• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Running back rotation

Alaska Griz said:
driftwood said:
So Gillman is a lock to RS?

Barring a rash of injuries that threatens the season, yes.

I believe the coaches have already discussed this with Gilman. I’m pretty sure I remember him mentioning he’s prepared to RS in the podcast with Angel Villanueva and the other guy.

So happy to have Knight back. Some people seem to somewhat forget that he always arguably the best offensive weapon in the conference down the stretch two years ago.

He gives QB an easy out that can easily pop for 30+ which is something we severely lacked last year.

So happy to have Knight back. Some people seem to somewhat forget that he was arguably the best offensive weapon in the conference down the stretch two years ago.

He gives QB an easy out that can easily pop for 30+ which is something we severely lacked last year.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
So happy to have Knight back. Some people seem to somewhat forget that he always arguably the best offensive weapon in the conference down the stretch two years ago.

We would have had a very different year last year had he been available. He's a very special difference-maker.

AZGrizFan said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
What a great problem/discussion to be able to have after last year. Obviously, Marcus Knight is the starter and deservedly so. After him it's kind of hard to say. Both Childs and Harris showed some really good stuff last year but are still young and could use more development. Having Ostmo back is a huge plus as well. With all these weapons I'm hoping we see some really creative and productive offense this year. (I'm thinking 2 back sets with misdirection, handing off to Malik on some sweeps, reverses, etc.)

I’m just glad we’re not talking about Bergen in this role. :D

I happened to meet Junior Bergen this summer and he introduced himself as a WR.
As expected both he and Patrick O'Connell were polite young men to this old Griz fan.

BadlandsGrizFan said:

He seems pretty darn happy to be back as well.

https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1557516522477613056?t=y3Y7IoMSo1Mj3KW0SqbMwg&s=19

Knight is definitely our 1.
2 will be dependent upon opponent, down distance, etc. I expect Ostmo to start the year as 2 though.

Harris will likely be a passing down back, with some rotational time.

Back to Ostmo and Knight, many here are under evaluating ther speed. As of spring camp, they were 2 of the 5 fastest players on the team. So, they're both fast. Why doesn't Ostmo get more credit for speed? Oh yeah, they're both over 220 lbs.

Hopefully, Gillman gets 4 games and a redshirt.
Maybe, somehow Harris can redshirt. I just see him rotating in a contributing role.

mtgrizrule said:
Knight is definitely our 1.
2 will be dependent upon opponent, down distance, etc. I expect Ostmo to start the year as 2 though.

Harris will likely be a passing down back, with some rotational time.

Back to Ostmo and Knight, many here are under evaluating ther speed. As of spring camp, they were 2 of the 5 fastest players on the team. So, they're both fast. Why doesn't Ostmo get more credit for speed? Oh yeah, they're both over 220 lbs.

Hopefully, Gillman gets 4 games and a redshirt.
Maybe, somehow Harris can redshirt. I just see him rotating in a contributing role.

Just rewatched the Griz/Scat game. Until Harris AND Childs can show me 5-6 games in a row where they can stay healthy, I hesitate to depend on them. They seem fragile, the exact opposite of Bergen.

Latest posts

Back