• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Semenza

Its the same issue golfers have in chipping, putting. Instead of just hitting the shot, putt or kick he's looking up instead of at the ball. He's peeking. Can see the uprights in his peripheral vision. If he had blinders on like a racehorse he would never miss a PAT. Book it!!

This guy has literally missed ONE kick through three games (that was "his" fault). The first PAT snap was so bad it's lucky they got a kick off at all.

People need to calm the fuck down, and not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Put down the pitchforks and don't burn him at the stake....

AZGrizFan said:
This guy has literally missed ONE kick through three games (that was "his" fault). The first PAT snap was so bad it's lucky they got a kick off at all.

People need to calm the f*** down, and not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Put down the pitchforks and don't burn him at the stake....

are you sure you are at the right website?

Pair of San Diego kickers contributing consistently for Griz
https://skylinesportsmt.com/pair-of-san-diego-kickers-contributing-consistently-for-griz/

PlayerRep said:
"SEMENZA'S FIELD GOALS:

Junior kicker Tim Semenza made both of his field goal attempts on Saturday, connecting on a 36-yard field goal in the first quarter and a 31-yard kick in the third quarter. Semenza is now 6-for-6 on the year and 19-of-22 for his career.

Semenza is tied with Montana State's Tristan Bailey for the lead nationally with most field goals made this season with six. Bailey is also perfect on the year "

That's 86.4% on career FG's. That would have been top 10 in the NFL last year.

Only being asked to make short-range kicks makes the FG% comparison to NFL kickers irrelevant. His career long (college and HS) is 47 yards. NFL kickers actually attempt and make 50+ yarders. Also his PAT % (a 20 yard FG in college) is horrible. I notice you didn't compare his PAT% to NFL kickers (who kick 35 yd PATs). I've never seen anybody miss more PATs than Semenza, and he's never been trusted to kick off, but cling to those irrelevant stats if it makes you feel better.

Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
"SEMENZA'S FIELD GOALS:

Junior kicker Tim Semenza made both of his field goal attempts on Saturday, connecting on a 36-yard field goal in the first quarter and a 31-yard kick in the third quarter. Semenza is now 6-for-6 on the year and 19-of-22 for his career.

Semenza is tied with Montana State's Tristan Bailey for the lead nationally with most field goals made this season with six. Bailey is also perfect on the year "

Only being asked to make short-range kicks makes the FG% comparison to NFL kickers irrelevant. His career long (college and HS) is 47 yards. NFL kickers actually attempt and make 50+ yarders. Also his PAT % (a 20 yard FG in college) is horrible. I notice you didn't compare his PAT% to NFL kickers (who kick 35 yd PATs). I've never seen anybody miss more PATs than Semenza, and he's never been trusted to kick off, but cling to those irrelevant stats if it makes you feel better.

Most accurate FG kicker in the Montana history, so there’s that....

alabamagrizzly said:
Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
"SEMENZA'S FIELD GOALS:

Most accurate FG kicker in the Montana history, so there’s that....

Stop with the "clinging to those irrelevant stats".... :lol: :lol: :lol:

This kid has become MONEY. Not sure why he continues to get grief.

Zirg said:
PlayerRep said:
"SEMENZA'S FIELD GOALS:

Yes, you are correct. I was talking only about FG's. Feel free to start a discussion on extra points. That was not my point. Feel free to start a discussion on kickoffs too, which again wasn't my point.

So far, and its only 4 games this year, he is no. 1 in the conference, the nation, and apparently in UM history. Feel free to tare down his accomplishments. You seem to like to be Mr. Negative and have trouble being positive and supporting players and the team.

Feel free to provide your own kicking stats.

Could you provide some backup on your statement ton NFL kickers? I am curious as to what the stats are. Even though this isn't an NFL board, I assume you can get away with NFL information.

Has Semenza ever missed a FG over 50 yards?

bgbigdog said:
I think maybe I’d consider going for 2 more often. You just can’t miss the XP, it always finds a way to haunt the decision-making process in-game.

So you want to go for 2? Historically the best 2pt conversion rate average in college football was 47% in the 70's. So he's 12/14 this year from PAT. That's 85.7%. You want to forgo 85% change of 1 point for a 45% chance of 2 points?

LEtS gO fOUr TwO !

mtgrizfankb said:
bgbigdog said:
I think maybe I’d consider going for 2 more often. You just can’t miss the XP, it always finds a way to haunt the decision-making process in-game.

So you want to go for 2? Historically the best 2pt conversion rate average in college football was 47% in the 70's. So he's 12/14 this year from PAT. That's 85.7%. You want to forgo 85% change of 1 point for a 45% chance of 2 points?

LEtS gO fOUr TwO !

Eat something. All this posting while hangry is really starting to annoy me. Bastards.

Montana is 1-1 in two point tries this season.

Let's just say for the sake of argument you get to have field goals or extra points, not both (go with me on this for a moment). Which would you choose? FGs are worth 3 times XPs so if you smartly chose FGs then Semenza is the guy you want. So back to reality. You can have both so all he needs to do is add consistent XPs, certainly the easier of the two. I suggest you kwitcherbitchin and enjoy whachugot. He'll get it figured out.

Back