• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring Depression: Pluto replaying Griz/Scat game

mtgrizrule said:
poorgriz said:
UMAlum said:
ABQCat said:
If somebody watches to the end perhaps they could share some valuable insight if the timeout came before the snap....

I watched. They showed a slow mo close up of the TD being signaled, the cannon going off, and the Griz victory chant commencing all BEFORE the timeout was called. We got robbed!!

lol! That all may be true, but unfortunately for all the conspiracy theorists out there - there was that pesky referee whistle before the snap, plain as day. :dead:
It wasn't plain as day. I watched and listened to the play in question, over and over, with surround sound on. Did I hear a whistle? I vaguely heard 1 whistle, just after the snap. Do I believe the Cats requested the timeout, before the whistle? At this level, I do believe it. However, as of yet, we still haven't had anyone provide 100% proof of it. All we can go by are our own opinions. I do know, your claim about the pesky referee whistle,is 100% wrong, based on what the broadcast provided.

Well maybe people hear what they want to hear. I clearly heard a whistle, and saw several refs running in blowing the play dead, and this was after Choate told the ref beside him to be ready because he was going to call a time out before the snap. The ONLY outstanding question here is where Choate was standing when he called the timeout, because apparently that's important to PR.

Wait, what? I just re read your post. You said you heard a whistle AFTER the snap? If you didn't hear a whistle before the snap, you're probably going deaf, or you need better surround sound.

I’m at the point where I’m glad the fumble happened. Seriously!
It has become the greatest play in the history of bobcat football. Think about that for a sec: their best play—ever—was simply a fuck-up by us.
Nothing says “lil bro” more than that

garizzalies said:
It has become the greatest play in the history of bobcat football. Think about that for a sec: their best play—ever—was simply a f***[*] by us.

What an odd point of view. Which part is your f up, the timeout, or the fumble?

Pretty sure the best play in Bobcat history would be Joe Roberts pick six in 1984 from our own 13 down by 4 with just about 4 minutes left, with Rhode Island driving to put the game away, sending us to the NC game which we would end up winning. But I guess by your logic this is also pathetic since... it was a mistake by RI?

CatzWillRise said:
garizzalies said:
It has become the greatest play in the history of bobcat football. Think about that for a sec: their best play—ever—was simply a f***[*] by us.

Pretty sure the best play in Bobcat history would be Joe Roberts pick six in 1984 from our own 13 down by 4 with just about 4 minutes left, with Rhode Island driving to put the game away, sending us to the NC game which we would end up winning. But I guess by your logic this is also pathetic since... it was a mistake by RI?
Ha! Good one.
Just like how the legend of the mythical unicorn gets passed down from generation to generation, so does little bro’s remembrance of the one time he got the better of big bro because of a technicality.
Thanks for proving my point.

garizzalies said:
CatzWillRise said:
garizzalies said:

Ha! Good one.
Just like how the legend of the mythical unicorn gets passed down from generation to generation, so does little bro’s remembrance of the one time he got the better of big bro because of a technicality.
Thanks for proving my point.

Roberts 87 yard td sprint! How about the greatest pass? 3 years ago, Murray completes his second pass out of 9 attempts to ice the game in Missoula. 9 attempts! Everyone on earth knew the Cats were going to run the ball that day, and the griz couldn't do a thing about it. Come to think of it, the griz haven't stopped the Cats run game since then. But I digress. None of you at the game heard the whistle - for the record - it was too damn loud.

Again, lil bro’s, if your greatest pass—EVER—is a 2 for 9, 12 yarder against your big bro, that should tell you everything about how sad your existence really is.

And if you have to dip beyond 15 years into the last millennia for your next greatest play (the mythical return—which is really a similar fuckup), it just solidifies the truth—that the greatest play in bobcat history is a Griz fumble.

A buddy just sent me a text saying there is some thread on the scat site discussing their best plays in history and half of the plays are vs UM with the Griz fumble being #2, just behind the mythical unicorn play. :clap:

garizzalies said:
Again, lil bro’s, if your greatest pass—EVER—is a 2 for 9, 12 yarder against your big bro, that should tell you everything about how sad your existence really is.

Sad? Naaa, I don't do sad. I was joking with you garzzalies, obviously the Murray stumble-toss wasn't much of a completion, but it was good enough to beat your sorry ass team!

poorgriz said:
Well maybe people hear what they want to hear. I clearly heard a whistle, and saw several refs running in blowing the play dead, and this was after Choate told the ref beside him to be ready because he was going to call a time out before the snap. The ONLY outstanding question here is where Choate was standing when he called the timeout, because apparently that's important to PR.

Well, where was Choate standing when he called the time out? You said, "...Choate told the ref beside him to be ready because he was going to call a time out before the snap." Where on the field, exactly, was 'the ref' standing, because Choate was beside him. 'The ref' had to be on the field, ready to make any call, correct? Therefore, Choate was standing on the field, next to 'the ref,' correct? Your question, so I assume you have the answer.

tourist said:
poorgriz said:

Well, where was Choate standing when he called the time out? You said, "...Choate told the ref beside him to be ready because he was going to call a time out before the snap." Where on the field, exactly, was 'the ref' standing, because Choate was beside him. 'The ref' had to be on the field, ready to make any call, correct? Therefore, Choate was standing on the field, next to 'the ref,' correct? Your question, so I assume you have the answer.

Yes, I do have an answer for that. My answer is that I don't know exactly where Choate was standing and as 99.9% of the world knows, IT DOESN'T FUCK'N MATTER! It was clearly within the rules of the game, as someone dug up what it states in the rule book that allows the coach to go wherever he needs to to get a refs attention.

You asked the question. Either you wanted an answer, or already knew the answer and just wanted to argue. I think it is the latter.

Back