• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Press Conference Quotes

Potomac Griz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Potomac Griz said:
Anyone else somewhat pleased that Stitt is causing massive butthurt over on BCN?

They may claim it's just his comments but we all know it's more than that... they see what's coming....a Stitt-storm is headed their way :mrgreen:

I haven't seen this level of butthurt since Hauck was coach over here. I think that's a good sign...

The cats hated Hauck with a passion...even so much many of them hated the idea of him being their own coach (which they'd be lucky to have instead of coach Chaode).

The cats seem to absolutely despise Stitt so far too. Hmmm... I like where this is going :p

I say that as someone who was hoping Hauck would get the job here btw...but I like what Stitt has done so far, his attitude & confidence and the fact that the cat fans despise him already!

It is a pleasant surprise, this early hatred. Kinda cool. :clap:

Yup, for sure! Not only is he busting ass to improve this program and hopefully get it back to competing for a national championship, he's giving us entertainment in the form of Bobcat tears, anguish and anger during the off-season!

rXNCOt9.jpg

Thats seriously funny. Genius, brilliant work, take a bow :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Potomac Griz said:
Anyone else somewhat pleased that Stitt is causing massive butthurt over on BCN?

They may claim it's just his comments but we all know it's more than that... they see what's coming....a Stitt-storm is headed their way :mrgreen:

I haven't seen this level of butthurt since Hauck was coach over here. I think that's a good sign...

The cats hated Hauck with a passion...even so many of them hated the idea of him being their own coach (which they'd be lucky to have instead of coach Chaode) when it was jokingly suggested.

The cats seem to absolutely despise Stitt so far too. Hmmm... I like where this is going :p

I say that as someone who was hoping Hauck would get the job here btw...but I like what Stitt has done so far, his attitude & confidence and the fact that the cat fans despise him already!

Spot on. I've never seen a fan base get more butt hurt over the smallest things ever. They get mad when we call them lil'bro, but they do absolutely nothing to remedy it. In fact, they do the opposite. They take steps to become more lil'bro than ever before:

- 10k incentive to coach if he beats the Griz (I can promise our coach doesn't have anything like that)
- a bobcat nation poll where the majority of posters actually vote they'd rather beat the Griz than make the playoffs (I promise you can't make this stuff up)
- blaming officials every time we destroy them
- blaming Griz players and staff for cheating and picking up sideline communications whenever we destroy them
- and the latest where they all get their panties in a bunch whenever our coach says or does anything.

I love the last part the most. These guys hated Hauck more than anything. They literally despised him. They are starting to have the same blind hate for Stitt. This, and this alone, tells me all I need to know about our new coach and where our program is heading. It's going to be a long, bumpy ride for those chicks.

I like that Stitt seems to understand and has embraced the vehemence of the Cat-Griz rivalry. I didn't think much of Hauck, but I certainly enjoyed his love for bitch-slapping the Cats whenever possible. I'm not seeing that yet from Choate. Should bode well for the next few Novembers for those wearing maroon.

Sam A. Blitz. said:
Even if he did lose a couple over a few $K, I don't like that he implied the reasoning on the kid's decision being money based. It was a bit tacky.
I agree. It was petty. Leave the kids out of it.

This is my favorite quote on kitty nation:

My favorite quote of the article:

“I’m not worried about the University of Montana,” Choate said.

As in, not worried about them and not in competition with them because they won't compete with MSU going forward. The tide has turned and it is becoming more and more evident. Just look at the Gazette article about UM's recruiting class and the comments from griz fans up in arms about the lack of in-state recruits. "We are Montana" will have to be changed to "We are a small % of Montana"......you better believe Choate knows what this rivalry means......he has already said it in his initial press conference.

GO CATS, FTG!

They're using this line again! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

get'em_griz said:

The tide has turned and it is becoming more and more evident.
OMG. :shock:

The last time they started to believe this stuff it was actually the beginning of the end, resulting in a complete program demolition.

BWahlberg said:
Cats had the better in-state class, Griz had the overall better class.

Easily settled. And all the arguing over kids who haven't even suited up for either team yet. Who knows how these classes will actually shake out.

Totally agree with this. In the meantime the folks over on BN are in an uproar over Stitt, and amazingly feel that the tide has now turned against the Griz (again)!! This is my shocked face :eek:

From BN:

"My favorite quote of the article:

“I’m not worried about the University of Montana,” Choate said.

As in, not worried about them and not in competition with them because they won't compete with MSU going forward. The tide has turned and it is becoming more and more evident. Just look at the Gazette article about UM's recruiting class and the comments from griz fans up in arms about the lack of in-state recruits. "We are Montana" will have to be changed to "We are a small % of Montana"......you better believe Choate knows what this rivalry means......he has already said it in his initial press conference.

