• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring Game Thread:

PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:
Clearly you should take the reins for coach Hauck. Harris played 4 plays against a piece together defense. Last throw went over the lowest corner on the roster.

Shouldn’t the #1 offense score against the #2 defense? Because that was the case in the first 3 TDS. Olsen played 2 series. Lewis player 4. Robertson might be the best DB and didn’t play. How many times did you see Baer bring pressure? I counted 5 all game, which isn’t him. Clueless.

Harris played at least 5 plays. Ha.

3-3 for 106 yards and 1 TD. Completions of 64, 27 and 5.

Wait you’re right he did hand the ball off twice. Completions of a slant to Toure (All Big Sky receiver) that had 51 YAC. Fade over the lowest corner on the roster (didn’t look off a safety because there’s no need in a 1 high look to a singled up WR). And a hitch.

Point is where has he been the rest of spring?

I call BS on 51 YAC. It was a mid route down the middle and not a quick slant. That's why multiple posters said he looked off the defender(s), which I saw too.

You are too biased to post on this subject, in my view. Are you a Graves fan? I have never understood fans of a player who come on egriz and bad mouth other Griz players.

How would you rate Graves today? I see he carried 5 times for minus 16 yards with a long of 2.

I didn’t say quick slant. Slants are usually caught at 10 yards it’s not hard to believe it was caught at 13. I don’t mean to take that 1 throw away from him, it was a good one, but it was only one that the stat sheet will make look better than it was.

Not a Graves fan, and not anti-Harris. I just don’t think everyone needs to jump on the train after after 1 spring prac when I haven’t seen much of him up to date? Given the circumstances of the situation as opposed to what the stat sheet will say. I’m regards to the fade, I saw no rotation in the secondary as the corner bailed early and the WR was a single threat. There’s no need to look off a safety in a 1 high look when targeting a single speed, if you saw it differently all the power to you.

Again not a proponent of Graves, I think he’s young and no doubt has to develop. I do think the stat sheet is unfair when it comes to his rushing stats when he only has to be touched.

Really, I didn’t mean to downplay anyone. I think we as fans (myself not excluded) get on here and make statements in which we don’t know what we are talking about. The defense has been the strength of the team up til this point, and the original poster was saying things in which I don’t think was fair to that side of the ball specifically, so simply wanted to play devils advocate on all points.

Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:
Harris played at least 5 plays. Ha.

3-3 for 106 yards and 1 TD. Completions of 64, 27 and 5.

Wait you’re right he did hand the ball off twice. Completions of a slant to Toure (All Big Sky receiver) that had 51 YAC. Fade over the lowest corner on the roster (didn’t look off a safety because there’s no need in a 1 high look to a singled up WR). And a hitch.

I call BS on 51 YAC. It was a mid route down the middle and not a quick slant. That's why multiple posters said he looked off the defender(s), which I saw too.

You are too biased to post on this subject, in my view. Are you a Graves fan? I have never understood fans of a player who come on egriz and bad mouth other Griz players.

How would you rate Graves today? I see he carried 5 times for minus 16 yards with a long of 2.

I didn’t say quick slant. Slants are usually caught at 10 yards it’s not hard to believe it was caught at 13. I don’t mean to take that 1 throw away from him, it was a good one, but it was only one that the stat sheet will make look better than it was.

Not a Graves fan, and not anti-Harris. I just don’t think everyone needs to jump on the train after after 1 spring prac when I haven’t seen much of him up to date? Given the circumstances of the situation as opposed to what the stat sheet will say. I’m regards to the fade, I saw no rotation in the secondary as the corner bailed early and the WR was a single threat. There’s no need to look off a safety in a 1 high look when targeting a single speed, if you saw it differently all the power to you.

Again not a proponent of Graves, I think he’s young and no doubt has to develop. I do think the stat sheet is unfair when it comes to his rushing stats when he only has to be touched.

