• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Secret Scrimmage - WBB v. UM-Western

grizindabox said:
mthoopsfan said:
“ (US) In some team sports, especially soccer, a practice game which does not count on a team's record.”

Wiktionary. https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/scrimmage#Noun

Thanks for reinforcing my post about a scrimmage being practice.

It actually refutes your post. It says a scrimmage is a GAME. But if you want the recent scrimmage with Western to be called a "Practice Game", that's okay with me. So, from now on, it's a practice game, right? I'm fine with that.

mthoopsfan said:
grizindabox said:
Thanks for reinforcing my post about a scrimmage being practice.

It actually refutes your post. It says a scrimmage is a GAME. But if you want the recent scrimmage with Western to be called a "Practice Game", that's okay with me. So, from now on, it's a practice game, right? I'm fine with that.

It actually doesn't. It literally says practice.

grizindabox said:
mthoopsfan said:

An enlightening posted quote from Isaac Asimov. His Foundation series is still atop my list of "speculative fiction" favorites.

grizindabox said:
mthoopsfan said:

This is exactly what it says: practice GAME. Can't you read?

"practice game which does not count on a team's record."

mthoopsfan said:
grizindabox said:

Yep, PRACTICE game. It doesn't count because it is PRACTICE. Are you stupid?

grizindabox said:
mthoopsfan said:

The discussion has been whether it was a scrimmage or practice. I said a scrimmage is a scrimmage. Some dummy started saying it was practice. Then another dummy produced a dictionary definition. Then I produced a better definition. It said a scrimmage was a practice game. The dummy then again said it was practice. Then, you, without paying attention, jumped in. Showing you are a dummy too. I need said it counted. Learn to read. I said it was a scrimmage, which is was. Then I found the definition saying it was a practice game.

What's wrong with a scrimmage just being a scrimmage?

I think it's so funny that some of you want to disagree with me so much, that you end up making yourselves look stupid. You've just done it.

The LG lost tonight too. By less than they lost to Western. No Gfeller. The transfer point guard had an awesome game.

mthoopsfan said:
grizindabox said:

The discussion has been whether it was a scrimmage or practice. I said a scrimmage is a scrimmage. Some dummy started saying it was practice. Then another dummy produced a dictionary definition. Then I produced a better definition. It said a scrimmage was a practice game. The dummy then again said it was practice. Then, you, without paying attention, jumped in. Showing you are a dummy too. I need said it counted. Learn to read. I said it was a scrimmage, which is was. Then I found the definition saying it was a practice game.

I think it's so funny that some of you want to disagree with me so much, that you end up making yourselves look stupid. You've just done it.

You do realize that your "better" definition still called it a practice. Just because the format is a game, a scrimmage is still a practice. You are such a pompous moron, you can't even either realize your are incorrect or just to arrogant to admit it. Solid job of making yourself look like the ass of eGriz.

grizindabox said:
mthoopsfan said:

You do realize that your "better" definition still called it a practice. Just because the format is a game, a scrimmage is still a practice. You are such a pompous moron, you can't even either realize your are incorrect or just to arrogant to admit it. Solid job of making yourself look like the ass of eGriz.

No, it calls it a practice "game", not practice. You just can't admit that you jumped into a discussion without understanding what was going on, and made a fool of yourself. By the way, why can't a scrimmage just be a scrimmage? Doesn't most everyone know what a scrimmage is? In any event, it looks like the scrimmage was an indication of where the LG are now. I.e. on the short end of the stick. Yes, I know Gfeller is out. Were NDSU and Western at full strength?

You are amazing PR. You provided a definition clearly noting that a scrimmage is a practice game. Practice can take many forms, of which one is a scrimmage, so teams, coaches, players, and even officials can practice in game situations.

HelenaHandBasket said:
You are amazing PR. You provided a definition clearly noting that a scrimmage is a practice game. Practice can take many forms, of which one is a scrimmage, so teams, coaches, players, and even officials can practice in game situations.

Actually, I called it a scrimmage, which is what it was. Then some joker calls it practice, and another comes up with a dumb definition. I provide a better definition which calls a scrimmage a practice game. You want to call it practice. I want to call it a practice game or scrimmage. It is amazing to me that you can't see how wrong your posts are. You want to emphasize practice. I won't let you ignore game. So, your call. Is a scrimmage just a scrimmage, or is it a practice game. Either works for me.

A scrimmage in practice against players on the same team is much different than a scrimmage against an opponent.

And then in the first game, the LG lose by 2, instead of the apparent 4 they lost by in the scrimmage against Western. See a pattern here, so far?

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Actually, I called it a scrimmage, which is what it was. Then some joker calls it practice, and another comes up with a dumb definition. I provide a better definition which calls a scrimmage a practice game. You want to call it practice. I want to call it a practice game or scrimmage. It is amazing to me that you can't see how wrong your posts are. You want to emphasize practice. I won't let you ignore game. So, your call. Is a scrimmage just a scrimmage, or is it a practice game. Either works for me.

A scrimmage in practice against players on the same team is much different than a scrimmage against an opponent.

And then in the first game, the LG lose by 2, instead of the apparent 4 they lost by in the scrimmage against Western. See a pattern here, so far?

A scrimmage is a practice, it doesn't matter if the players are from the same team or different teams. Some joker is you. I am not ignoring "game", but there are "real" games and "practice" games, and a practice game is a scrimmage. A practice game is still just a practice.

Evidently, someone didn't practice and/or scrimmage all that well to begin with, now did they?

Funny thing, when Robin Selvig announced his retirement awhile back my first impression for the succession for the LG Head coach would have been Marti Leibenguth. The Athletic Department picked Shannon Cate. O.K. she was an assistant coach for 24 years, but,
if one goes through the Mike Mansfield Library and go over most of the books written on how to play the game, coaching, etc., etc., etc., on women's basketball and basketball in general I noticed one name that kept showing up on the checkout list, and that was Marti Leibenguth's and not many others by the way. Oh well.

Nothing against the current coaching staff but I just wonder every once in a while, how much of a difference there would have been otherwise.

mthoopsfan said:
I heard both of the Momberg sisters both had good or fine games. A post from May 2021: "I look forward to Carroll or Western beating the LG in the next few years,"

The "fired" Lady Griz lit it up for 0 in 27 minutes last night. I think it was in a "game".

Back