• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Silver Linings

GrizLA said:
citay said:
Another reason our future is bright: We have some legit bigs coming through. Anderson is the real deal. I'm hoping Carter or Kramer or both develop enough to contribute. And Yogi is a possibility.

Because while the fifth year of the DeCuire regime produced a Power Five backcourt, the front line was woefully undermanned, and little wonder: Alfonso Anderson, Jared Samuelson and Karl Nicholas all transferred out. Jack Williams, the graduate transfer, announced for us, but then went to Rice. And of course, Krslovic graduated and Akoh got hurt. In a way, once Akoh went down, we were playing with half a team. We had the talent to make adjustments at the Big Sky level; not at the national level.

And when it comes to our front line, we might be in for a surprise this off season. To raise the possibility would be to give away my source, and you can never give up your sources. I'll confirm it only if it happens.

I am already looking forward to next year! Threepeet!

My main concern for next year is that Travis would leave, and one or more of the supposedly awesome recruits would follow him. I have no clue how good they are, but the reports from some of you in CA are very positive.

We booked at Boars Head for Wed. night. Our hotel is within a block. Thx.

It is my opinion that the current Montana hoops roster... https://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball ...

MINUS the four exceptional, remarkable record-breaking four seniors, and...
not yet including or counting the incoming, very promising, freshman class...
is already, right now, good enough to compete in the upper tier of the Big Sky.

Since the many intangibiles cannot be counted, I didn't; I just looked at this team. This roster is deep and talented, tough and bristling with attitude, skill, leadership and inside-outside punch. They're winners and they can (right now) prove it.

PlayerRep said:
GrizLA said:
citay said:
Another reason our future is bright: We have some legit bigs coming through. Anderson is the real deal. I'm hoping Carter or Kramer or both develop enough to contribute. And Yogi is a possibility.

Because while the fifth year of the DeCuire regime produced a Power Five backcourt, the front line was woefully undermanned, and little wonder: Alfonso Anderson, Jared Samuelson and Karl Nicholas all transferred out. Jack Williams, the graduate transfer, announced for us, but then went to Rice. And of course, Krslovic graduated and Akoh got hurt. In a way, once Akoh went down, we were playing with half a team. We had the talent to make adjustments at the Big Sky level; not at the national level.

And when it comes to our front line, we might be in for a surprise this off season. To raise the possibility would be to give away my source, and you can never give up your sources. I'll confirm it only if it happens.

I am already looking forward to next year! Threepeet!

My main concern for next year is that Travis would leave, and one or more of the supposedly awesome recruits would follow him. I have no clue how good they are, but the reports from some of you in CA are very positive.

We booked at Boars Head for Wed. night. Our hotel is within a block. Thx.
Enjoy...umbrella...good non slip shoes...cobblestones. shrimp and grits, pecan pie...

Back