GO CATS, FTG!"

Priceless. As much as the BN posters (sometimes rightfully) mock what happens on egriz, they somehow fail to realize that they are no different, and that both boards have many of the same characters, for better or worse, than most every sports board in the country.

This year the in-state guys largely went to the cats due to family allegiances, etc., and last year they went to the Griz. Winning the in-state battle unfortunately won't turn the tide for the kitties as the Griz have had two outstanding classes in a row under Stitt and are only getting better on the field (and already in the midst of a new streak against the cats). I guess it's good that some of their fans actually believe it though....

Go Griz!

garizzalies said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
He's holding on to about 7 scholarships right now so I don't think we're done yet.
That's right! I forgot about the "tryouts" you guys are having. Gotta save some space for the winners you'll get from there.
IMO, this is smart, though 7 seems like a significant number. Every year there are a few kids that shake out of an FBS program, cats are in a position to grab a few.

UMGriz75 said:
get'em_griz said:

The tide has turned and it is becoming more and more evident.
OMG. :shock:

The last time they started to believe this stuff it was actually the beginning of the end, resulting in a complete program demolition.
This is funny, obviously some cat fans have not seen our recruiting class.

Anyone see any clips of Choke's presser on signing day? The spazz looks like his head is going to bust off! He looks like somebody just murdered his wife, he's an angry man. I am embarrassed for him. Dude is going to have a heart attack before the season even starts. He needs to seriously calm down. He looks like that pissed off cat fan standing up in WA GRIZ from 2014, for real, if not worse. But I guess times are desperate over in bozangeles.

NativeGriz said:
garizzalies said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
He's holding on to about 7 scholarships right now so I don't think we're done yet.
That's right! I forgot about the "tryouts" you guys are having. Gotta save some space for the winners you'll get from there.
IMO, this is smart, though 7 seems like a significant number. Every year there are a few kids that shake out of an FBS program, cats are in a position to grab a few.

That number is going to be bigger after spring ball too.

https://youtu.be/4jX-a_cmE94

Sounds like he's identified some kids that he wants to get.

NativeGriz said:
garizzalies said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

As are the Griz. They still have some scholarship money being held for some post-spring ball additions, although I don't know how much. It's good roster management by both programs.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Anyone see any clips of Choke's presser on signing day? The spazz looks like his head is going to bust off! He looks like somebody just murdered his wife, he's an angry man. I am embarrassed for him. Dude is going to have a heart attack before the season even starts. He needs to seriously calm down. He looks like that pissed off cat fan standing up in WA GRIZ from 2014, for real, if not worse. But I guess times are desperate over in bozangeles.

Really? To someone sane, it looks like he's excited and passionate about the kids he's bringing in. I don't see any anger what so ever.

LongTimeCatFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Really? To someone sane, it looks like he's excited and passionate about the kids he's bringing in. I don't see any anger what so ever.

So I am crazy? Well we will just have to see what my therapist says about that, Mr. :!: :thumb:

IntuitiveGriz said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

So I am crazy? Well we will just have to see what my therapist says about that, Mr. :!: :thumb:

BOOM!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

LongTimeCatFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

I agree, Choate kind of reminded me of Hauck, though Hauck was a little better with his jokes. Plus what he said is what 90% of the coaches say. I like what he said about Montana kids, but otherwise I didn't find anything special about his presser, though for cat fans, they were probably very excited when comparing to Ash. Just like Stitt last year, he was a total live wire after Mick.

LongTimeCatFan said:
NativeGriz said:
garizzalies said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

It depends on where he puts those schollies, More HS recruits in hopes of building a program for tomorrow or more transfers with hopes of competing next year. We all know how those transfers panned out last year for the cats. If he brings in 7 more transfers, that would be double digit transfers two years in a roll and I see failure if that approach is taken.

NativeGriz said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
NativeGriz said:
garizzalies said:

It depends on where he puts those schollies, More HS recruits in hopes of building a program for tomorrow or more transfers with hopes of competing next year. We all know how those transfers panned out last year for the cats. If he brings in 7 more transfers, that would be double digit transfers two years in a roll and I see failure if that approach is taken.

The difference between this staff and the last staff is the have connections to the Pac12 and those coaches can recommend some dudes that are buried on the depth chart.

LongTimeCatFan said:
NativeGriz said:
garizzalies said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

Oh, I see what you're saying. After the "tryouts" some scholly kids will likely get cut to make room for the new talent found laying around town/campus.

Fuck. Why do you guys even need scholarships?

Back