• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Root for the Kitties?

RzBCat said:
Proud Griz Man said:
;)

Disagree. I had friends play for the Cats, and friends play for the Griz. I respected both programs. I cheered for the 1984 Cats to win the Chipper. As the clock was winding down towards zero the 1984 cat fans started their obsessive hatred "poooor Grizzlies" and ESGGCG chants. Thus I have NOT cheered for them since. A Griz player's mother once told me she was going to make her first trip to Gallatin County to watch the rivalry football game and I warned her that she would get spit on and cursed at (and it happened). They are out-of-control. :bs:

That’s weird. I was there in ‘84 as a sophomore and none of that happened. We only cheered Poooooorgrizzlies when we beat you at Dornblaser sealing your 0-7 conference record. ;) We honestly didn’t give a rip about the Griz in 84 when we won our third National Championship.

I also lived in Missoula for many years after graduating and most Griz fans there were awesome towards us Missoula Bobcats but there are a bunch who are horrible and rude. Every fan base has both.
3rd National Championship??? I don't believe it. Not for a second. Y'all have sucked my whole life other than a year here and there. Bout as consistent as baby poo.

Griz Addict said:
RzBCat said:
That’s weird. I was there in ‘84 as a sophomore and none of that happened. We only cheered Poooooorgrizzlies when we beat you at Dornblaser sealing your 0-7 conference record. ;) We honestly didn’t give a rip about the Griz in 84 when we won our third National Championship.

I also lived in Missoula for many years after graduating and most Griz fans there were awesome towards us Missoula Bobcats but there are a bunch who are horrible and rude. Every fan base has both.
3rd National Championship??? I don't believe it. Not for a second. Y'all have sucked my whole life other than a year here and there. Bout as consistent as baby poo.

Ooh in NAIA and Div-2, should have figured. Want to know a fun fact??

Bobcats
All-time record
500–485–32 (.507)

Hell of a team you got there!!

Griz Addict said:
Griz Addict said:

Ooh in NAIA and Div-2, should have figured. Want to know a fun fact??

Bobcats
All-time record
500–485–32 (.507)

Hell of a team you got there!!

That 76 DII championship was probably their best. At the time there was no such thing as Div IAA or FCS. And a good portion of today's lower level FBS teams were DIv II. There were more competitive DII treams then than FCS has ever had.

cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Debatable. Probably refutable. Can’t claim a NC for which no credible evidence exists.

Well I do have a Cat national champion t-shirt from 1984, but it could just be a 37 year old forgery.

Odds are it’s a fake. Kind of a cool novelty item, though. My friend’s grandfather had one of those “Dewey Defeats Truman” newspapers. Great conversation piece.

What an odd thread.

Of course you should NOT root for the Cats! What the hell is going on?

I have relatives that are griz. Friends that are griz. If any one of you were broken down on the side of the road I’d help in a second. If you needed anything, or if there was a griz related charity I’d gladly donate.

But I’d never root for the griz. I get close when you play eastern. Their a cess pool. But even then I would never ROOT for the griz!

In my opinion it’s how it should be. Don’t root for the cats. Montana kids yada yada. We have the best rivalry in the nation and it doesn’t come from rooting each other on.

All that said, please pick me up if my car breaks down. :cool:

ilovethecats said:
What an odd thread.

I have relatives that are griz. Friends that are griz. If any one of you were broken down on the side of the road I’d help in a second. If you needed anything, or if there was a griz related charity I’d gladly donate.

But I’d never root for the griz. I get close when you play eastern. Their a cess pool. But even then I would never ROOT for the griz!

In my opinion it’s how it should be. Don’t root for the cats. Montana kids yada yada. We have the best rivalry in the nation and it doesn’t come from rooting each other on.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ilovethecats said:
What an odd thread.

Exactly.

GrizGuy said:
For some reason, and I can't put my finger on what, exactly, I am a HARD NO on MSU.
Usually, I don't give a rat's a$$ what the 'Cats do, who they're playing or whether or not they win or lose. I don't really care.
But THIS year? I'm 100% FTC all the way. I'm not only not rooting tor them, I won't be watching. I don't consider either of the two teams playing in the chipper to be the best two in the nation.
So, no, I'm not rooting for the Kitties.
F.T.C.

So if not NDSU or MSU, then who are the two best in the nation?

Walkon79 said:
GrizGuy said:
For some reason, and I can't put my finger on what, exactly, I am a HARD NO on MSU.
Usually, I don't give a rat's a$$ what the 'Cats do, who they're playing or whether or not they win or lose. I don't really care.
But THIS year? I'm 100% FTC all the way. I'm not only not rooting tor them, I won't be watching. I don't consider either of the two teams playing in the chipper to be the best two in the nation.
So, no, I'm not rooting for the Kitties.
F.T.C.

lol. Clearly these two teams left are the two best teams in the country. Some years, ya I get it, but this year, they are.

poorgriz said:
Walkon79 said:

lol. Clearly these two teams left are the two best teams in the country. Some years, ya I get it, but this year, they are.

happiness-laughing.gif

Dude, you almost had me. Classic.

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
happiness-laughing.gif

Dude, you almost had me. Classic.

Anybody gonna answer Walkon?

Oh, I know this scene:

Well, Dale, JMU is what's called a better team than MSU, so, yeah, they're pretty good . . .

Look, I'm happy for the Bobcats to have made the final for the first time since ever. Enjoy the gift.

Given what is happening with bowl games, what happens if they cancel the fcs championship because of Covid? Are they co-champs?

I swore I would never root for the cats again after a miserable experience at a Griz Cat game in Bozangeles.

1. Security failed to keep marauding cat fans from the visitor section. In fact they would let them enter after being asked and stood, watched and laughed when the fights broke out.

2. The esggcg cheer is obnoxious, immature and uncalled for unless maybe they are playing the Griz.

3. The vast majority of cat players are from out of state which is in a way consistent with their enrollment. I read there are 31 Montana kids on the cat team versus 50 on the Griz. If that is the benchmark on who to root for I think it is appropriate to root for the team with the highest percentage of Montana student athletes.
MSU enrollment is 52% resident while the Griz is 62%.

4. I trained a lot of first year engineers on how to inspect the projects I was involved in. Two to three years later those same engineers after they were no longer EIT's would treat me like they knew everything in my field and I did not.
After about ten years they would grow up and work cooperatively with me unless I bailed their arse out on a project earlier.
The graduates of MSU were the worst and I have worked with graduates from other schools such.
The cats were among the most obnoxious.

5. The cat fans are tied for being the worst with th eagles in the Big Sky Conference.

Back