And probably with the same result. Beat UIW handily and get blasted by NDSU :)

Walkon79 said:
PlayerRep said:
grizband said:
argh! said:
you really think the griz would've got in the playoffs by beating the bobs? and that if calhoun had played, they necessarily would have?

clairvoyant.
I fully believe if the Griz beat the Cats, they would have been included in the playoffs.

Me too.

I'd actually bet pretty heavily that they'd instead send us to Weber or EWU, since we didn't play either of them during the season.

uofmman1122 said:
Walkon79 said:
PlayerRep said:
grizband said:
Me too.
I'd actually bet pretty heavily that they'd instead send us to Weber or EWU, since we didn't play either of them during the season.
Agree: Win almost certainly means a bid (based on comparison to the many, many other 7-4 teams). "Regionalization" and lack of regular-season matchups sends UM to one or the other (no guess as to where). Barring a small miracle, Griz get pummeled. A (very unlikely) win might have meant a home game next -- depending upon who they beat.

Fun to think about, but didn't happen.

kemajic said:
Dillon said:
PhxGriz said:
And had yet another concussion.

Kem, he just got blasted when he got the last concussion. The defender launched, led with crown of the helmet contacted above the shoulders, was textbook targeting but wasn’t called. I looked at it again before I posted this. Was a vicious illegal hit I believe anyone would have been concussed from that hit. Jc is a tough kid who played hard. Unlucky maybe, but certainly not soft or not tough. My understanding is that he was well thought of by pretty much everyone on the team and coaches except for BH. The majority of outgoing seniors and upper class men were not happy how jc was treated this past season and wanted him to come back next season to play. I’m thinking that his brother leaves also unfortunately.

Back