• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Quick NCAA Takes

I bet you guys re-add every single dinner check, and take a magnifying glass to the fine print on your credit card statement. You've probably proof-read the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, twice, and looked for specks in the Mona Lisa when you visited the Louvre. So Curry makes a spectacular pass, at nearly full speed, to a teammate also streaking to the basket, against arguably the best basketball players in the world, and you fussy old hyper-anal crankbutts see only the extra step, not the overall beauty of this play.

Pro refs make mistakes, but I'll say this: They're a helluva lot more professional than those college bums. I'm glad they didn't ruin this play, the way their counterparts did the college championship game.

citay said:
I bet you guys re-add every single dinner check, and take a magnifying glass to the fine print on your credit card statement. You've probably proof-read the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, twice, and looked for specks in the Mona Lisa when you visited the Louvre. So Curry makes a spectacular pass, at nearly full speed, to a teammate also streaking to the basket, against arguably the best basketball players in the world, and you fussy old hyper-anal crankbutts see only the extra step, not the overall beauty of this play.

Pro refs make mistakes, but I'll say this: They're a helluva lot more professional than those college bums. I'm glad they didn't ruin this play, the way their counterparts did the college championship game.

...so what you.....are saying.....is you can.....break the rules....if it is a....beautiful play.......#WeDon'tNeedNoStinkinRules....

I'm saying, there are exceptions to every rule. And with the game decided, boredom setting in, and one fabulous exciting playing unfolding, this was a good exception to the rule. But then--I'm a Warriors fan.

citay said:
I'm saying, there are exceptions to every rule. And with the game decided, boredom setting in, and one fabulous exciting playing unfolding, this was a good exception to the rule. But then--I'm a Warriors fan.

...we can agree....to disagree.....in sports....a rule is.....a rule....there should never be....any exceptions....

grizindabox said:
citay said:

...we can agree....to disagree.....in sports....a rule is.....a rule....there should never be....any exceptions....
we can agree....a rule...is a rule....and a law.... is a law.... but....so many laws...on the books....that are not enforced.....else.....you and i......and everybody on this board....would be paying fines....and more fines...in a....tedious....never-ending....dull....monotonous....life....sort of like....the ncaa.....championship....game....

citay said:
grizindabox said:
citay said:

we can agree....a rule...is a rule....and a law.... is a law.... but....so many laws...on the books....that are not enforced.....else.....you and i......and everybody on this board....would be paying fines....and more fines...in a....tedious....never-ending....dull....monotonous....life....sort of like....the ncaa.....championship....game....

This is a ridiculous argument. That pass was so flagrantly outside the bounds of the rules. He traveled, CLEARLY palmed the ball and then made a sweet pass. Check out Ricky Rubio (who has made similar LEGAL passes in his career) react and plead to the ref immediately after Steph did that. Why are you celebrating this? It shouldn't have counted. I could do a 360 dunk if I could run up somebody's back and leap off it. Should that also count because it looks cool?

Okay, okay. I'll issue a warrant for Curry's arrest. Kyle and poor Rubio will testify. Kyle's testimony may be thrown out once he claims under oath he could make a 360 degree dunk off somebody's back. Timberwolf fans will watch the trial, lamenting once again the day they drafted Rubio ahead of Curry. But we will enforce those rules!

citay said:
Okay, okay. I'll issue a warrant for Curry's arrest. Kyle and poor Rubio will testify. Kyle's testimony may be thrown out once he claims under oath he could make a 360 degree dunk off somebody's back. Timberwolf fans will watch the trial, lamenting once again the day they drafted Rubio ahead of Curry. But we will enforce those rules!

On a 9-foot hoop!

....I have not....yet located the part....in the NBA.....rule book....that allows officials.....to exercise.....exceptions to the rules....can anyone point.....it out for me.......

grizindabox said:
....I have not....yet located the part....in the NBA.....rule book....that allows officials.....to exercise.....exceptions to the rules....can anyone point.....it out for me.......

:)

Granted, I will agree that officiating takes away too much from a terrific sport, at the collegiate level. However, the superstar treatment and lack of calling travels, palming, etc, will keep me from being a bigger NBA fan. I would get so pissed at the NBA officials for letting the game become a travesty in not calling the obvious travels, palming, etc.

As for Curry's pass referenced in this. It would be well deserved hype if he did it within the true rules of the game, and not get away with the traveling, etc. The truest basketball magician was Pistol Pete Maravich. He did what he did in a day when players did not get away with what they do in today's game. Hell, I'd take Jason Williams ball handling magic over today's lot of players.

I really do want to agree with you on the artistry in the NBA, but until the art can be done without jeopardizing the integrity of the game, I will not buy into what these great players are doing.

Back