Really, I didn’t mean to downplay anyone. I think we as fans (myself not excluded) get on here and make statements in which we don’t know what we are talking about. The defense has been the strength of the team up til this point, and the original poster was saying things in which I don’t think was fair to that side of the ball specifically, so simply wanted to play devils advocate on all points.

Isn't a slant a short quick route, by definition? Google it.

Should we make a wager on the YAC on that TD?

Don't know why you keep talking about looking off a safety on the wrong play. It was on the play you think was a slant.

PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:

Don't know why you keep talking about looking off a safety on the wrong play. It was on the play you think was a slant.

Haha absolutely it is, and they tend to be caught at 10 yards but this one was caught at 13. If I can post a video of the film, I will. What do you think the route was?

Someone earlier mentioned it was on the deep ball, and I took that it was the fade thrown on the away sideline.

You keep coming back to the 1 throw but have yet to meet any of my other points? I said it was a good throw? But again, where has he been all spring? Has the defense been that bad all spring that OP is right in his questioning of them?

Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:

Haha absolutely it is, and they tend to be caught at 10 yards but this one was caught at 13. If I can post a video of the film, I will. What do you think the route was?

Someone earlier mentioned it was on the deep ball, and I took that it was the fade thrown on the away sideline.

You keep coming back to the 1 throw but have yet to meet any of my other points? I said it was a good throw? But again, where has he been all spring? Has the defense been that bad all spring that OP is right in his questioning of them?

I assume the reason you got goofed up by the description of the throw down the middle is because you are the only one who thinks it was a short pass. Others seem to agree that it was a longer throw. Also, some of us were at the scrimmage, so we could see how Harris looked right, and then came back to the middle with the throw. Sure, give us a video. Maybe all of us are wrong.

By the way, I'm not sure I'd call the other throw to 2, a fade. Didn't seem like a fade to me.

Don't know why I should be answering your questions. I merely supplied Harris' scrimmage stats and agree with multiple posters that his thrown down the middle was nice. The bigger question is why, when Harris' stats were provided and several said he'd had a nice throw, that you started undercutting him. Seemed odd to me. Nobody said Harris should be the starter or is wonderful.

Both defense and offense have looked pretty good in the practices I've attended. Defense has had some guys hurt. I could see a transfer corner showing up later.

Questions for you. Were you at the scrimmage? Assume you weren't. Were you at any practices this spring? I was. Harris was busy working to learn the offense and improve, and making a lot of nice throws. He has a nice arm. Hauck told me that, by the way, but I've observed it too. Harris' grandfather played qb for Western Michigan (or Eastern) and then a bit at Michigan. I don't know if Harris will progress into a top qb, but is is clear that he has a nice arm and throws a nice-looking ball.

Graves looked like a solid quarterback prospect. Harris looked like he processed the plays quicker and made the throws on time with his limited reps...nice young prospect.

Akem is going to have a monster year.

Missoula223 said:
jcu27 said:
Knight is clearly the #1 back. Graves should be at RB. Harris looked legit. Akem is going to be a boss in the bsc. Pretty worried about our defense. Allowed way too many big plays. Coverage was blown pretty consistently. All these passing teams in the bsc will key in on that so somethings got to change in a major way. Looked like a 7-8 win team. Defense improves a lot.. 9-11

Clearly you should take the reins for coach Hauck. Harris played 4 plays against a piece together defense. Last throw went over the lowest corner on the roster.

Shouldn’t the #1 offense score against the #2 defense? Because that was the case in the first 3 TDS. Olsen played 2 series. Lewis player 4. Robertson might be the best DB and didn’t play. How many times did you see Baer bring pressure? I counted 5 all game, which isn’t him. Clueless.

Are you Graves boyfriend? Quit being a whiney bitch. I called it how I saw it. A spade is a spade and graves isn't a qb.

PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:

I assume the reason you got goofed up by the description of the throw down the middle is because you are the only one who thinks it was a short pass. Others seem to agree that it was a longer throw. Also, some of us were at the scrimmage, so we could see how Harris looked right, and then came back to the middle with the throw. Sure, give us a video. Maybe all of us are wrong.

By the way, I'm not sure I'd call the other throw to 2, a fade. Didn't seem like a fade to me.

Don't know why I should be answering your questions. I merely supplied Harris' scrimmage stats and agree with multiple posters that his thrown down the middle was nice. The bigger question is why, when Harris' stats were provided and several said he'd had a nice throw, that you started undercutting him. Seemed odd to me. Nobody said Harris should be the starter or is wonderful.

Both defense and offense have looked pretty good in the practices I've attended. Defense has had some guys hurt. I could see a transfer corner showing up later.

Questions for you. Were you at the scrimmage? Assume you weren't. Were you at any practices this spring? I was. Harris was busy working to learn the offense and improve, and making a lot of nice throws. He has a nice arm. Hauck told me that, by the way, but I've observed it too. Harris' grandfather played qb for Western Michigan (or Eastern) and then a bit at Michigan. I don't know if Harris will progress into a top qb, but is is clear that he has a nice arm and throws a nice-looking ball.

This.

If you attended the scrimmage, you got to see everything. If you relied on SWX to cover the game, you came up very short. Showing linemen catching passes or punts, and small kids running around during halftime was worthy of coverage, but actual scrimmage action was interrupted for commercials. SWX is a joke.

jcu27 said:
PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:

This.

Just watched the posted video and now can definitively say that Harris may or may not have been looking off Toure, or just tracking his cut on the slant. It was a good throw, in stride, that may or may not have covered somewhere between 10 and 17 yards. Hope this clears up the controversy and settles all football questions for the remainder of the decade.

PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:

I never said it was short. I said it was a slant. Which are usually caught at 10 but with a faster receiver can be caught later in the route, up to 20 yards even depending on the trajectory of the throw. You keep circling back to that, but I have said it was a good throw so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make?

I said in one of my previous statements, that OP was making statements that I felt were premature, including Harris looking legit, and also that the defense had a long way to go, so I provided counter points. Which again, did no one else notice why the defense never pressured other than 3rd and short?

I was at the scrimmage, and have been at every practice. Harris rarely, rarely takes reps. And when he does, who is he playing against? He completed the "slant" or whatever you want to call it to Toure who was being guarded by Jalen Hemphill (walk on also not as good as brother Kadeem Hemphill). And the ball down the far sideline was definitely a fade over walk on corner Nick Fouch, you're crazy if you think otherwise. What is Hauck supposed to say about Harris? Of course he is going to say good things. As much as this has turned into me bad mouthing Harris, I don't think he's a bad player. But based on the scrimmage it's too soon to be all over his nuts like everyone on the Forum.

jcu27 said:
Missoula223 said:
jcu27 said:
Knight is clearly the #1 back. Graves should be at RB. Harris looked legit. Akem is going to be a boss in the bsc. Pretty worried about our defense. Allowed way too many big plays. Coverage was blown pretty consistently. All these passing teams in the bsc will key in on that so somethings got to change in a major way. Looked like a 7-8 win team. Defense improves a lot.. 9-11

Are you Graves boyfriend? Quit being a whiney bitch. I called it how I saw it. A spade is a spade and graves isn't a qb.

Where in my response did I say anything positive about Graves exactly? Name calling, though, classic, instead of addressing my points regarding the defense that you're so concerned about.

Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:

I never said it was short. I said it was a slant. Which are usually caught at 10 but with a faster receiver can be caught later in the route, up to 20 yards even depending on the trajectory of the throw. You keep circling back to that, but I have said it was a good throw so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make?

I said in one of my previous statements, that OP was making statements that I felt were premature, including Harris looking legit, and also that the defense had a long way to go, so I provided counter points. Which again, did no one else notice why the defense never pressured other than 3rd and short?

