• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

playoff tickets

MontanaJack2006 said:
Will we break 20,000 on Saturday?

If we do I think that will be pretty impressive. Most playoff games I’ve been to seem to be in that 17-18k range. But I kind of like it because it’s always the crazy, rowdy, loud 18k as opposed to the 80 year old saying “can you sit down please so I can see the band”.

No grandma, if you want to sit you can watch the game at home. Now get back to you knitting.

info said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I never have understood people who call and talk to people. Like my wife. I'd rather order online and talk to no people. Plus, you can just print your tickets and not have to go to the ticket office at all. But hey, whatever floats your boat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’d much rather buy on line too. The problem is with UM’s current system, you can only buy all of your season tickets on line. If you only want some of those tickets you have to call or fax the order.

Tried. Website was down. Had no choice but to call.

We could if they hire more than one person to man the phones. Waited more than 45 minutes as I wanted to buy one more ticket next to my season seats...

I will have one ticket available at my tailgate. It is 2nd row, north end zone, above cannon. Anyone interested, please come by my tailgate in lot "M". Or PM me.

hilinegrizfan said:
info said:
AllWeatherFan said:
I never have understood people who call and talk to people. Like my wife. I'd rather order online and talk to no people. Plus, you can just print your tickets and not have to go to the ticket office at all. But hey, whatever floats your boat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’d much rather buy on line too. The problem is with UM’s current system, you can only buy all of your season tickets on line. If you only want some of those tickets you have to call or fax the order.

Did you try that link I sent yesterday. That worked all day for me yesterday and works now as well.

HookedonGriz said:
hilinegrizfan said:
info said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Did you try that link I sent yesterday. That worked all day for me yesterday and works now as well.

i had already called and took care of it before i saw the link so not sure if it would have worked or not

hilinegrizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:
hilinegrizfan said:
info said:

i had already called and took care of it before i saw the link so not sure if it would have worked or not

👍

HookedonGriz said:
MontanaJack2006 said:

If we do I think that will be pretty impressive. Most playoff games I’ve been to seem to be in that 17-18k range. But I kind of like it because it’s always the crazy, rowdy, loud 18k as opposed to the 80 year old saying “can you sit down please so I can see the band”.

No grandma, if you want to sit you can watch the game at home. Now get back to you knitting.

we have some loud, fun people in their 70s who sit in our section and i know at least one of them knits. that being said i wish the University would do more dynamic pricing for playoffs. cheaper tickets generate less revenue (per ticket), but more attendees buy more concessions, merchandise and it looks better on television.

BozAngelesGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
MontanaJack2006 said:

we have some loud, fun people in their 70s who sit in our section and i know at least one of them knits. that being said i wish the University would do more dynamic pricing for playoffs. cheaper tickets generate less revenue (per ticket), but more attendees buy more concessions, merchandise and it looks better on television.

I think a question to ask is, are ticket prices really the issue when it comes to not selling out playoff games? Would cheaper ticket prices lead to a full stadium? It might bring a few more people to the games, but I don't know if that's the main issue. If cheaper playoff tickets would sell out the stadium, then teams like UNI should be able to sell out their stadium for playoff games. Tickets for the UNI game last Saturday were $20, and they only had 3,743 attend their playoff game (season average was 9K+, and yes I know it was Thanksgiving weekend).

While cheaper ticket prices would be fantastic, I'm not sure how much it would actually help with attendance issues for playoff football when other schools who have cheap tickets still have problems getting people to attend. Add in the factor of road conditions, holidays coming up, etc... it seems like the attendance problem is more than just ticket prices.

20000+ would be nice. UM said yesterday was a steady line of people. Local media could sure help out by pushing the game, TV, Radio, lets pack this place!!

I see the Bobcats are doing free student tickets (purchased by boosters, etc). Do the Griz do something similar for students?

HookedonGriz said:
Tickets for the UNI game last Saturday were $20, and they only had 3,743 attend their playoff game (season average was 9K+, and yes I know it was Thanksgiving weekend).

That’s absurd, I had no idea a consistently winning team (in a dome, no less) couldn’t manage to break the 4K mark

MontanaJack2006 said:
Anyone know how many seats are left?

Numerous, Wednesday evening will give a more accurate measure once unsold season-holder tickets go on sale. I know several people waiting to get tickets then.

Brother Bear said:
I see the Bobcats are doing free student tickets (purchased by boosters, etc). Do the Griz do something similar for students?

Wouldn't that be a NCAA violation???

TCCGRIZ said:
Brother Bear said:

Wouldn't that be a NCAA violation???

You would think if Free Hotdogs at the Griz tailgates are frowned upon by the NCAA for student athletes, there is no way free tickets to the game from boosters/ sponsors would be ok?

Go Griz!

Back