• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Projected 2024 Roster

I'm def happy with how the roster has shaped out

The staff picked up a lot of new talent and now I'm excited to see them take it to the field

Only factor is that there is a lot of new names playing big spots epically on defense but I think the staff did a great job getting the right kind of players from what I have read and seen

For the first time in awhile the real pressure is on this Griz team with high expectations now so I do believe that will be the real X factor and how it is handled, wouldn't want it any other way though

I'm def happy with how the roster has shaped out

The staff picked up a lot of new talent and now I'm excited to see them take it to the field

Only factor is that there is a lot of new names playing big spots epically on defense but I think the staff did a great job getting the right kind of players from what I have read and seen

For the first time in awhile the real pressure is on this Griz team with high expectations now so I do believe that will be the real X factor and how it is handled, wouldn't want it any other way though
I agree, I will add that the ‘22 season had very high expectations as well. Injuries derailed that season, but hopefully we stay healthy and manage expectations this year! We have better depth than we did in ‘22 which will help.

I agree, I will add that the ‘22 season had very high expectations as well. Injuries derailed that season, but hopefully we stay healthy and manage expectations this year! We have better depth than we did in ‘22 which will help.
That 2020 season had expectations that were quite high before being derailed by covid. That could have been a real fun year.

*updated
Caleb Otlewski LB✅

There are still a few more changes to come, but this roster is starting to show great depth! OL and DT are the biggest needs.

We currently have 118 known players

Offense(42 players)

QB: Ah Yat, Huot, Fife, Sliter

RB: E Gillman, Ostmo, Rocker, Dantic

WR: Bergen, White, Fontes, Racanelli, Simpson, X Harris, Deck, Alford, Dever, B Lang, Finch, Klumph, Gurnsey, Phillips, Toney

TE: Grossman, Shafer, Olson, Barker, Grezmak, Weida

C(Players might play multiple OL positions):
Brown, McCabe, Ray, Cohen

OG(Players might play multiple OL positions):
Grimsrud, Johnson, Freitas, Henrikson, Templeton

OT(Players might play multiple OL positions):
Casey, Panfiloff, Botner, Buehler

Defense(49 players)

DT: Hayden, Kaschmitter, Ramos

DE: Nuce, H Harris, Lehrmann, M Mata’afa, Detrick, Wegener, Mason

DL: Smith, McPherson, Jenkins, Murphy, Tucker, Wilson V

LB: Wilson, Kaho, Tirrell, Barnum, Stevenson, Opitz, Leonard, Walton, Evans, Osteen, Childs, Hustedt, Oven, Otlewski

S: Meyer, Lee, P Lang, T Rostad, McGurran, Longin, Cutler, Boyd, Barbour

Nickel: Gordon, Klucewich

CB: Gradney, Lawler, Jackson, Brady, Huff, Rausch, Ford

Special Teams(5 players)

K: Glasgow, Boyer
P: Morrison, Silver
LS: Pibal

True Freshman(all 22 will redshirt)
ATH- Malik Lyttle
ATH- Taylor Jones
ATH- Monte Gillman
ATH- Tommy Running Rabbit
ATH- Cody Schweikert
ATH- Grady Walker
QB- Luke Flowers
RB- Malae Fonati
RB- Talen Reynolds
OL- Matt Hilden
OL- Trevor Steinbach
OL- Colin Amick
OL- Torin Jeske
WR- Lekeldrick Bridges
WR- Brooks Davis
TE- Isaac Keim
TE- Danny Sirmon

DE- Brenton Handsford
DB- Kyon Loud
S- Kash Goicoechea
S- Owen Reynolds
LB- Toa Mata’afa Grove

What a fun roster this year!

Super curious to see how Childs works in on defense. And I really feel great about the present and future of our LB room. Opitz, Leonard, Oven, and Otlewski look like absolutely great prospects to me, and exactly the kind of kids that thrive in the Montana LB room.

I don't know enough about all of them, so I'm not discounting the others at all.

What a fun roster this year!

Super curious to see how Childs works in on defense. And I really feel great about the present and future of our LB room. Opitz, Leonard, Oven, and Otlewski look like absolutely great prospects to me, and exactly the kind of kids that thrive in the Montana LB room.

I don't know enough about all of them, so I'm not discounting the others at all.
I’m a huge fan of Childs, and expect him to be an ace on special team, but I do not think he will get that many reps at LB. Very excited to watch him and the rest of that room play!

I’m a huge fan of Childs, and expect him to be an ace on special team, but I do not think he will get that many reps at LB. Very excited to watch him and the rest of that room play!
I would suspect you are very right.

In an era of transfers being so freely available, I hope Griz Nation sees that Child's is choosing to stay and help the team in any capacity he can because he is bought in. I love that about him, and I love that for him.

I would suspect you are very right.

In an era of transfers being so freely available, I hope Griz Nation sees that Child's is choosing to stay and help the team in any capacity he can because he is bought in. I love that about him, and I love that for him.
If I remember correctly, he transferred here because his previous school, Akron I believe, wanted him to play defense and he wanted to play RB. Just goes to show you what a difference in culture can do for your mindset.

If I remember correctly, he transferred here because his previous school, Akron I believe, wanted him to play defense and he wanted to play RB. Just goes to show you what a difference in culture can do for your mindset.
I did not realize that. It truly is amazing what that brotherhood can do. I think the Griz locker room seems like it is in a really strong place right now.

There is no hard limit on the number of rostered players at the FCS or FBS level. FBS get 85 scholarships that can’t be divided, FCS get 63 scholarships that can be divided.

Avg roster size is between 115-130 players at the D1 level.
Isn’t there a pre-season camp limit? Until school starts.

I believe the Ivies have a roster limit.

Back