I was at the scrimmage, and have been at every practice. Harris rarely, rarely takes reps. And when he does, who is he playing against? He completed the "slant" or whatever you want to call it to Toure who was being guarded by Jalen Hemphill (walk on also not as good as brother Kadeem Hemphill). And the ball down the far sideline was definitely a fade over walk on corner Nick Fouch, you're crazy if you think otherwise. What is Hauck supposed to say about Harris? Of course he is going to say good things. As much as this has turned into me bad mouthing Harris, I don't think he's a bad player. But based on the scrimmage it's too soon to be all over his nuts like everyone on the Forum.

I saw exactly 2 people comment on Harris....and it was that “Harris looked legit”. That’s a far cry from “everyone” and going 3-3 for 106 and a TD is pretty good at any level. Why so defensive on this Harris thing?

HookedonGriz said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:

I saw exactly 2 people comment on Harris....and it was that “Harris looked legit”. That’s a far cry from “everyone” and going 3-3 for 106 and a TD is pretty good at any level. Why so defensive on this Harris thing?

I'm really not that opposed to Harris, I just think premature to have that mindset when he hasn't done much all spring. Why did he only get 2 series? Which were in fact only 5 plays?

I think any coach ever would tell you that stats don't mean much when you take the circumstances into account.

SaskGriz said:
Just watched the posted video and now can definitively say that Harris may or may not have been looking off Toure, or just tracking his cut on the slant. It was a good throw, in stride, that may or may not have covered somewhere between 10 and 17 yards. Hope this clears up the controversy and settles all football questions for the remainder of the decade.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, that should cover it, Sask! I look forward to the peace and harmony for the eight and a half months remaining in this decade. :roll:

HookedonGriz said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:

And I didn't even say Harris was "legit". Just posted his stats and said it was a nice throw.

Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:

If you were at every practice, then you have to be associated with the UM program. I find it highly inappropriate for you to be posting what you have on egriz. I see that you said last year that you were at the MT state hoops tourney.

Hauck volunteered what he said about Harris' arm. He didn't have to say anything, but he did.

If you have been at every practice, then what do you think of his arm? No one who has watched him throw can say that he doesn't have a good arm, in my view.

I know about the receivers and d-backs in coverage on these plays. I would ask you a question or two. Why didn't the receivers make catches this long and TD's, and why didn't the d-backs give up long passes and TD's, on more plays, instead of just doing what they did on the throws made by Harris. If Harris is so bad, why didn't the other qb's do better. Why aren't you undercutting Sneed by pointing out this his TD was a shorter catch and fun?

Missoula223 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Missoula223 said:
PlayerRep said:

I'm really not that opposed to Harris, I just think premature to have that mindset when he hasn't done much all spring. Why did he only get 2 series? Which were in fact only 5 plays?

I think any coach ever would tell you that stats don't mean much when you take the circumstances into account.

Why do you keep bringing up stuff about Harris, when no one has said anything to cause you to undercut him? Does it offend you that some people noticed he was 3-3 for 106 yards and 1 TD, with one particularly nice pass?

I think any coach would say that it's inappropriate for someone associated with the football program to be saying some of what you have been saying on the internet.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
mtgrizrule said:
Harris TD pass to Toure was very impressive. He looked off the coverage, came back to Toure, with an absolute perfect pass. Then he hits Flowers for a long gain, setting up a short Turner TD run. Wheeler is looking better than Graves. Humphrey had a few tough drops by intended receivers.

Agree that Harris had great look off and perfect
throw. In 2 short series, was 3-3 for about 110 and 1 Td. His team got TD’s in both of his series.

Seems odd that Graves got all the other series. On the other hand, he seems to need the work.

If we have:

Sneed
Humphrey
Harris

And all look good/capable I really hope they don’t waste Graves at QB for another year. They need to get that kid on the field.
Don’t forget that Harris was a preferred walk on at Alabama so the kids got talent.

Harris also has an FBS national championship ring.

Back