• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ryan Leaf - ESPN Announcer

firmgriz said:
Zirg said:
I was at the 95' game and I 100% back up how unforgettable the Spraggins hit was. He got absolutely blown-up. Poor kid. Wasn't it a special teams play? I didn't remember who hit him, but if it was Darling that would be understandable although Darling would have been a jr that year and as a 2nd-round draft pick in 1997, it seems unlikely that he would be on special teams as a jr..

Scott got absolutely blown up on kick return. One of the most violent hits I’ve ever witnessed. It ended his season and career. It was also one of ESPN’s “hits of the year” after that season. By the way, Scott is one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet.

The refs were so stunned that the play was blown dead, even though it was clearly a fumble. Right in front of me. Pretty sure it was Darling — just a memorable name and an unforgettable play. Too bad Scott never played again, but it’s understandable.

retiredpopo said:
yup I would wait on this one and i will make a wager of $10 (all I can afford lol) this amounts to nothing. If you are familiar with the California domestic battery law it is pretty liberal, I guess better to be safe than sorry rather arrest some poor sap for being rude to his wife than take a chance he might kill her. If you simply touch a domestic partner even if you do not cause them any pain at all you just simply push them away causing no injury or pain but are rude or angry it fits the statute of domestic battery. The thing is Leaf is a big guy like 6'5 or 6'6" 250lb or so that will always work against him when there is no real evidence other than his wife or girlfriend says they were arguing and he pushed me but he did not hurt me and I am not scared of him nor do I think he will hurt me. His mug photo looked like he had been crying prior to the photo or he might have been angry or drunk or maybe he simply has hay fever...

It may amount to nothing legally, but he's going to get dropped by ESPN and probably won't get looked at by anyone else of note, either. Domestic Violence charges carry a lot more weight now and that's just an albatross around his neck that no one will want to touch regardless of him ultimately getting charged or not.

Back