• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SAN DIEGO!!!

HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:
Yep. But also, it was a windy day and that was the first pass of the game. McKay has made some great throws this year and no doubt he’s better than any qb we’ve had since Prukop. The MSU offense is significantly better than what we were at this time in 2019.

I think I’ll wait until you play an actual team with a good defense to decide what he is or isn’t or what your offense is or isnt. The last 2 games can’t even be used. May as well been jv games.

Im not saying we have a great offense, because you’re right, we haven’t faced a great defense (wyo was pretty solid). That said, our 2019 offense struggled against WIU and we looked lost at qb. We are currently much better on offense than week 2 of 2019.

That’s all I’m saying.

wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:
I think I’ll wait until you play an actual team with a good defense to decide what he is or isn’t or what your offense is or isnt. The last 2 games can’t even be used. May as well been jv games.

Im not saying we have a great offense, because you’re right, we haven’t faced a great defense (wyo was pretty solid). That said, our 2019 offense struggled against WIU and we looked lost at qb. We are currently much better on offense than week 2 of 2019.

That’s all I’m saying.

Fair enough.

wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:

That’s all I’m saying.

I agree with this sentiment….my takeaway (and admittedly I didn’t watch the entire game) was that the QB could dump off adequately and as long as the pass wasn’t longer than about 15 yards he was ok…but he missed a couple of wide open guys that would have been long TD’s by overthrowing them (and not by a little)….so that would concern me. He also seems prone to want to run it himself on the RPO, many times with little success…but yes, you are better on offense AND and QB than you were in 2019.

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:
They’d beat Washington if you listen to cat fans.

I don't know any credible Cats fan that would say that.

Well, that obviously is true by simple definition.

But I’ve talked to cat fans who are convinced Washington sucks and that Wyoming would beat them by 45. All of which is insane; but I bet if I went to bcn (I won’t) I’d find very similar claims, no?

ilovethecats said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Doesn’t get much more difficult either against a mediocre Portland state team

Wait. Portland state is mediocre now? What happened to them since the spring season?

They weren’t very good then and aren’t very good now. But they are considerably better than either drake or San Diego. What’s your point? I never said Portland was any good. Although coming into that game we all thought they would be better. I will say that they do tend to get up for some games, and play better at home, so often beat teams at home they otherwise shouldn’t.

ilovethecats said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Doesn’t get much more difficult either against a mediocre Portland state team

Wait. Portland state is mediocre now? What happened to them since the spring season?

:lol: :lol: I challenge you to find more than a handful of posts on here claiming PSU was any good. We might have thought at the time it was due to lack of practice time….but that has proven itself untrue.

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

:lol: :lol: I challenge you to find more than a handful of posts on here claiming PSU was any good. We might have thought at the time it was due to lack of practice time….but that has proven itself untrue.

Fair enough. I just recall a lot of excitement after beating them and when it was suggested they aren’t good it was refuted by some. And your head coach said they were a good team. And this thread a week ago saying Cat fans were wrong when saying PSU wasn’t good when you played them.

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87079

I think they were a mediocre to bad team in the spring, and they seem to be a mediocre to bad team now. But they do tend to play up to the challenge and usually give the Cats a game so I guess we’ll see.

And they’ll get free beer so that’s awesome!

ilovethecats said:
AZGrizFan said:

Fair enough. I just recall a lot of excitement after beating them and when it was suggested they aren’t good it was refuted by some. And your head coach said they were a good team. And this thread a week ago saying Cat fans were wrong when saying PSU wasn’t good when you played them.

I think they were a mediocre to bad team in the spring, and they seem to be a mediocre to bad team now. But they do tend to play up to the challenge and usually give the Cats a game so I guess we’ll see.

I mean, when HAS PSU ever been more than mediocre? :lol:

wbtfg said:
How’s Wyoming doing? Going to be hard for their pathetic offense to put up many points this year.

Ball state is garbage. WIU gave them all they could handle and look at their record.

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

I think they've beaten you at least twice recently.

ilovethecats said:
AZGrizFan said:

Hauck saying they are a good team is coach speak and you know it, just like when vigen says drake and San Diego are good teams. Every coach says those things. It’s classy to do so regardless of the opponent

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

I think they've beaten you at least twice recently.
Find me a Griz fan that thinks our 2018 team was anything more than mediocre at best.

As for the other loss, 2015 is indeed the answer to the question of when the last time was that they were more than mediocre.

ilovethecats said:
AZGrizFan said:

Are there a number of posters on bcn downplaying Montana’s win at Washington? Are there some saying Wyoming would beat Washington? Are there some saying the cats’ schedule has been difficult? Wait. I don’t need to ask that last one. Poorsoul answered that one right here on our board.

Wyoming is good

The Bobcats are good

Washington has 5-10 guys that will
play in the NFL, at least

The Griz are good

The end

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

Are there a number of posters on bcn downplaying Montana’s win at Washington? Are there some saying Wyoming would beat Washington? Are there some saying the cats’ schedule has been difficult? Wait. I don’t need to ask that last one. Poorsoul answered that one right here on our board.
Haven't seen anyone downplaying your win at Washington, but perhaps. Regardless of how you slice it, that was a great win.

I think I've read talk that Wyoming could beat Washington. I don't think that is that crazy of a take. Any given Saturday.

Anyone suggesting that our schedule HAS been difficult is nuts. Wyoming was decent. The next two are exactly what they thought they'd be. That would in fact be a crazy take. Though many people, including myself think our overall schedule of the entire season is not an easy one if those on our schedule are as tough as they are on paper. I think it's about to get tougher, and no one will convince me our last three road games of the season won't be about as difficult as it gets.

Back