• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring ball discussion: Offense

Grisly Fan said:
My opinion, without one shred of evidence which is exactly like 99% of what is posted here, is that AE was coached to get pads low and get whatever yards he could. The weakness of the OL was well known and spending a whole lot of time trying to find that gaping hole was not going to result in much. I am in the camp that believes the AE skeptics will be won over when the Griz have an OL that can make second level blocks. No he will never be a Yohance Humphery but will be a very productive back that will get the yards the Griz need.

I’m with you, he was essentially thrust into starting as a redshirt freshman. If Bobby and the staff had their wishes I’m sure they wouldn’t have wanted him to have such a heavy role like he did until his junior year, ideally.

poorgriz said:
BWahlberg said:
behappp said:
I'm really looking forward to Sneed improving his accuracy and consistency too. If he can lock in with this WR crew, not only on the 10-15 yd throws, but on the 20 yd+ throws, we will score a ton of points.

:thumb:

Last season there was a fairly simple observation of "good Sneed" vs "bad Sneed". Games where he was more accurate, didn't force passes, and didn't lose fumbles - we won. On the other hand, games where he had a rough day, the team couldn't cover his mistakes and they all resulted in losses.

Can't pin the losses entirely on him, but for his own part - that has to clean itself up. The cat game is a prime example. 3 quarters of good Sneed = Griz winning and in control. 1 quarter of bad Sneed = well... we know the result. Again, that loss isn't entirely on him or any one player, but its something you can attribute to the end result.

He (And you WRs) made some clutch plays on 3rd and long over and over and over again. It was maddening for a Cat fan.

Largely Sammy Akem. If he continues on his upward trajectory he could be one of the best WRs in the Big Sky this year. I don't know if anyone had more receiving TDs last year than him (13).

BWahlberg said:
poorgriz said:
BWahlberg said:
behappp said:
I'm really looking forward to Sneed improving his accuracy and consistency too. If he can lock in with this WR crew, not only on the 10-15 yd throws, but on the 20 yd+ throws, we will score a ton of points.

:thumb:

Last season there was a fairly simple observation of "good Sneed" vs "bad Sneed". Games where he was more accurate, didn't force passes, and didn't lose fumbles - we won. On the other hand, games where he had a rough day, the team couldn't cover his mistakes and they all resulted in losses.

Can't pin the losses entirely on him, but for his own part - that has to clean itself up. The cat game is a prime example. 3 quarters of good Sneed = Griz winning and in control. 1 quarter of bad Sneed = well... we know the result. Again, that loss isn't entirely on him or any one player, but its something you can attribute to the end result.

He (And you WRs) made some clutch plays on 3rd and long over and over and over again. It was maddening for a Cat fan.

Largely Sammy Akem. If he continues on his upward trajectory he could be one of the best WRs in the Big Sky this year. I don't know if anyone had more receiving TDs last year than him (13).
He led the Big Sky in receiving TD’s and was 6th in the Nation

BWahlberg said:
behappp said:
The cat game is a prime example. 3 quarters of good Sneed = Griz winning and in control. 1 quarter of bad Sneed = well... we know the result. Again, that loss isn't entirely on him or any one player, but its something you can attribute to the end result.
He put us into position to win that game with the final drive. The "loss isn't entirely on him"; what a bold statement.

kemajic said:
BWahlberg said:
behappp said:
The cat game is a prime example. 3 quarters of good Sneed = Griz winning and in control. 1 quarter of bad Sneed = well... we know the result. Again, that loss isn't entirely on him or any one player, but its something you can attribute to the end result.
He put us into position to win that game with the final drive. The "loss isn't entirely on him"; what a bold statement.

Sneed had an unfortunate fumble when he was trying to make a play, but these stats are good in my book: 22-34-0 354 2 TDs. That's good Sneed, in my view.

Back