• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Friday night revenge

The 34-7 run we had in the middle of game was a great message of what this team is capable of. Baer learned that a lot blitzes worked to Barriere's favor and once we had the lead he switched from attack to coverage. We kept the plays in front of us, preventing a lot of YAC and reducing the risk of mistakes that could have gotten EWU back into the game. And man, our DBs delivered some blows to the EWU receivers in that scheme.

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
Great write-up, Brint! I think it encapsulates how many of us feel about this team and those seniors. What a ride this season has been starting with that upset at Montlake.

BTW, I counted the use of the word ‘ass’ four times in the write up. No need to work blue, you’re way too talented for that.

I’m guessing that was the hangover talking.

Hangover? It’s Sunday night and I’m betting he still hasn’t drawn a sober breath since Friday at noon.

kemajic said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Box score recorded 6 EWU penalties for 30 yards ... so, all five-yarders. I can only recall (vaguely) one possible offsides, so I'd guess most of those were false starts. Crowd induced? Who knows.
They had at least one illegal receiver downfield.

Also a delay of game where they snapped the ball before the ref blew his whistle. That was a 5 yarder as well.

Back