• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Selection Show at 4PM Sunday

MONDAK said:
Griz2k said:
In the grand scheme of things does it really matter if you're 13 14 or 15 seed? It's a monster job either way you cut it. Griz played Michigan tough last year...let's hope for a little march madness this year. Go Griz!!

And take out the 8+ minutes in the 2nd half when the Griz did not score a single point and maybe they would have won?

That was brutal to watch wasn't it?!?! Good lord...

Griz2k said:
MONDAK said:
Griz2k said:
In the grand scheme of things does it really matter if you're 13 14 or 15 seed? It's a monster job either way you cut it. Griz played Michigan tough last year...let's hope for a little march madness this year. Go Griz!!

And take out the 8+ minutes in the 2nd half when the Griz did not score a single point and maybe they would have won?

That was brutal to watch wasn't it?!?! Good lord...
Agreed - though I thought it spoke VOLUMES about the D we played that game, because during all that, I don't think we ever got behind by more than 10 pts or so. Michigan didn't really pull away until the Griz started fouling (after missing shots) at the end to extend the game.

AZGrizFan said:
FireGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
FireGriz said:
Yeah...the committee looks at the whole season, not one good night. By your logic, PSU is better than us because they swept us this season. PSU finished 16-16 in case you forgot.

So it was just luck? Show me a team between the 10-16 seeds that doesn’t have a bad loss on their record.

Show me a 14 seed with a worse overall resume than us. There isn't one, which is why we're a 15.

This isn't rocket science, even the yokels over at Moo U get it.

No need to be a dick. Unless you simply can't help it.

How many other 14 seeds played 15 seeds head to head? And lost? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say ZERO. What better "resume" do you need than to beat the team that's in front of you? I mean, if they'd gone 30-2 the rest of the way and were a 10 seed then fine. But to be that close and NOT look at the head to head seems weird.

You're fixating on the head to head matchup and ignoring the entirety of the rest of the season.

They had a better season, in a better conference. They are, when the entire season is considered, a better overall team than Montana. That's why they're a single spot better than us. It's not a wide margin, but it is a margin and that's what the committee bases seeds on (partially). There's general consensus that Michigan is the lowest #2, which means they draw the best #15. The conspiracy theories about Michigan/Mighigan State aside, that tells us that Montana was close to a 14 seed, but not quite good enough to pull it off.

Back