• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rushing Offense

Grizlaw said:
I’m sure the stats aren’t available anywhere, but it would be interesting to see how the numbers would look if we could subtract Sneed’s rushing yards out from both years.

Not all “rushing yards” are created equally, in my view. A scrambling quarterback who can extend plays and gain positive yardage when his receivers are covered is extremely valuable, obviously, but is not a substitute for a more traditional running game. A better measure of how our running game has progressed would be to compare our 2018 vs 2019 stats on designed running plays, without counting Sneed’s runs on pass plays that broke down.
Is that not an be official stat? I'm sure that QB scramble yards are tracked somewhere, but it might be locked away in a top secret folder in Bobby Hauck's file cabinet. Lol

Valid points.... Tone was set right from git-go?
Sneed attempted 52 passes vs SD...& of the 10 carries he had that game gotta assume several were pass plays ending up in scrambles...so likely close to 60 attempts for the game? Just don’t get it...doesn’t seem like Bobby-ball? Shoulda just kept Stitt around if your gonna aerealize it 45-60x per game. Run game needs more commitment/
emphasis. Puzzling....I remember reading Paul Schafer at MSU ran the ball 58x vs Griz in 1968???
Different era maybe but weve gone lopsided the other way?

kispiox said:
Sneed attempted 52 passes vs SD...& of the 10 carries he had that game gotta assume several were pass plays ending up in scrambles...so likely close to 60 attempts for the game? Just don’t get it...doesn’t seem like Bobby-ball? Shoulda just kept Stitt around if your gonna aerealize it 45-60x per game. Run game needs more commitment/
emphasis. Puzzling....I remember reading Paul Schafer at MSU ran the ball 58x vs Griz in 1968???

My guess is they were playing to the strengths of what we had...which happened to be our QB and wide receivers (not to take anything away from Knight and Ostmo).

Folks, Bobby just finished his 2nd year. He doesn't have all his players in yet. Season 3 will be quite different. Most every player on the team will be from Bobby and his coaching staff. True Bobby ball is coming to a field near you real soon!

kispiox said:

Someone else that wants to keep living in the past.

grizindabox said:
kispiox said:

Someone else that wants to keep living in the past.

I don't disagree with what you've written. The game has changed.

But, 3 of the 4 remaining teams are top 10 in FCS rushing offense. My guess is that's where BH wants to take the team.

Back