• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sacramento State Hornets Scouting Report

Per this Missoulian article:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/montana-vs-sac-state-hornets-explosive-offense-to-test-grizzlies/article_0f6e4d73-511d-5bfb-b24a-9d381aa0f46e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It doesn’t help matters that the team’s tackle leader, middle linebacker Darnell Sankey, is out indefinitely after suffering a knee injury two weeks ago. He will be replaced by a freshman, Tyler Mateer and Sac State will look to its five senior starters for leadership.

Also I kind of chuckle at this Safron quote:

"Last year’s game still sits in the back of my mind,” the QB said.

I'm surprised he remembers the game.

via Imgflip GIF Maker

Thanks Brint! One thing I believe is, if Sac State scores 35 points or more, we will lose. Our defense has to be better than this! Wags and Holmes have to be on Safron every pass. Our coaching staff needs to ensure the Refs watch the holding on Wags...this is a problem I see every game and rarely gets called. Hermey needs to get his interception hands ready, no whiffs on these. I think this will be one of the best games ever for Hermanson!

BWahlberg said:

4k6k7.gif
Can you IMAGINE the uproar if that had been JJ and not Safron?

OptimusPrime said:
BWahlberg said:

4k6k7.gif
It probably would have been a lot like when the cat fans threw a fit that McGoo got tackled hard last year...I mean honestly can you imagine the other team touching him with his prior injuries...pure classlessness

dupuyer griz said:
OptimusPrime said:
BWahlberg said:

4k6k7.gif
It probably would have been a lot like when the cat fans threw a fit that McGoo got tackled hard last year...I mean honestly can you imagine the other team touching him with his prior injuries...pure classlessness
When he separated his shoulder? I don't remember anyone throwing a fit.
Here's the thread:
http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=31133&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OptimusPrime said:
BWahlberg said:

4k6k7.gif

No shit. I'm very interested to hear what PR thinks of that hit. that defender definitely went after that QB and tried to hit him as hard as possible. That's a no no in PR's book.

That was not even a tackle it was a hit after he threw it, if he had not been diving he probably bats the pass down. I know I will be mocked for it but that is the exact tackle that if you miss, you are totally out of the play. Yes great hit by JPK, but hitting the QB in the knees is a bit cheap. I consider it very poor tackling form. :twocents:

JayLarson said:
That was not even a tackle it was a hit after he threw it, if he had not been diving he probably bats the pass down. I know I will be mocked for it but that is the exact tackle that if you miss, you are totally out of the play. Yes great hit by JPK, but hitting the QB in the knees is a bit cheap. I consider it very poor tackling form. :twocents:
No, you're right. He should of hit him right in the chest or helmet. Because that's a lot safer.

:coffee:

Anyway, sorry to drag this thread off topic. Griz need to come out tomorrow and dominate Sac St, show that last weekend was just an off game, the defensive needs to play great, hit hard, and be intimidating. Ready to see another big game out of Wags, and hopefully Dennard and Harris play well. The offense, well, I will just leave that there, we know they have the talent.

Latest posts

Back